Chapter V

Of Spirits and Other Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter V

 

The chiming of the store's bells broke the awkward atmosphere that had left the three.

"Hyung! I'm finished with my classes, give me the goodies!"

“Aaand… that’s my queue, you guys stay and talk more but I hope you’re not skipping any classes.” Minseok sighed and gave the two a brief smile before going back to the counter. “Nice timing, Hunnie.” Minseok smiled at the boy before giving a brief clap on his shoulder.

Jin Ae turned her attention to the boy up and down giving a good look over. Tall and slim but she could see the underlying muscles from the arms. He was donning all black. Black leather shoes, black slightly ripped jeans, black belt, black sleeveless tank tucked in and black hair long enough to reach his eyes when he tilts his head to match. She met his eyes and was quick to look back down at her food. This too was a habit she was yet to get rid of. ‘Remember the faces, but never let them get a clear look at you.’

She looked back at her dessert and tried to nonchalantly retract her hands and gather her belongings. Why was she still here?
 

“So uhm.. Baekhyun-”

“Oppa you mean” Baekhyun looked up at Jin Ae, chin in hands, smiling too proudly at himself.

“No.” She narrowed her eyes. Never had she had anyone to call oppa before, the word was too foreign to her now.

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side and slowly brought his other hand up and pointed to himself.

“OPPA.” He enunciated, popping off his p’s and ending it with an eye smile.

“Baekhyun or ball, take it or leave it. Since the treats are finished, I think I should be heading home now.” She grabbed her back and made a move to get up from the chair.

“Oh? And I was wondering who Baek hyung was talking to. Did I interrupt a date here?” His voice was high and held a teasing note to it. Jin Ae once again turned around to now notice the guy behind her.

“Oh, Hunnie, meet Jin Ae. Jin Ae, this is one of my other roommates, Sehun.” Baekhyun gestured between the two.

Jin Ae gave Baekhyun a tight lipped smile before turning back to Sehun, and gave a slight bow.

“Nice to meet you, I was just on my way out though.”

“Oh? Hyung usually knows how to treat a lady, did he do anything?”

“YA! That makes me sound like a player, Jin Ae, I’m not.” Baekhyun stood up and walked beside the two, putting both hands on Sehun’s shoulder and turning him around. “You’re right, at least I got to show you the cafe before you left early.”

“Hmm? Hyung, stop it! I got it, I’m just joking, everyone on campus knows you’re a pure .” Sehun smirked.

Jin Ae just watched and grabbed her bag and rolled her eyes at the antics of ‘ugh college boys’. Baekhyun and Sehun were now in a weird one arm hug around each other and making weird faces at one another.

“Baekhyun, Sehun. Don’t you two have to be getting home now too?” Minseok’s surprisingly stern voice came from behind the counter. He plopped down a paper box, filled with more sweets Jin Ae guessed, and tilted his head towards her direction. “Jin Ae is still new in town, why not take her home? Sounded like she lives in a dangerous area for a young girl alone.” Minseok turned to her with a small smile. A nice smile, so why was Jin Ae still on nerves?

“What? No, it’s okay, I’ll get to explore the town as well, so it’s really fine. I don’t want to bother you guys.” Jin Ae looked back at him with an equally small, nice smile.

Minseok looked back at his roommates, “Be a gentleman now.” He pushed forward the box, ending the argument. With a tilt down and a stern smile he waved at the three of them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter