Chapter 4

Princess and the Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol had been waiting for the next day to bring Kim Jiyoo out for lunch. He wanted to show her how capable he was, that he did not easily falter to a woman, that he had the cunning and sly traits as a fox. He planned to wine and dine her and show her that he was well off, that he didn’t need her to buy him lunch everyday and that he was successful on his own.

Park Chanyeol wanted to prove that although she was a princess, he was a knight. He had worked himself up from a lowly squire to a metal plated beast that was unable to be stopped. However, Kim Jiyoo had different plans. He had waited for her to show up at his office as per usual, but she had not shown up. Nor did she stick in her head into his personal space like she usually did. It had been three days since he had seen her. Three whole days. He wasn’t sure whether or not to be thrilled or concerned, but as Oh Sehun, a team lead under him, began to talk about her, he grew a bit more concerned than he had liked.

“Are you and President Kim close?” He asked as he crossed his arms. Oh Sehun was one of the only other men in the department that competed with Chanyeol’s height, so as he stared straight across to him, he shook his head. “We just have mutual friends, so it was just natural we be friends.” He tried to keep their relationship casual, like most people should. However, the younger male eyed him, “Just friends? Wow, you’re a saint. No offense, but I am so jealous of you!” 

Chanyeol smiled as he tried his best not to tell him about her bold behavior or how she coordinated her colors every single day to the weather. “God, if I were you, I would totally try to woo her. She would be an amazing woman to bring home.” He joked slightly, but Chanyeol knew the male was serious as he held on tightly to the mug in his hand. “Kim Jiyoo is not a woman you simply bring home to your mother, Sehun.” He said with a masked venom that was strong enough to quiet the younger man, “Trust me. I know her very well.” He said as he placed his hand on his shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze, “Anyway, it was nice chatting. I have to go and review some things for our team lead meeting later today. I hope you’re prepared.” He could see the man turn nervous as he nodded hastily.

Chanyeol smiled as he walked away toward his office. He noted to himself to pay extra attention to Sehun’s presentation as he sat down at his desk.

Three days.

It had been three days since she had come down to his office where they would share lunch and she would annoy the daylights out of him. It wasn’t that he missed her, no. It was more the fact that Kim Jiyoo thought she could walk in and out of his life as she pleased. She had forced him into a friendship and a routine that he didn’t ask for nor did he want, but she had also completely shut him out. Three days. Seventy two hours. Nothing. She hadn’t even sent him an email explaining to him how he should make his signature look more friendly and pretty like how she did days before.

No, Park Chanyeol didn’t miss Kim Jiyoo, he couldn’t. However, he couldn’t just let his pride be shattered. She would not win. Therefore, as he looked at the time on his desk, he closed out his computer. Straightening his coat, he made his way out of his office.

As he closed the door, he looked down to see Joy filing her nails as she watched a video with her headphones on. Sighing, he waived his hand in front of her as the girl peered up, “Lunchtime, boss.” The girl said with her pink lips. He scowled as Joy smiled back at him. “Boss, shouldn’t you be having lunch with your secret girlfriend?” She teased as Chanyeol’s jaw clenched.

Not my girlfriend.

Was all he could think in his head as he walked away as Joy snickers to herself. As he rides up the elevator, Chanyeol has a plan. He’s going to bring her to that one restaurant, the one that he could get a seat at any time because he helped the owner sort out his finances. He’s going to order the most expensive bottle of wine and the rarest cut of steak for them. He’s going to show her how cool he is. How manly he is. He refuses to let her win.

So once again, he fixes his suit in the metal reflection of the elevator doors and also adjusts his hair. Chanyeol prided himself in always looking clean cut, even at home. Therefore, if he were to show his boss how cool he was, he had to look his best. He wore his favore blue pinstriped suit that was fitted to perfection. His brown leather dress shoes fit him perfectly. They echoed against the marble floor as he stepped out of the elevator. This was the floor. Where all of the executive board meetings, press conferences, and shareholder meetings were held. On top of that, it was were Jiyoo’s office was.

Therefore, as he made his way to her office, he could see that Kim Doyoung was nowhere to be seen. Her secretary was a young man, but very capable. If he remembered right, the boy had gotten his MBA from Harvard and with the recommendation of his uncle, a director, he was hired. If it weren’t for his immense skill and professional

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter