Bitter reality

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they got home, Rex went to her room. She was excited to enjoy the ice cream. She glanced at the clock, there was still enough time before the auction party. She sat on the bed and began to eat her ice cream.

 

She felt like screaming. She enjoyed every bit of it till there was nothing left on the plate. She kinda felt sad, she would have loved to try out more, but she also needed to get ready.

 

She disposed of the bag and headed to the bathroom. It was time for her to get ready for the auction party.


 

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦


 

Baekhyun was also done with his ice cream, but Jongin walked into his room without knocking.

 

"You never knock before entering my room. I'm seriously tired of repeating myself." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the playful bodyguard.

 

"I'm sorry, I always forget to know." 

 

"Of course you do. I'm wondering if you also forget to knock before entering Rex's room too." Baekhyun asked and Jongin's eyes doubled in size.

 

"Hell no! We've never been in his room. He's very secretive about his room and personal things. Every month, he locks himself in his room for five days straight without coming out just like he did recently. He only communicates with us through the phone, and he always sounded very sick and weak." Jongin sat on Baekhyun's bed, he sighed deeply and the rider knew that Jongin had a lot to say.

 

"Has Rex ever disclosed the reason he always locks himself up for five days to any of you?" 

 

"Not at all. As I said, he's very secretive. Rex is a man that's going through a lot, but he endures it all." 

 

The rider wasn't that surprised. The loneliness in the boss's eyes had already explained a lot.

 

"This guy called Nick, why does he have so much hatred for Rex? To my best knowledge, I know they're cousins, so what went wrong?" Baekhyun was curious, he wanted to know what was going on in the mansion, only Jongin was the guy that could tell him all he needed to know.

 

"Nick and his family had always hated Rex because he was the adopted child that Park Min brought into the Park family and made him the heir to all his properties after the tragic death of his wife and daughter, Cara. All that the junior family wants is the downfall of Rex, until that happens, they will stop at nothing to ruin the boss."

 

Baekhyun found the situation interesting. He wanted to know more, Jongin was a good talker, he told Baekhyun everything about how the Lee family came into the picture. He left nothing untold. 

 

After Jongin had narrated everything, Baekhyun was able to understand the whole issue. 

 

"Thanks for explaining everything to me, after all, it seems it's Rex that needs my protection. Go get ready, we have a party to attend." Baekhyun smiled at Jongin before patting him on the back, and the bodyguard smiled. He was about to go but the rider called him back.

 

"What's your position in this mansion?"

 

"I'm next to Sehun, our position is almost the same, the only difference is that he's Rex's, right-hand man."

 

"Thanks for the information." Baekhyun smiled and Jongin exited the room after waving.

 

The rider headed for the bathroom, he got dressed after bathing and headed to the living room. He wanted to be down before Rex, but the boss and other bodyguards were already waiting for him in the living room.

 

Rex couldn't take her eyes away from her bodyguard. He looked so damn hot, so attractive and so handsome. She found herself loving his movement, his smile, and his behavior. Indeed, he was the mysterious nightcrawler.

 

"What the hell took you so long?" Sehun's attacking voice brought her back to reality. She controlled and organized herself immediately.

 

Baekhyun knew that the head bodyguard was still mad at him. He smirked and winked at Sehun before he laid his eyes on the boss.

 

Once again, it was the same baggy outfit, just a different design. The rider was disappointed, but it wasn't his business so he said nothing.

 

"We're all set, boss," Sehun said and Rex nodded.

 

"You, Jongin, Jin, and Suga go with two of the best cars we have, Baekhyun is coming with me." Rex gave an order and everyone nodded, no one dared question her words.

 

Baekhyun led the way, he opened the car for Rex, and when she was well seated, he got into the car. 

Sehun and Jongin were the first to leave the mansion, Baekhyun's car was in the middle, followed by Jin and Suga's car behind. 

 

Rex was quiet. She kept staring at Baekhyun, she wanted to thank him for the ice cream but didn't know how to even start up a conversation.

 

"Is something wrong? You keep staring at me. What's on your mind?" Baekhyun asked while looking at her from the rearview mirror.

 

"There's nothing wrong. Thanks for the ice cream, I enjoyed it."

 

The rider smiled. "I knew you would. I will get you more next week, there are lots more delicious flavors, I'm sure you will like it." 

 

Rex smiled at the thought of more yummy ice creams. "I look forward to it." She looked away from Baekhyun and focused her eyes on the dark street. She was happy to have someone like Baekhyun in her life.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

The host of the auction event, the former Mayor, was already awaiting the arrival of the one and only mafia boss with unspeakable wealth.

 

He stood beside the window in one of the upper rooms in his hotel where the auction party was taking place. He had a dark smirk playing on his lips, he couldn't wait to execute his master plan.

 

"All is set, Sir. Rex and his men are almost here." One of his men, an assassin informed him, and the former Mayor nodded in delight.

 

"Perfect. I can't wait to destroy this young leader. Today is going to be his last. Get our men ready, and tell them to shoot Rex directly at his heart immediately after the auction event is about to begin. I am not auctioning my only source of wealth, this event is mainly a plan to lure Rex to meet his end.  Now get going, I don't want any mistakes."

 

"Yes, boss." The man bowed and left the room.

 

The ex-Mayor put on a fake smile and left the room. The auction party was about to begin, he didn't want to miss it for anything in the world.


 

____________


 

"We're here," Sehun informed Rex and the other bodyguards through his earbud.

 

"Wait for us, we're arriving soon," Baekhyun responded, and Jin also did the same.

 

It was only a matter of fifteen minutes and all three cars were in the hotel. Sehun and Jongin stood in front of Rex's car, the moment the mafia boss stepped out of the car, the four bodyguards quickly surrounded him, while Baekhyun stood next to Rex.

 

They made their way into the party hall before they could head to their table, the ex-Mayor showed up with a fake smile written all over his face, and the moment Baekhyun set his eyes on the man, he felt like tearing him apart right there, but he controlled his emotions and lower his head.

 

"Thank you for honoring my invitation, Mr. Rex." The Mayor bowed in respect, but Rex wasn't moved at all, however, she decided to play along.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter