× ハンター試験登録

君は × ハンター
to register for the hunter exam

× PLOT OVERVIEW

basically, the story begins two years before the canon story takes place. this story will start from the boat ride through the hunter exams and cover the two years from before canon before meeting up with canon. as the story progresses, it will influence and interact with canon, but it shouldn't change the general events of the story. for example, the story cast and canon cast might team up in greed island, but the same person still wins and gets their prizes.

as of now, every piece of information given up to the chairman election arc will also be true here. thus, information given in this story may not match newer hunter x hunter info as the manga / anime continues.

× BASICS

names can be anything (i mean i'm pretty sure kurapika is not a name usually found in japanese) as long as it's pronounceable. yes, you can come from a clan you make up.

aliases can be their real name, surname, fake name, a nickname, but it's essentially the name they go by most. it'll be the name i use most of the time when writing the story.

ages will be fourteen or older. i want to keep the fact that gon and killua are rare geniuses. thus, they will be awesome like that. (also, it makes more sense given we'll have one or two more years on them for training so that we can match up.) note that characters will be at least sixteen when meeting gon and co.

place of origin can be an existing city or something you make up. please specify the country (you can make this up too) and which of the six continents it is on (and if unnamed, you can specify by location like "northeast continent").

faceclaims should be from anime. the only other thing i request is that they have plenty of pictures on pinterest and / or tumblr as that is where i get my pictures from. (pictures! not just gifs!) due to the fact that biscuit looks nothing like her age, i am ok with ages and faceclaims not matching — although it is highly preferred that they do match — as long as it's acknowledged. that is, if a character is sixteen but looks twelve, everyone is like "?!" when they find out. (also, you don't need a backup but if you want one, you can put it.)

× PERSONALITY & BACKGROUND

for personality, please make sure i have enough to write your character. i will accept cliches / tropes but only if it has enough information.

at the beginning of background, please include at least one short paragraph about your place of origin - city and country, especially if it is made up, if it is a real place in the manga / anime / wikia but there is not much info about it, make stuff up.

if you have made up a clan, please let me know what's special about the clan whether it's specific training, a secret martial arts, unique biological traits like the kurta clan, and / or anything else.

you can be tangentially connected to characters, but you cannot be directly connected to characters, especially if it is confirmed not to exist. a tangential connection is to have a connection not directly tied to the cast that might lead you to meet the canon cast but has no influence on any main, sub, etc character (yet). a direct connection is a connection in which you will clearly interact with the canon cast or influence any character even if a sub-character. that is, no new zoldyck siblings or secretly alive kurta clan member, but possible zoldyck butler / maid who killua has only seen twice or maybe a clan of someone who lived in the same forest as the kurta clan.

please also make sure it makes sense for the character to be taking the hunter exams. if your parents are super overprotective and rich while you're not that athletic, i doubt you'll be able to sneak out of your super secured mansion and take the hunter exams.

× TRIVIA / BACKPACK & RELATIONSHIPS

in the trivia, please include at least a few habits. if you don't, they stand and do nothing a lot of the times.

the backpack is literally stuff they carry around with them absolutely everywhere whether that be weaponry or cigarettes in their back pocket. please specify where they carry it whether in a pocket or separate backpack that is part of their outfit.

for relationships, only include the ones that are very important to your character and will appear in the story. if you call your mom every week but nothing else, you don't need to include her, but if your uncle is a hunter who likes to pop in and give you gifts, you might include him.

if you want a love interest, please include him / her / them in the relationships section with an explicit sign that this is the love interest. you can include the usual love interest sections (first meeting, developments, current interactions / status) if you want. yes, my character and older cousin are open to a relationship, and i will accept both hetero and homoual relationships.

× NEN

note that unless you already knew nen prior to taking the exams, this will be stuff you will learn in the future (probably within the two years prior to canon).

the favored techniques can include those you use most often and, assumedly, those you are best at of the advanced techniques. (i'll be assuming everyone can do the four major principles since you need those four to do anything else.) if, for some reason, what you use most often and what you are best at are different, please specify which category each technique falls under. you can also include how good they are in each technique. for example, you can include your range of en or duration of ken.

name your nen abilities / hatsu — names for your unique techniques and (maybe) one overarching name for your hatsu as a whole.

your nen abilities / hatsu can be anything as long as it does not clash with existing nen abilities from the canon cast. they can be similar, but not the same. if you do not know if there is a similar hatsu or if your hatsu is too close to an existing hatsu, you can ask. the only other limit to the abilities is that they must suit your character's personality. if you are using other aura types other than your main for this, please specify which it is. (please also keep in mind your learnability for other aura types.)

your hunting style is your battle style, including any weapons you carry / conjure. you can also specify your general role in any kind of tactics whether you prefer head-to-head combat or generally just gather intel. note that all hunters have to be able to fight at least a little, but not everyone is going to be a frontline tank.

for the specialization, if you want a specialization that does not exist yet, feel free to make one (and the official field's title) up as i imagine that there are specializations for literally everything. here are existing specializations.

× MISCELLANEOUS

feel free to change any of the formats or even use an entirely different app as long as all the same info is there.

please give me arc requests. i have two years of stuff to write before we hit canon and have material. so please.

× OOPS

throw your height (in cm) after your faceclaim but before your closet please.

one

× TAKEN

faceclaims:
ai enma (jigoku shoujo)
ichimokuren (jigoku shoujo)

tangential connections:
razor's estranged half-niece

× FAQ

q: number of chosen applicants?
a: no min or max as of yet, but i like characters more often than not.

q: apply more than once?
a: if you have the time, then yes please.

q: faceclaims for now or for two years later in canon?
a: faceclaims will be what you look like now, taking the hunter exams.

q: can love interests be hunter x hunter canon characters?
a: yes, but please keep in mind any s (especially with the canon vs story time gap). for various reasons including my ship of killua and gon, the two are off-limits.

× IDEAS

anime faceclaims:
black clover
yu yu hakusho
akatsuki no yona
magi: labyrinth of magic
demon slayer: kimetsu no yaiba

tangential connections:
ex-zoldyck butler / maid
heavens arena floor master
child of a rich body collector

two