A New Beginning

Lost and Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Namjoon, just what the heck happened!" Jimin yelled in his direction and Namjoon winced.

Jimin rarely ever got angry like this, always the sweet, gentle, playful kind of guy. The rest of the guys did their very best to keep it that way because when Jimin did get angry there was no escaping his terrifying wrath.

He wanted to back away from the smaller man, but his curiosity and guilt pressed him close to the hybrid's side.

"Quiet Jimin," he whispered. "Don't wake her up."

The hybrid was laying on the couch where the two had placed her, unconscious and helpless. It broke his heart to see her like that, so clearly abused and worn. The bold colors of her ears and tail belied the dignity and fierce pride that should belong to her kind, but instead, she was left to die alone amongst the filth of an alley. The injustice of it tightened his chest and fists. It was why he did what he did.

"Get me some rags and fill a bucket of water." Jimin's brusque voice drew him from his thoughts and he rushed to do as told. 

Slowly but surely, Jimin was able to patch the girl up with Namjoon's assistance. Never had Namjoon been so glad for Jimin's profession as a hybrid doctor. She would have doubtless died without his immediate care.

"I can't believe this," Jimin muttered disgustedly, pinching the girl's sweatshirt between his thumb and forefinger. "puking on such a majestic creature. You're lucky I don't murder you where you stand." he finished with a truly frightening glare.

Namjoon gulped, "I-I'll just, um, get her a, um, new shirt. And stuff." and rushed to his bedroom.

Of course, it was Jimin that got her into the shirt, not trusting Namjoon not break anything while trying. She positively swam in the overlarge shirt, the sweatpants he'd brought an obvious no. The shirt was long enough to serve as a dress though, so it wasn't a problem. 

The old clothes went straight into the dumpster, not fit for rags in their current state. After Namjoon got in a quick shower and was sipping on hot soup for his headache, the two of them grabbed seats near her couch and kept an eye on her as she slept.

"Will she be okay?" He whispered anxiously to the younger.

Jimin leaned over to re-adjust the blanket covering her. "Should be. She's very weak. Took a bad hit to her head, and a lot of other scrapes as well. She's malnourished and may have internal injuries I can't see. But she'll make it through the night, and I'll wager she'll get stronger quickly. She's meant to be resilient after all."

The awe that infused his voice at that last part caught Namjoon's attention. He examined the hybrid more closely in hopes of learning what Jimin was referring to. She was female, obviously, and was some kind of cat. She had a face that was neither soft nor angular but somewhere in between. Her thick but delicately arched brows framed upturned eyes set with sweeping lashes. Her hair was black, and he remembered it being quite long. It lay across her brow thickly, and appeared so soft he had to force himself not to touch. Her ears lay relaxed against her head, occasionally twitching at some sound too slight for human ears. Their color was a mix of the most beautiful gold and burnt orange he'd ever seen, with sizable black patches here and there. He couldn't see her tail but assumed it was the same. 

Even with the bruises, sunken cheeks, and helpless appearance, he had to agree with Jimin. She was truly a majestic creature, and among one of the most visually stunning hybrids he'd ever seen.

"Oh yeah," he startled himself from his thoughts, "where are the others?"

Now that he thought about it, it was highly unusual for nobody to be home at three in the morning.

Jimin sighed and fell back into his chair.

"That's why we were looking for you. Yoongi hyung was in a car accident and had to be taken to the hospital."

He quickly waved his hand when he saw Namjoon about to freak out. 

"He's fine, Hyung, just a little rattled. Other driver was drunk, ran a red light. Jin hyung just texted me a bit ago, the doctor said all he has is a slight fracture in his ribs. It'll heal in no time."

Namjoon wilted back in relief, the panic at learning of Yoongi's accident gradually leaving him.

"Thank God. Are the other's staying at the hospital tonight?"

"No. They should be here any minute now."

As if on cue, the jangling of keys in the doorway caught their attention.

"Get them to bed," Jimin directed, gesturing to the hybrid, "we can explain in the morning."

He nodded, his own eyes threatening to fall closed in sleep. They could figure out what to do with the pretty hybrid tomorrow.

Ω

Jungkook yawned widely as he trudged into the kitchen. It was almost noon but honestly, he could go for another 4 or 5 more hours of sleep. At least Yoongi hyung would be okay. Their normally sedate friend had suddenly decided on some late-night exercise and was hit while jogging around the neighborhood. Never again would he tease his hyung about his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter