Breakthrough

Lost and Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon sifted through the paperwork on his desk, arranging then placing them carefully to the side of his laptop. He'd been looking through them for hours now, researching and compiling arguments for the few cases he personally handled at his law firm. By now, the firm had acquired several highly-trained attorneys plus their assistants, and he no longer had to concern himself with the long hours and sleepless nights of his younger days. While they had a hand in several different kinds of law, his specialty was the defense of the civil rights of hybrids. The firm was located on the border of Gangnam and Hannam Dong, a prime location for the kind of clientele that would own a hybrid. Hybrids, after all, were a staple of the rich and famous. 

Thus it was, that Namjoon had hybrids on the brain. He turned to his laptop screen, opening a new tab and beginning to search the local news for any mention of a runaway hybrid. He wasn't sure how long his rescue had been on her own, so extended his search to the last few months. He didn't expect her to have been alone longer than that, as she'd have been caught or kidnapped before too long. He suspected her to be a leopard of some kind. She was too strong-boned and fierce for any ordinary house cat or even the more exotic cats like Bengals. No, she was prime predator, and therefore would be extremely pricey and very much missed.

After ten minutes of fruitless searching, he closed the tab with a sigh and lifted his arms in a stretch. He glanced at the time, 3:35. Jungkook would be home soon, and the others not too long after. He frowned, feeling his stomach grumble in a reminder that he hadn't eaten for a while. If he was hungry, he could only imagine how much more so the hybrid was. Lifting himself out of his chair, he exited his office and skipped downstairs to the floor level bathroom. 

"Any luck?" He asked Taehyung, who was sitting on the floor next to the bathroom door with his laptop open on his lap as music played from the speaker. 

"Nope. I was hoping some music would calm her down enough to open up, but she still hasn't made a sound. I've just been working on my speech for the next rally while I wait."

Namjoon nodded with a sigh.

"Well, maybe some food will soften her up. I'll be right back." 

-

Soah's ears perked forward as she unburied her face from her knees. The deep-voiced boy and the drunk dude were talking about her, but she thought she'd heard something about food. Sure enough, it wasn't long before the man's heavy footsteps returned, this time with the heavenly smell of hot pizza accompanying him. 

"Hello?" His voice called through the door.

It was gentle and smooth, like wind whispering through the trees, and she had to force herself not to lean into the sound.

"Are you hungry? I have some food for you if you are."

Her stomach grumbled in reply, but she ignored it. If only the window above her wasn't one of those that couldn't be opened, she'd long since escaped in search of food. She wasn't sure how much longer she could last without sustenance.

"It's alright," the voice continued, "we won't hurt you, promise. We just don't want you to starve in there."

Her ears twitched and her tail whipped the floor in consternation. Well neither did she, Dimwit. If only they'd leave the food by the door and allow her to retrieve it in peace, there'd be no issue.

As if hearing her inner thoughts, the soulful voiced one spoke up.

"Maybe we should just leave it by the door. Let's move to the kitchen so she doesn't feel threatened."

Threatened? By these puny humans? The thought made her smirk. Even in her current condition, they were no match for her. Still, she wanted to be cautious. Her patience won out as the boys shuffled noisily away, taking the rather soothing music with them, though thankfully not the delicious smelling food. After waiting a moment to ensure they weren't coming back, she crawled her way over to the door and unlocked it, poking her nose out first before reaching blindly for the plate outside. Where could it - Ahah! She pulled the plate towards her, opening the door just enough to let it fit through.

Mama Mia, it looked good! She grinned excitedly, tail flipping animatedly behind her as she first locked the door then proceeded to dig in.  

Jungkook dug for his keys as he jogged the last couple steps to the front door of their shared house. It sat in a quiet but wealthy neighborhood on the outskirts of Hannam Dong, only a fifteen-minute walk from his university. It was just large enough to fit the seven of them comfortably, plus extra space for offices, a game room, and his personal favorite, the gym. With all of them being from wealthy families and with a healthy income of their own, the house was a perk they could easily afford, even in the most expensive housing Seoul could offer. 

Finally managing to turn the locks, Jungkook pushed open the door and stepped into the large foyer, slipping his shoes off as he closed the door behind him. Faint voices were coming from the direction of the kitchen, and he entered to find Taehyung hyung and Namjoon hyung chatting over some snacks. 

"Hey, Kookie!" Namjoon greeted with a fond grin. "How was it?"

"Good," he shrugged, "same old same old. How's it going with the hybrid?" He winced, adding, "Figure out her name yet? I hate calling her hybrid all the time."

Taehyung handed him a banana before starting to peel one of his own. 

"No such luck. She's still in the bathroom, though she did grab the plate of pizza Hyung l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter