Chapter 2

Princess and the Pauper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol sat there  in his office reviewing over the emails he had gotten. He had only been in a meeting for about an hour, but during that hour he had received about 20 emails. So as he read and replied to them, he could feel his glasses sliding down his nose bridge. Most days he wore contacts, however today he had been unreasonable tired.

Therefore, as the male pushed up his glasses frame, he could hear the sound of his office door being open. Rolling his eyes internally, he was ready to scold Joy. He had only worked in this office for about three days now and had learn the girl knew nothing about privacy as she asked silly questions and would constantly forget to knock on the door. The only reason why he didn’t erupt on her was because she was good at her job and he appreciated it.

So looking up from his computer, he was ready to tell her off, however, the face of the lucifer itself stood in front of him. “Jiyoo.” He said softly as he looked at her while she smiled and placed a smoothie on his desk. “Actually, it’s ‘Princess’ if you haven’t forgotten.” She smiled as she sat down on the chair across from his at his desk.

She radiated some type of aura that was indescribable to him. It was something between alluring but also suffocating. Therefore, as he looked at her, he couldn’t help but put his guards up as the female’s coy smile reflected back in his glasses to her gaze.

Alt tabbing his email, he looked behind her to see the door and blinds shut as he sighed. Looking back up at her, he could see today she was wearing a red suit to match her red lips and curly black hair. She looked like if the practical parts of a Vogue magazine threw up on her.

“I got you my favorite because I don’t know what you like. It’s an avocado smoothie with banana and kale.” She said as she took a sip from his own smoothie. Leaning back in his chair, he crossed his arms and stared at her. “What’s the catch?” He asked as she blinked at him innocently. Scuffing to himself he rolled his eyes, “Princess.”

She smiled at him and shrugged, “Don’t know what you mean, Pointy Ears.” And took out two salads from a paper back and slid one to him, “I just wanted to chat with you over some lunch and see how you’re adjusting to Kim Corp. You know we’re a very competitive company.” She said to him as if she hadn’t invaded his personal space. Folding his hands together on the desk in front of him, Chanyeol leaned towards her and squinted his eyes, “I’m sorry, Princess, but I don’t believe you.”

He watched as the corners of her lips curled right before she let out a low purring mew of a laugh. Travelling up her face, his eyes landed on deep gray orbs as the glisten of them shown through her hooded lids.

“Pointy Ears, I just really enjoy your company.” She began as he sat there silently. “Here in your office, I can talk freely and act freely. We’re friends, aren’t we?” He thought about it for a second as he rubbed his thumb on the palm of his hand. “I think friends should be a mutual agreement.” Chanyeol couldn’t put a finger on it, but something about this girl was different. She was unusually cunning for how innocent and fragile she looked.

She embodies an ethereal flower but her words were challenging. “So what then?” She asked calmed and she opened up her salad and mixed around the contents. “You kick me out of your office? Tell everyone you think I’m crazy or something? Then get sued and fired for slander?”  She asked as she stared at him.

The male sat their defeated. She was right. What was he to do? He was trapped within a situation more than him. As a result of this, the male nodded and opened up his own salad and looked at the girl in front of him.

“Alright then, Princess. I’ll pay for lunch next time.” He watched as a bright smile appeared on her face, something he had not seen before. “Alright, Pointy Ears.” She beamed as he smiled softly and rolled his eyes. If he was going to be held captive by an evil mastermind, he might as well enjoy it.

 

 

It was now the end of the day as the male sighed heavily and threw his briefcase into his trunk. Closing it ever so gently he admired his Mercedes a bit before going into the car. Leaning back in his seat, he closed his eyes for a brief second. Today was filled with meetings, emails, phone calls, and a lunch with no other than she. However, as he tried to relax, his break was short lived as he felt a buzzing in his pocket.

Groaning, he pulled it out and pushed the phone to his ear. “Hello?” He said tiredly before a yawn escaped his lips. “Channie?” His mom called out for him as his eyes opened up and he fixed his posture, “Hey, mom.” Chanyeol loved his mom, however he knew that every time she called it was something. Therefore, it was better to be awake than shocked. “Hello.” The greeting quick as she jumped straight into the motive for calling. “I set up a blind date for you with my friend’s niece. She’s a nurse and she’s very pretty.” 

Chanyeol sighed at the idea of a blind date and looked down at his watch. “When mom? I need to know to clear my schedule.” He could feel another yawn coming on, however, his mom continued to talk, “Actually, it’s tonight. She’s working long shifts for the next few days and I thought better it be sooner than never, right?” She spoke quickly trying to hide her small tinge of guilt. She knew her son was tired, but she just wanted the big kid to get married already.

Chanyeol sat their silently cursing his mom’s ambitious actions to force him into a relationship, but he let his frustration die down as he concluded that his ambition had to come from somewhere. Therefore, with a tiredly eager voice, he told her, “Alright, where is it?”

 

 

And like he suspected it was at a cafe. His mother believed that cafes were romantic because every drama had a cafe scene where the main couple sat there and joked around together over a nice hot drink. However, Chanyeol had other plans. He had the plans of being pleasant, maybe checking out if the girl was worth his time and if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter