× ハンター試験志願者

君は × ハンター
to scope out the competition
license
one
lunula midniht
faceclaim: ai enma (jigoku shoujo)
age: fifteen
aura type: manipulation
specialization: lost hunter
approved

hi, friends! sorry this took much longer than it should have to make! as you can tell, this is the review page. scroll to the side to see the other application reviews.

as stated before, as long as there are no mistakes - that is, anything that doesn't make sense in the world or of that like - your character will be accepted.

the chosen main cast will be shown through who survives the madness that is the hunter exams. therefore, the left side of the card will be basic information and status while the right side of the card will be me happily looking at your app (and probably fangirling most of the time).

i'll underline any corrections to be made, if any. please make these changes and / or clarifications directly on the app itself, because i like to have all my character information in one place.

to see the application, click the kana of their name.

license
two
kirebuki
faceclaim: meltlilith (fgo)
age: twenty
aura type: tranation
specialization: fashion & weapon hunter
approved

hey, caelus! thanks so much for being my first app, and thank you for the beauty that is your app because when i opened it, my coding heart literally died. i'll just start the review right away, because i. am. excited. (also, i'm sorry for being a liar because this is not a week later.)

all her basics are awesome. i can't believe this girl is twenty. i can imagine people giving her looks already. also, i love her killer heels. that's literally so amazing. somewhat dangerous, but that's just me because i trip in sneakers so no heels for me.

love her personality. particularly how she has a lot of good traits for being a hunter but not necessarily the most likeable of them. it'd be fun to see. (and she's taking her chaotic neutral status quite seriously i can tell.)

her background has me laughing. adonis is evil. talented but evil. i'm sensing the main influence on her personality right now. (i knew it!) i love this. three dads - dad, pa, ma. (this makes me want to ask if pa and ma are a thing? but at the same time, it's just hilarious and doesn't need clarification at all.) wow. she took killer heels literally. that's beautiful. oh my gosh. "pirouette kick some guy's face to oblivion." that's golden. she's definitely ready to kick at the hunter exam.

i love how prepared she is according to her backpack (and thank you for all that trivia because all of it made a lot of sense to me and made me love her more - and possibly plan a battle where her hair gets cut and the enemy regrets everything), but i am curious as to where she keeps everything. part of it is my bad because i probably should have specified because it should be stuff she carries everywhere (made that change to the cheatsheet now), and i just want to know if she has a separate awesome, designed bag or a lot of secret pockets for all that stuff. (or if she has a bag with all that stuff for hunter stuff but throws it on her hotel bed otherwise, that's fine too but would probably go under trivia instead of backpack.)

once again, i love all of her dads. they're awesome and i love how she loves them but has different relationships with each. (also, the idea of a specialization of dumb luck is absolutely hilarious and great in equal measures.) oh, a nickname for lunula! (doll makes a lot of sense actually.) hopefully they become friends one day. somehow? (how???) peasant crusher. oh my gosh. that's hilarious. fairly antagonistic. i can see her living up to her chaos and playfulness quite well here.

yes. shu. oh my gosh. shoe. ignore me. i'm being dorky. i love how kirebuki is like a female tank. heels and fashion with a full frontal assault to mow down any defenses.

you call this a quick code? i look forward to the day i can see one you code with all of your heart. i think i found all of the hidden scrolls, but let me know if i missed any. (and yes, i will include some awesome kick moments because kirebuki is a queen who don't need no knight.)

your app was lovely, and i can't wait to write about her! (please just make that one change just for my peace of mind!)

license
three
kurosawa chihiro
faceclaim: sakamoto ryouma (fgo)
age: twenty-three
aura type: conjuration
specialization: blacklist hunter
approved

hi, gabby! you literally threw the app at me out of nowhere, and it looks awesome.

please don't hate me, but i'll review it soon!

i'm sorry this took so long!!! i am here now and excited! i'll jump right in!

ok, first off, how come everyone can code the source code i gave into a better app than i could imagine? literally should have just commissioned someone, like this is beautiful.

so, just at the alias and nickname? firstly, i sense irony that his name has kuro (black), and his alias is mr. white. i don't know why i'm so amused, but i am? and the bully / peasant crusher? oh my gosh. he's going to trick people to quitting, isn't he? that's awesome! the other basics look fine.

i'm assuming the tidbit is from his first ever hunter exam? ooo. i'm sensing some sadism. onto the personality! i'm getting a feeling of wolf in sheep's clothing, which. oh. yup. sadism. that last section is very much sadism. mom? well, i suppose i'll read about that in a bit. wait. was he abused too? and then became an abuser himself? let me read further before i ask more questions.

ok, second box. i actually don't know what it says, but judging by the contents, more personality things? or trivia? oh, i see backpack. must be trivia. thank you for all the habits. very useful.

next! ooo. background! tis long. perfect. i'm sensing some parallels with lunula again, with this kind of cloaked place where they came from. ok. i am a failure at guessing, because chihiro is a sad child and has circumstances worse than lunula, and i am sad for him. oh no. why is his mom just getting worse. yes. cut off toxic relationships. go live your dreams, sad child. yes. maturity. no excuses for abuse. good. oh ok. huh. hunter exam moment again.

so i just want explicit confirmation before i start writing him: he's sadistic, but not abusive? (because it changes if he needs a redemption arc or not kind of thing.) and though he understands how his mother (possibly felt), does he at all forgive her?

moving onto relationships. oh, hey. there's lunula. i appreciate that he looks at her and goes nope. i don't know why since i basically wrote her that way, but i think it's funny. and kirebuki! oh my gosh. he dissed the shoes. kirebuki not going to like that. she figured him out, and he called her out on those shoes. oh my gosh. that's great.

oh, conjuration! wow, he has a wide variety of possible attacks. i appreciate him trying to cover all avenues of attack. so, i know he's conjuration, but as shown with kurapika, conjuration is easiest and sturdiest with things the user knows. thus, i think i'm going to limit him to just chains at least to start and then have him learn a bunch of weapons that he will slowly learn to conjure in a fight. also question about his bombs and fighting style: about how strong are the two bombs? like is cherry bomb mostly smoke and noise unless on the combatant's body? and i'm hoping the nuclear bomb isn't actually nuclear-like. also, i'm getting the vibe that he's more of a close combat fighter with bases covered in case of long-range enemies? please correct me if i'm wrong. (well, i mean, criminals can still get hunter licenses so.) oh, a mention of his mother. so he does keep an eye on her, ok.

that's everything. wow. this app was awesome (and you deserve to be proud because it's beautiful!). thank you for the application, and i look forward to writing more about him! please just answer my questions, and the app will be fully approved!

license
four
hikari
faceclaim: yona (akatsuki no yona)
age: fifteen
aura type: tranation
specialization: blacklist hunter
approved

hey, carol! i know you've been working on this app for a while, and i'm excited to get to see what you've come up with! i'll get to it after the holidays (because new year's is big with my family, i hope you don't mind) but i look forward to it!

(for anyone who is working on their app and happens to see this, i'm thinking about making the deadline around this upcoming valentine's day, and if anyone has opinions on that, i'd love to hear it!)

thank you for your patience! and we'll jump right in!

interesting quick summary in the beginning, the way you chose to use it moreso to intro the app than your actual character. her basics look good, so no worries there. intense song choice by the way.

her personality seems to not have any errors, although you'll have to correct me if i make any mistakes on how she's portrayed. how do i put it...she seems like a seemingly straightforward girl who has fire burning in her veins.

i appreciate that you made your own clan though the greek olympian touch was unexpected. one thing i'm not sure about is: hunters can only be chosen through the exam. in the background, with the village exam, is it ok if i take it to mean, they are told to take the hunter exam or not? the way it's written now, it makes it sound like everyone can choose to magically become a hunter, which doesn't align with what's canon.

i'd also like some clarification on what you've described: the clan itself is of chosen people from within the village? i think, based on definitions and my understanding of the clan thus far, the term you are looking for (for the olympians) is more a kind of special group within the larger athlanta village (aka the whole clan). something like a council or some kind of board? i think club or guild may also work more than clan.

ok, now that the technical stuff is out of the way, i really like her background? i like how her parents were part of the olympians, which just gives her this kind of legacy kind of vibe that i feel like she can slowly live up to through the course of the story.

no. evil people. i am sad for kari and her brother. that's not cool. can you clarify why people hated the athlanta village more? you mentioned the work that the olympians did, so was there common kinds of jobs olympians took that people did not like, which led to hatred of the village? i appreciate how you talk about how this incident affected the village and how people reacted though. it's sad yet very possible for people to ignore their missing neighbors after a tragedy as they focus more on themselves or pretend nothing is wrong out of a sort of desperation. i can definitely see myself writing the villagers going in either direction.

hayato totally just pulled an itachi, but for real. i am not going to lie, i'm a bit confused? hayato left her alive, but she had to escape even though he wasn't going to kill her? and her village leader told her to leave? to train? to defeat her brother? why are the other olympians not taking care of it? (i mean, they're technically his skill-peers so-)

oh, shoot. gotoh is pulling off some old wise sage move right now. what is he talking about. bro. what are you doing. kari's life is literally a movie right now. wait, so hayato killed (almost) everyone?! (minus gotoh and possible survivors?) hayato has red hair too? i see his gif in the relationship box so i was surprised.

i peeked at the trivia, and she and hayato are adopted?! is this what gotoh meant in his mysterious stuff? so putting together what i can gleam from the background and the trivia, athlanta village is home to a certain clan (can i please have a clan name / surname?) that specializes in skills involving fighting that train them up in preparation to be hunters. within this clan, in particular, there is a special group of chosen people known as olympians, which both of kari's parents were part of as well as her brother and, later, herself.

this background was a wild rollercoaster ride, and despite my many questions, i'm super excited for it. you practically wrote a drama.

moving onto relationships! my questions have been answered through yato (also, nice pick on his faceclaim). so they're adopted, kari was totally in line to be next leader, and he's throwing a loki-sized tantrum about being adopted. all is well - or answered i guess. wait: does yato want to kill kari too? since he wants to kill everyone in the village and all. or is he expecting kari to hear the truth and join him later on? kari, as far as i can tell, does not know all of these truths that yato does, so i can picture him telling her everything he'd heard and expecting her to flip out too. oh. hair dye. my other question has been answered. instead of asking all my questions, i should have read your entire app first and then reviewed it. oops.

i didn't say anything, becaue i was hoping you'd cover for it, but gotoh is a loyal butler to the zoldyck family who served them since at least killua's birth and is canonically born in meteor city. your app, in this case, directly contradicts canon, which is not allowed. as a suggestion, you could replace gotoh with a made-up person (either an entirely different name and face or a coincidentally same name but different face) or somehow rework your background to incorporate this. i will say right now that kari will be pending until this specifically is changed, as this is much bigger than my previous questions and clarifications.

moving on with the application, thank you for including lunula in your relationships. i think they'll be a fine duo of friends, namely in people being like, "how are they friends?" which will be hilarious.

oh my gosh. kari, what a way to get to know kurapika. and kurapika, what a way to make a new friend. i can see these two together, especially as kari just naturally draws kurapika into something happier by being herself. it's cute.

i love all of her relationships, and i'm still sorry about not catching the gotoh thing, especially since it was so big.

moving onto her nen stuff, everything checks out. i do have to say i can't picture her using her charm / beauty in a seductive manner. i more imagine her as doing air-headed things on purpose to make her opponents lower their guard.

finally onto the last section. thank you for the many scene suggestions, because i need those. (i have two years of stuff to write!) based on one of them, are you suggesting i make kari go to the dark side?! (if she does, i'm definitely writing a redemption arc where lunula and her other friends and kurapika show her she's being stupid and draw her back into the figurative light.)

no worries about taking your time. despite my many questions, i really did enjoy your app. i just want to know more about it, because it was entertaining. (and again sorry about gotoh, but i want to stick to canon as much as possible so.) thank you for the app, and i hope to see kari accepted soon. best of luck writing!

kari is completely accepted now. thanks so much for the app! can't wait to write about her!

license
fc (w160 or h120)
???
???
faceclaim: ???
aura type: ???
specialization: ???
love interest: ???
status

???