Blissful Reunion

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Min stood beside his bed with many thoughts running through his troubled mind. His phone had been off since he got the news of Brad's death. He was trying to avoid getting a call from elder Kim, and switching his phone off was the best thing he could do.

 

"You're still awake?" Minseok asked. He was also sleep-deprived due to the current situation. 

 

"I'm troubled, I can't sleep knowing that danger is close by. Elder Kim is no fool, he must have found out that Cara is the one behind the death of Brad." Min sighed. "I will pay him a visit tomorrow," Min said sadly, he couldn't think of a better way to solve the issue.

 

"That's insane. Elder Kim won't hesitate to kill you. That's not the right thing to do." Minseok wasn't pleased with his uncle's idea, but Kim shook his head.

 

"That's the only way out. I can't risk Cara's life again and I can't hide forever." He turned around to look at Minseok. "Go to bed, I want to be alone." He smiled calmly and the younger man nodded his head and left the room. He knew one can't talk his uncle out of something he had already made up his mind about.


 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦


 

"Cara we need to talk, please." Baekhyun had been standing by the door ever since they got back from the Park mansion. 

Cara was upset and she shut herself out.

 

"I want to be alone, Baekhyun, please." Her sobs were loud enough for Baekhyun to hear and that broke his heart into a million pieces and he just couldn't take it anymore.

 

"Baby, I'm breaking this door down now." He was serious and Cara knew what Baekhyun is capable of doing.

 

"Hold on, I will open the door." She got up from the floor and opened the door, and Baekhyun was quick to pull her gently into his embrace. 

He heaved a deep sigh as if he had just gotten his life back.

Cara felt warm, she felt safe and secure in his embrace and she cried without restrictions.

 

"Why?" That was all she could mutter more than three times. She was hurting badly, she couldn't understand a thing, and Baekhyun just listened without saying a word.

 

"Why did he hide the truth from me? I'm his daughter, his flesh and blood, yet he kept me in the dark and turned me into Park Rex all for nothing." She pulled away to look Baekhyun in the eyes, "I became a different person from who I used to be because of my father. He treated me unfairly and made me a fool. This is way too much for me to comprehend." She lowered her gaze from Baekhyun, but the nightcrawler pulled her into his embrace and he kissed her hair.

 

"I know you're hurt, but please you have to calm down. From what I know, he was trying to protect you, but that wasn't the right approach. When you're feeling much better, we'll go back to him for a better explanation." Baekhyun led her to the bed and she just lay on it without saying anything.

 

She stared into nothingness for a while, she wasn't crying anymore, but just quiet. Baekhyun said nothing, he sat close to her and observed her.

 

"I still can't believe that my mom is alive." She looked at Baekhyun and the nightcrawler nodded.

 

"Me neither, but it is what it is." 

 

"And she called me young man." Cara had a confused look on and face and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"A beautiful man to be precise." His words made Cara smile and that was all Baekhyun wanted.

She moved closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

"Thanks for being there for me." She smiled.

"Was my appearance as a man beautiful to you?" She asked, her eyes fixed on his eyes and the nightcrawler gently caressed her chin.

 

"Amazingly beautiful. You did mess with my mind and head you know." 

 

"I did?" She chuckled and Baekhyun smiled. 

 

"You won't believe me, but it's the truth." Baekhyun lay on the bed and Cara lay next to him. They both stared out the window, with their eyes fixed on the dark sky.

 

"Elder Kim. Have you any idea about his identity?" Cara suddenly became serious and also worried.

 

"No, not heard of him before. Why ask?"

 

"Nothing, just asking because my dad seems to be scared of him and that's not like him." Cara sighed. "I don't regret killing Brad, not even the slightest. If the so-called Elder Kim wants revenge, then I will also send him straight to hell to join his brother." 

 

"And I will be with you all the way," Baekhyun assured her and that was all Cara wanted to hear.


 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦


 

A week went by in a blink. Min had gone to visit elder Kim, but the man wasn't around, so he decided to call him. At first, Min was scared, but he had already made up his mind to pay for what his daughter had done.

 

He had expected elder Kim to be upset with him, but the tone in which Kim spoke to him came off as a shock. The man was sad about his brother's death, but he didn't make any statement about tracking his brother's killer.

 

Min was still in a state of shock, but he decided to play along so that elder Kim wouldn't suspect a thing. 

That night when Min got home, he called Cara, but as usual, she didn't pick up his calls and he knew that she was still mad at him.

 

___________


 

Meanwhile, Cara had gone back to her mansion and Baekhyun had taken a few days off to work out the release of his dad from prison. 

From time to time, Baekhyun would call Cara to check up on her and make sure she was doing well, but he didn't give a fixed date for his return.

 

The mafia boss was lonely due to Baekhyun's absence, and she decided to face her company head-on. She was always busy with work, late to bed, and earlier to rise. She stayed focused on her work to keep her mind clear of everything.

 

Ignoring her dad's calls had become her favorite thing. She was still upset and she decided to shut him out. Although she was missing her mother so badly, she couldn't visit her mother because she knew her father would never let her tell her mother the truth about everything.

 

A heavy sigh escaped as she walked into her mansion. It was late in the evening and the mafia boss had just gotten back from the office with Sehun and Jin.

 

"Welcome back, boss." Jongin greeted and the tired woman nodded before sitting on the couch.

 

"Did anything happen while I was away?"

 

"Nothing, boss, but your dad called earlier today." 

 

"I see." Cara got up, she was about to head to her room when Nick walked into the room.

 

"Mr. Rex. Long time no see." Nick had a wired smile on his face and Cara knew something was up.

 

"Why are you here?"

 

"To see you of course. Why else would I be here?" Nick smirked and Cara got irritated.

 

"Well, I don't want to see you. You may leave." Cara made herself clear, but Nick shook his head.

 

"Always so irritable." He walked closer to Cara and stood in front of her before reaching a royal blue card to her.

 

"My dad is hosting a party to celebrate his newly established company and he's inviting you." 

 

Cara looked at the card for a while before looking at Nick and she chuckled. Cara had always known that the Lee family hates her and would not miss any opportunity to kill her. Going to the party would mean no good to her, more so, she wasn't in the mood.

 

"Thanks for the invite, but I'll pass." She turned around to leave, but Nick got angry. He hated it was Cara always walked out on him. 

 

"How dare you walk out on me?" He rushed towards her and pulled her by the shoulder, and it provoked Cara.

 

She swiftly turned around, grabbed his hand, and kick his legs and in a few seconds, he was on the floor. 

The mafia boss glared at him, she was seriously angry.

 

"Don't you ever lay your filthy hands on me, else I will chop them off." Cara's tone was deep and filled with anger. 

"I decided to keep calm doesn't mean I'm a fool. You made an attempt to kill me, but Baekhyun got shot in my stead, yet I said nothing. Don't push me, Nick, don't make me waste your pathetic life." She walked away from him and headed to her room.

 

The bodyguards in the living room began to talk amongst themselves while some laughed at him. 

Nick was upset and ashamed. He got up and walked away angrily. To make Nick feel more like a loser, Sehun shut the door after him with a chuckle following.

 

________


 

The night was calm, the stars shining beautifully in the sky and the moon graced the earth with its bright light. Baekhyun drove his bike into the spacious compound and straight to the garage. 

 

He made his way into the living room and headed straight to his lover's bedroom. Staying away from her for close to a week was like hell, and he couldn't wait to have her in his arms.

He used the spare key Cara had given to him to open the door and he made his way into the room.

 

The light was out in the room, but he could still see his lover clearly on the bed, sleeping like a baby, all thanks to the ray of light from the silver moon.

 

"My love." He muttered. A lovely smile graced his face as he admired his sleeping beauty. He gently got on the bed and gently caressed her face, then he leaned down and pressed a tender kiss on her forehead.

 

He laid next to her and gently pulled her to himself. "I'm home, baby." He whispered and Cara smiled in her sleep.

 

She had already perceived Baekhyun's cologne the moment he stepped into her room. She blinked her eyes open and smiled softly when her eyes landed on her boyfriend, and immediately she hugged him.

 

"I missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter