001 - milk and toast and honey

Thick And Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It's Saturday, seven in the morning.

Jisoo woke up to feel a warm breath on her shoulder blade. Yixing's cheek rested on her shoulder and half of his upper body was on top of her left sides that her arm felt numb under his weight. She scooted aside and pulled her arm free from under his bare chest slowly as to not wake him up (though she knew that he would be sleeping for another hour). Stretching down, she grasped anything that her arm could reach on the floor. She got Yixing's t-shirt, and she slipped it down her head before sliding off from the bed to put on her maroon lacy  that laid at the edge of the bed where Yixing had thrown off to last night.

She looked over her shoulder again while adjusting the length of her husband's t-shirt on her body, which barely covered the sight of her undies. Yixing was still deep in slumber and that's how she sauntered across the room to the closet, then to the bathroom to have a warm shower. It was about fifteen minutes later she got out from the shower, in her bathrobe, she was about to apply her morning skincare routine when she caught the visible sight of red marks; one at the crook of her neck, while the other one was right below her jaw. She clicked her tongue instantly.

Yixing's doing it again. She sighed.

Last night was amazing, just like any other ones. Yixing was that type of a pleasure giver when it came to their ual encounter. He always wanted to dominate just like a man might say, 'we have to make love before we can love'—that out of nowhere cheesy line that he once proposed at their first night as newlyweds. He knew that she loved to feel loved and he'd been showering her with one endlessly, paying attention to details of her desire to enjoy the pleasure to make love joyously. Like seriously, Jisoo was totally aware that Yixing was a serious person, but he'd been taking this very seriously; in his own way.

And maybe it's one of those reasons why the with Yixing was always nothing but mind-blowing. 

Some things changed after the wedding. Seven months after being married to him, Jisoo never expected that behind that serious face laid a very playful person. The days with Yixing was always filled with laughter that came effortlessly. Yixing didn't even need to do or say anything, even his facial expression was enough to get her rolling on the floor, laughing. He was naturally a funny person, and Jisoo had no idea why he kept this talent hidden before.

It's like he'd been holding back himself too much in the past, like, for so many things. It's also after the wedding that Jisoo only found out how affectionate he was. He showed his affection by keeping the skin contact maximumly; he loved to be pet—like, to snuggle on her and asked her to  on his head. He also loved to cuddle. They could spend hours, even a day, just to lay in bed and have each other in arms on Saturday while having a movie marathon.

Jisoo felt so lucky because he'd been treating her exactly like a queen of his universe. Now it felt like he did all the way out to spoil her with all his might. He mostly never let her do the house chores when the maid was in the house, and always wanted her to be around when he's home. She knew it's because of the busy schedules that didn't allow them to always see each other every day. 

Yixing wasn't as busy as he used to be since Luhan joined the company. He would be home around six or seven so they could have dinner together; people would still call him oftenly but at least he had enough six to seven-hour sleep and that was a very good rest for him. The boys were like sharing half of his workload and this really helped Yixing manage his schedule, especially when he had some business travels abroad. In the past, he could have international travel three times in a month, while now, just like Jisoo, he only went twice maximumly even though it would be a week to two weeks long. Zhang Dong was expanding their company network to Europe in the meantime, and Yixing and Luhan had been traveling frequently to some of the Western Europe countries to take care of their new branch of the company—just because they hadn't had the elected branch president yet.

The problem was that Jisoo had set up her schedule at every early semester, and this was related to her official travels for research and conference abroad that she couldn't just cancel in the middle of time. They had almost never met each other these few months because when she was at home, Yixing had to travel abroad, and vice versa. And during the past four months, no more than ten days a month when they were both at home. They were lucky if they could get a weekend together. That's why when this rare chance was there, Yixing seemed to not want to lose their moment and made their quality time the most of it by spending it together no matter what schedule they were having at the time.

Jisoo applied some cream on her neck to help fade the dark red color faster. After changing her bathrobe with a loose t-shirt and shorts, she then went to the kitchen to make some breakfast for them both. She always made it simple, that American style breakfast, just because she wasn't a really good cook (she had to admit that Yixing was a better cook than her, especially when making the Chinese dish) and prepared them some toasts with eggs and bacon, along with his favorite honey because he liked his toast sweet.

She heard a sound of the pouring water from the shower, telling her that Yixing must have been awake by now. She peeled some tangerines that his mother had shipped them from Beijing, put out the milk from the fridge and had their breakfast on the tray to take it to the bedroom where Yixing had waited while sitting back at the headboard, guitar on his lap. He had made the bed and even cleaning the pieces of their clothes that were lying on the floor, very charming.

"Ooh, the woman on my bed is finally back." he chirped as he put aside his guitar leaning on the nightstand. "Ooh, and what a pretty color she has on her neck," he added to tease. 

"Shut up, now I have to wear some high necks for several days ahead because of you." She put the table tray on the bed, because it's just how they always spent their Saturday when they're both at home, and had their breakfast there.

"Please don't, Baby. Let people see it." he leaned sideways and titled his head to press his lips at where the red marks were spotted. "I want them to see that you are marked."

She chuckled for the tingling feeling that he left from his warm breath on her neck and then she gave him a peck on his lips, "That is ," She said as she pulled away quickly before he thought of doing much more to reciprocate her. And Yixing seemed to see her motive because he started to chuckle but said nothing as he dug in the food.

Jisoo knew exactly what he had in mind right now. She knew what he was thinking because it's the only thing that he would want to have to make up the lack of their 'bed-time' when they were away from each other. When he was home, he didn't want to get away from her. But the feelings were just mutual, so she would be just as happy as he was. She enjoyed him spoiling her, she took every pleasure that he gave vivaciously like it was the last day of her life. She loved to be pampered with his caresses like how he loved to pamper her with ones.

"Hey, do you have your schedule fixed in June or July?"

Yixing forked more toast, put it into his mouth and and kept the fork there while he chewed the toast and was thinking at the same time. He had no idea how she loved to see him doing that, he's terribly cute when he acted like a kid sometimes that she wanted to pinch on his cheeks and kissed him endlessly. The best part of it all was that he never realized how any of this had affected her that big.

"I don't think so. Why? You want to go on holiday?"

She nodded, "Let's go somewhere with the less heat this summer." she proposed. She'd been drowned in a very tight schedule since last December and she was in need a short getaway from her works.

"I can arrange that. I'll have Tao to free me somewhere in July." he sipped on his milk, "Do you have somewhere you want to go?"

"Somewhere like Maldives or Seychelles? I've never been to Seychelles, people say it's a nice place to go for a couple," she told him. 

"I think I've heard about that Seychelles. Isn't it that tiny island in the east of Madagascar?" Yixing dipped his pinky on the honey and smacked his lips as he tasted its sweetness with his finger in between his lips, and Jisoo held herself not to coo on his cuteness.

"I think that's Mauritius you're talking about. But Seychelles is indeed near there, like north farther. They say it has the most beautiful beaches in the world, and it's more private than either Mauritius or Maldives."

"Uh-uh, no more private island. We can go either to Maldives, or that Mauritius. You pick." 

Jisoo started to laugh. Yixing was kind of traumatized since their last holiday on their honeymoon last October. To think about it again, it's really funny to be laughed at even though Yixing never admitted that he didn't really enjoy it to the fullest.

Their honeymoon was actually a gift from Minseok, who had prepared them an exclusive holiday for a week to celebrate their wedding as well as Yixing's birthday. He didn't tell them where to go at first when they boarded on the jet, the pilot only told them that they were going to Hawaii once they were about to land. When they thought that they would get some private resort somewhere in Oahu, it turned out that their final destination was actually a twenty-minute trip with the high-speed jet to a private island called Kailua.

The small island was very beautiful. It had an amazing view of the aquamarine ocean, tropical vegetation, even a blue lagoon just at the back of their lodge. It had everything they needed; the scenery, the refreshment, the food, even the adventures, except one thing: the island didn't have internet access. And being a technology spoiled—the one who always had his phone 24/7 next to him, Yixing was kind of panic of the seclusion. He didn't say anything about it, even trying so hard to hide it, but it was clearly shown by the way he became overly paranoid in a sudden. Like, he forbid her to swim in the sea once he spotted a dead jellyfish at the beach; he didn't want them to explore the island because he was scared that she, particularly, would hurt herself while doing the tracking; he refused to go surfing when they found some surfboards inside the storage room though she knew well that he took this as one of his favorite sports. All that because there were only both of them on the island and there would be no paramedics to help them anytime because there's no wifi to connect them to the outside world.

Yixing used the same reason to have them staying in bed most of the time. Like, really lazying, watching some movies, having some scrabble or sudoku tournaments, and making outs. And boy, how he loved making-out. Jisoo came to realize later on, that the couch in their living room back home was a vivid witness of how tight Yixing had been holding back himself every time they had their intimate interaction before they got married. Because seeing how he had his hands all over her right now, he had taken their make-out session to a whole new different level. And Heaven only knew how good he was at doing his job that Jisoo was out of wits of how to serve him back for the pleasure that he had given her.

"If we're going to fly to Africa, we need a bigger jet." Yixing said suddenly, "I always want to have a real bed to sleep on while we're having a long-haul flight."

"But that would cost a lot of cash," she retorted as if it would be real trouble for him. And he just clicked his tongue for that, amused to her words.

"Don't worry, we have titanium." Of course, he had the titanium card. She always knew that he was such an impulsive shopper, and even though he used the word 'we' as the owners of that rare item, it's not like she could have a say in it since he always ended up buying the things that he wanted although she clearly showed how disagreeing she'd been into his impulsiveness.

The last time he used his titanium card was to buy the latest Aston Martin's Vanquish The Ultimate for her birthday prese

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter