Chapter 3

Princess and the Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood in front of the mirror of his walk in closet. The endless amount of suits perfectly color coordinated to his left as he button up his shirt while his mother’s voice boomed through the phone. “I can’t believe you!” Her aspirated tone of voice making him smile a bit. “You had a girlfriend this entire time and you didn’t tell me? I’m your mother. I should be the first to know these things.”

His mother was a control freak. She loved knowing and having her hand in a bit of everything. Maybe that was why her noodle shop was always running so smoothly. However, Park Chanyeol was not a noodle shop. He could not be accounted for nor could his own mother meddle in his affairs. On the other hand, one thing Park Chanyeol did let his mother have her part in was his mindset. He was strong minded like the strong older woman who raised not just a son, but a daughter as well on her own.

Therefore, as his mother ranted on and on about this mysterious girl, he couldn’t help but to think about the night prior.

 

“So, were you stalking me here?” The smugness in his voice almost saying, ‘I got you’.

However, as her own smile merely reflected back his small and weak attempt at a poke on her pride as she motioned to La Cruix across the street. It was an amazing piece of architecture that stood tall, even among the skyscrapers in this side of town. It was old and regal, but it was also a place very familiar to him.

It was the very place he found himself running out of in the very early hours a few days prior. So as he nodded his head in acknowledgement, the girl leaned on her hand as she looked at him with a sultry gaze that he just knew was normal for her. This alluring aura that just floated around her was natural, it was who she was.

“So, are you stalking me, Mr. Park?”

 

He chuckled at his own thoughts. His deep and rolling laughter making his own mother silent before she reverted back to her outspoken personality. “You think this is funny?” He could hear the anger in his mother’s voice as he did his tie. However, it didn’t cease his laughter as he shook his head at her accusation, “No, mom. It’s not funny.” He replied.

He tightened the tie as his straightened out his shirt, “And she’s not my girlfriend.” He added before instantly regretting it as his mother began another rant. This was how she just was and it was something that he had grown accustomed to. Therefore, as he tightened his tie a bit more, he let out a low chuckle as he tried to contain the cackling laughter within him.

“It’s just a friend, mom.” He could hear his mother scuff on the other side of the line as she continued to nag him, but he was unphased. This is was the great Mrs. Park after all.

“Okay, I got to go to work. Bye!” Dragging out his farewell, he hung up the phone as his mom continued to curse at him through the phone.  The abrupt end to the call only guaranteed a nasty phone call later in the week, but he was willing to risk it. Right now, Chanyeol couldn’t bare to hear his mother nag for hours, nor could he bear to think more about her.

 

 

Chanyeol had finally gotten to work. As a department head, he was given his own parking spot for his perfect Mercedes E Class Coupe. A parking spot with your name definitely screamed class and it was something he craved for. So as he stepped out of his vehicle, he admired the polished finish of his car with it’s pearl white coat. His ultimate prized possession was this car. Since he was a child, he had dreamed of owning a Mercedes.

From the first time he saw Mr. Jang from across the street come home with his gold 1998 Mercedes E Class, it had been his goal to own one as well. So as he admired his car, he gently closed its doors with precision while he held his briefcase in one hand. However, just as he heard the beep of his car, a red Maserati GranCarbio pulled into the spot next to his. He knew exactly what car this was. Just like the Mercedes, he had longed for this car. However, it would just be financially irresponsible of his to invest in such a car. For now.

Therefore, as he turned his head to look at the plate attached to the spot, he could feel himself shrink. Of course. Just my luck. The male thought as the passenger side window rolled down. Looking in, he could see that bright red lipstick with piercing gray eyes that peaked just a bit over her designer shades. 

“Mr. Park.”

Her sultry voice making him freeze in his spot as he stared at her. She was just so amazingly beautiful, but he knew better. So as he composed himself, he straightened up, “Princess.” The agreed nickname that she had chosen for herself rolled off of his tongue naturally. However, like always, she was never one to fold so easily. So as she smirked and leaned a bit on her steering wheel to show him the beautiful arch of her back as her Chanel dressed hugged her sides perfectly. “Not going to open my door for me, Mr. Park?”

Again, Chanyeol could feel his confidence dwindle a bit in the presence of this woman. She was probably the only woman beside his own mother that could make him feel small. He had never had a lack of confidence nor lack of words for the opposite . If he would have to describe himself, a cassanova might have been one of those words. However, in the shadow of this woman, he seemed to have forgotten a small part of his personality.

So smiling, he nodded his head, “Of course, Ms. Kim Jiyoo.” Walking over to her driver’s side, he opened the door for her. And like that, the woman had hopped out of her sports car carrying multiple bags. Giving him her signature smile that gave out nothing but empty sincerity, she pushed the bags to him. 

“Thanks!” She beamed as he looked down at the multiple heavy bags in his hands. “What are these?” The tone of his voice just screaming out the-audacity. However, she quickly waved him off as she began to walk towards the elevator, making sure to press the button for her car to lock it.  Following Behind her, he watched the girl press a button as the elevator began to move up. 

In silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter