Chapter 1

Princess and the Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He could hear the music pumping in his ears. The smell of alcohol and sweat swarming round him as his close friend, Byun Baekhyun, lead him through the crowd. Tonight was a celebration and his friend was bringing him out. Chanyeol had finally achieved his dream of becoming a six figure salary man. However, like always his friend was there to talk him into doing something stupid.

The chaebol had never really figure out why Chanyeol was such a buzzkill, but he thought his friend deserved a fun night out before having to work the rest of his days away. So as the two men pushed through the crowds of people, they stopped at a private room. His small friend turned around to him, his handsome face dazzling in the dark as he grinned.

“To help give you a headstart at your new job.” He beamed. However, Chanyeol sighed internally. Baekhyun’s idea of fun was never sensable nonetheless safe half of the times. However, as he opened the door, Chanyeol was taken aback by the amount or the limited amount of people, booze, and noise.

Instead in the glass box that looked over the nightclub was filled with his old college friends and then some. The five men raised their glass to him in celebration as Chanyeol smiled. Taking a glass of scotch from Jongin, he shook his hand. Their firm grips showed the respect they had for each other as they smiled.

“Hey, man. Congrats!” He heard as his other friend, Jongdae gave him a hug while Minseok, Yixing, and Kris congratulated him from the background. It had been years since the men graduated, but they were finally all thriving. Some may have had a silver spoon in their mouths, but it was just how life was. They were thriving, may it be from the hard work and social climbing or through their blue bloods.

Chanyeol was the last to achieve his goal, but he was here now and he was content. Although he had to work tomorrow and it had taken the annoying persistent force of Baekhyun to force him out, standing here in this moment was worth it. However, as he looked around the room, his eyes caught on the elegant figure sitting at the private bar drinking a martini. Raising her glass to him, he smiled as she said, “Congratulations.” The slow wrapping voice making him smile harder as he looked away.

However, his friend, Baekhyun, grabbed onto his arm, “Hey, man.” He whispered as the group slowly dispersed from him. “She’s hot, right?” He asked as Chanyeol shrugged, “Yeah, but I have work tomorrow.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Well, just make sure you play nice. She’s a bit too important for you to and drop.” 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He was used to this type of behavior from Baekhyun and used to being around these type of people. So rolling his eyes, he shook off the male's words as he looked at the girl once more. She was alluring and absolutely beautiful, however, he couldn’t afford the distraction. Her presence in the room alone just oozed distraction. So smiling, he turned around and enjoyed the party in his honor at the club.

As the night escalated further into the night, Chanyeol could feel the alcohol surging through his veins. The music making his head spin as he laughed at some stupid joke Jongin had made as he left the club. Chanyeol was thankful that everyone had decided to end early at one in the morning. However, it was Monday tomorrow and they were no longer children.

Therefore, as he turned around, his smile quickly deflated as he saw his best friend taking shots with the woman before. Her rolling giggles through the amber colored liquid. He sighed as he looked at his friend who had drunkenly thrown his arm over the oh so important woman. He watched as his friend sipped on his Blue Moon as he pointed at him.

“Please take very good care of him, Ms. Kim Jiyoo.” He smiled as the women rested her chin on her hand as she leaned on the table, “I’ll take care of Pointy Ears.” She replied, already forgetting who they were there to celebrate. Dark liquor always did this to her. It was a poison that she loved and hated that she loved. So as she giggled and started at the pointy eared giant, she looked back at Baekhyun who laughed.

“Yeol.” Baekhyun whined softly over his drunken laughs. “I’m going to catch a cab, however, I don’t trust little missy’s drivers or a cab driver to bring her home right now.” He said pointing to the girl who was drooping over on his shoulder. “Oppa, I can take care of myself.” She tried to defend full of slurs as Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pushed her head softly as she whined about the oncoming headache. 

Chanyeol stared at the two as he could feel himself sobbing up looking at their trainwreck. Clearing his throat, he pushed back his tousled hair and walked up to the pair. “Fine.” Chanyeol agreed as he began to help the girl up. First he tried to throw her arm over his shoulders, but at that point, it would be easier to just pick her up completely because of their height differences. Therefore, he wrapped her arm around his waist as he helped her up and looked at their friend.

“Are you going to be okay, Baek?” He asked as the male waved him away. Shaking his head, he cursed himself as he began to bring the girl away as she held onto him. The smell of Hennesy and Jameson swirling in his nostrils until they made it out of the club. Chanyeol had never been happier to smell the smell of smog and cigarettes as he hailed a cab and pushed the girl in the back seat.

Scooting in besides her, he looked up to the cab driver who turned around at them waiting for a destination. Looking down at the passed out girl in the back of the cab, Chanyeol knew his situation wasn’t ideal and he couldn’t just bring her back to his place. So as he shook her softly to wake her up, the girl groaned. “Ms. Kim Jiyoo!” He called out as she rolled her eyes and looked up at him.

“What do you want, Pointy Ears?” She complained as she pushed herself off of him and looked around, “You’re not trying to ing kidnap me, right?” She said as she looked at him with her hooded and drunken eyes. Her red cheeks radiating under the night lights as he stared back at her shocked. “Ms. Kim Jiyoo! I’m trying to make sure you get home without getting kidnapped!” He said trying to keep up his honorifics without losing his temper.

The girl laughed and waved him off, “Whatever. Do that then.” She said as she began to fall back asleep. Chanyeol couldn’t believe the nerve of her as he began to shake her again but this time a bit harder. Gritting her teeth, she pushed him off again, “What?” She asked with a raised voice as he looked at her.

“Tell him where to go!”

Chanyeol yelled at her as he pointed to the cab driver who had turned around to the two quarrelling in the backseat of his cab. Jiyoo nodded in understanding as she decided not to acknowledge Chanyeol’s outburst. Telling the cab driver her address before drifting back to sleep.

Chanyeol sat their silently in the back of the cab with his arms crossed as he looked down at the girl who had fallen onto his shoulders and rolled his eyes. Baekhyun definitely was going to pay him back for this.

 

 

As the cab stopped, Chanyeol paid the driver and dragged the girl out of the car. Looking up at the big high rise, it was at least three times the size of Chanyeol’s place. He was in awe as he stared at it before feeling the girl jolt in his arms. Looking down at her, he picked her up more. “Come on, Princess.” He said sarcastically as he began to lug her in.

Using her keyfob he managed to get through the front doors before realizing he didn’t know what unit was her’s. So as he looked down at her and up to the concierge who stared at them, he whispered to her. “Ms. Jiyoo!” He whispered loudly enough to make her look up, “It’s just Jiyoo, Pointy Ears.” She complained as he sighed. “Okay, Just Jiyoo. What unit is your’s?” 

She stared at him funnily before smiling, “Oh, you want to spend the night, Pointy Ears?” She said in a jokingly seductive tone before she giggled, the smell of alcohol filling his senses.

“No, I-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter