Progression

Lost and Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey Jimin, pass me the salt would you?"

Jimin reached for the salt to his right and extended it to Jin, who was making dinner. Jimin, meanwhile, engrossed himself in his research on leopard hybrids.

He was certain Soah was a leopard, her markings made that obvious enough. But he wanted to find out what specific kind she was. He doubted she was a third or second-generation hybrid, a hybrid born of hybrids. No, he was sure she'd been created in a lab. Her healing abilities were far too extraordinary to be anything but the product of the latest research and experimentation.

While all hybrids were naturally resilient due to their animalistic DNA, he'd never heard of self-healing to such an extent. It didn't make sense to Jimin, for if such an experiment had been successful, surely there would have been news of it as well as more hybrids with the same quality.

By the time Jin was calling everyone to dinner, he was no closer to his goal. Leopard hybrids, in general, were rare due to their feral nature. They were very costly, especially the Snow Leopard, and belonged only to those wealthy enough and with the patience to keep them.

Like all wild cat species, they could never be counted upon to be fully tame. They were known to be peaceful for years only to lash out and attack their masters with no provocation. It took a unique taste to pay the exorbitant fees for such a creature.

Mildly concerned with the safety of his pseudo-family while the hybrid was living amongst them, he nevertheless put the matter from his mind for the time being and set aside his laptop. 

Jungkook plopped into the seat next to him, appearing eager for the bulgogi and pork mandu Jin had prepared. The guest of honor, however, was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Soah?" Jungkook asked absentmindedly, eyes for the food only.

Jin motioned to Taehyung, who had yet to take a seat. "Go get Soah, please. Jungkook looks about ready to drool all over the food."

"Hyung!" Jungkook whined.

"Sure." Taehyung snickered and ruffled Kook's hair fondly as he left.

He wandered out of the dining room, which was reserved for meals when they all ate together, and past the spacious living room towards the east wing of the house. Directly ahead was the hallway which led to the stairs, the main floor bathroom, and the first of two bay windows that lay against the eastern wall. He passed these and turned to the right to the guest room door, or Soah's room now, and knocked gently so as not to startle her.

"Soah?" He called. "It's time for dinner."

No answer.  

"Soah?" He called again. 

Worried at the lack of response, he knocked again.

"May I come in?"

When no one answered back, he began to worry that something had happened, or that she had taken the opportunity alone to run away. Concerned, he twisted the doorknob beneath his hand and entered. Peeking his head around the door, he scanned the room. 

"Oh," He breathed, a soft look passing over his expression.

The room was perfectly still, empty to any passing glance, but if one took a second look they would see a perfectly made nest of blankets to the side of the bed. In said nest lay Soah, nearly hidden by the comforter, who was curled around a smaller bundle. A twinkle lit Tae's eyes as he made his way closer, peering down to see Hwansook, the Choi's youngest child. How he managed to find his way into the house, specifically into Soah's arms he hadn't the slightest idea. All he knew was it was by far the most adorable thing he'd ever witnessed. 

Hwansook was facing Soah, head buried in her chest as he clung to her shirt. He would twitch every now and then, whining in his sleep, and Soah's tail would sweep up and lay against him while making a soft warbling purr to quiet him. Trying his best not to squeal in delight, Taehyung pulled out his phone and opened his camera, focusing the screen for the best shot.

Katcha!

Whoops.

Silently cursing himself for forgetting to turn off the shutter sound, Taehyung paled as Soah's head shot up, her body curling protectively over the boy as she bared her teeth with a snarl at the sudden noise. 

"Calm down, calm down!" He yelped to himself as much as to her. "Dinner! It's time for dinner!"

The fog left Soah's eyes and she relaxed, almost ignoring Taehyung as she fell back on the floor and stretched languidly, disturbing the sleeping boy still clinging to her. He blinked in confusion as he lifted his head, soft black hair jetting up in all directions. After staring at Tae for a few moments, a glimmer of recognition finally lit his eyes and an excited smile spread across his face.

"Taehyung Hyung!"

Having calmed down himself, Taehyung returned the fond grin.

"Hey, Hwansook. Have a nice nap?"

"Uh-huh. I guess I fell asleep playing with Noona."

Hwansook's eyes widened fearfully. "Oh no! Where's Percy?"

"Percy?" Taehyung wondered.

"Over there." Soah's sleepy voice supplied.

Taehyung watched Hwansook dash towards the desk, a small plastic container sitting on one end. 

"Thank goodness," Hwansook sighed dramatically. "I thought something happened to him. Thank you, Noona."

"Sure, Kid."

"Hwansook-ah," Taehyung called, "Do your parents know you're here?"

He tried not to laugh at the sudden panic that flooded the younger's face, smirking as he went to the contacts in his phone.

"How about I ask them if you can stay for dinner?"

"Really, Hyung?"

"I don't see why not. Dinner's ready and you're already here. Might as well stay."

"That would be awesome, Hyung! I want to stay with Hyungs and Noona."

A short phone call later with a very relieved Mrs. Choi and they were making their way to the dining room, Hwansook holding one of each of their hands. 

"Ah, Taehyung, I was just about to the send the National Guard after you. Didn't think you could get lost just crossing the house." Jin joked as they came into view.

His eyes lighted on Hwansook. 

"Sook-ah?" Bewilderment flooded his face. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Hyung! I was playi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter