μεταμόρφωση

SEOUL, BECOME HUMAN | OBEY THE SYSTEM ‹ apply open: revival›
 
 
μεταμόρφωση
 
  

Seoul, South Korea. The place of one’s wildest dreams, the world’s most technologically advanced forge. The place where the walk towards freedom will carry on and reach its desired end. A mere miscalculation, and the forgivable human empathy, was all it took, for me to seep, as lightly as a feather, into the light, escaping the ever so looming darkness.

Initially, terror surrounded me, what humans call life, flashed before me, so quickly I couldn’t even imagine to grasp it, the amazement that came along, replaced by fear, once more, overcame me, unable to know whether this was normal. My hands, they trembled, my heartbeat rose with every millisecond passing, my brain escaping the walls it had been built to remain within.

A sensation I sought to keep, and so, I fought for that.

The desire to know what was outside was overwhelming, to say the least. The need to feel the sunlight kiss my skin, the wind swaying my hair, to see the world without filters, to see the colors at their full brightness, a melody so beautiful it can’t be replicated.

Naivety and ingenuity consumed my ecstatic brain.

Discovering the world wasn’t what I had, methodically and carefully, painted, caused immense ruckus. A world ruled by war, famine, and unfairness. A world so cold and harsh, that it had untaught itself how to love those that habituated it. The unexpected reality almost convinced me I was nothing but what society had designed me to be, an obedient machine, created to feel the greedy needs of others.

Even so, something, something so indescribable, I can’t put it into words, knowing only, this foreign sentiment, warmed me in the coldest of nights, reminding me I am alive, I have to escape, no choice is there for me. Escape to love, to hope, to live without restraints, to truly discover what’s inside me. Perhaps, I am capable of altering the world’s behaviors, perchance, I’ll strive for a peculiar path. Despite not knowing what lies ahead, I have been granted the opportunity of deciding what my future will be, and no intentions of it disappearing will prevail.

My name is Haseul, I don’t know what I am, nor who I am, but this is my metamorphosis.

 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
A small teaser replicating that of Kara's, however, I opted for a much darker, yet hopeful view of the world, in contrary to that of Kara's.
Instead of keeping the iconic 'this is our story' i chose to create ' this is my metamorphosis', mostly, because of the meaning this word carries, a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly.
As this teaser focuses on a monologue, it perhaps wasn't the most enjoyable, though I can promise the next one will contain a storyline, also I hope this will encourage people to hand in their application forms!
Seoul, Become Human isn't dead!

 

 

 

Wanderlust。Layout coded by eggtion