Confession

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun took Rex to the ice cream shop as she had requested. They bought different flavors and both had them in the car.

 

"This is so good." She giggled as she enjoyed every bit of the ice cream. 

 

It has become a habit of Rex's to always have ice cream every day, although Baekhyun had told her that excess of it would give her stomach pain. 

 

Most times he would get her fries and fried chicken, or he would prepare it himself just to keep her away from having daily ice cream. 

 

However, he couldn't resist her request for getting another ice cream even though she already had some the previous day. He needed to have some fresh air and clear his mind after Wendy's words.

 

He meant it when he said she was his past. She was, all he wanted was just for them to be friends, but the red flag had become visible to him. He needed not to be told that Wendy still has feelings for him because he could see it in her eyes.

 

Although he always welcomed her with a hug and gave her his genuine smile, that changed nothing. He was done with the relationship and he wanted it to stay that way. Moreover, his heart has picked up a different pace, he has developed feelings for his boss, and he couldn't tell when he fell in love with her.

 

All the nightcrawler could remember was that he began to develop a soft spot for Rex back in the forest. He found himself loving her smile, the way she joked around, the way she always sat beside him and chatted happily with him despite her status and position in society.

 

There was something about her beautiful eyes. He had always felt so drawn to her beautiful eyes from the very beginning before he knew that she wasn't a man, but a woman. 

 

There was something about her that he couldn't fathom, and he felt so drawn to her that he couldn't spend the whole day away from her. 

 

Baekhyun's heart was completely stolen by Rex the day she said those mean words to him back in the forest. He wasn't a fool, and he understood why she took such a step despite her unhealed injuries.

 

She risked her life just to keep him safe and alive. That day was the day he felt his heart beat like crazy. Although he was angry, he wanted to be the one to protect her and not the other way around. 

 

He wasn't happy with the choice she made back then, but her actions changed him. He fell so deeply in love with her, but he stayed away. In the end, she would always be his boss.

 

"You shouldn't take more of that, you might have an upset stomach," Baekhyun said while looking at her and she smiled, making his heart race once again.

 

"I can handle that. This ice cream is so yummy." She said and continued with what she was doing.

 

The bodyguard said nothing but stared at her for a while before he looked away. She was happy, that was all that mattered to Baekhyun, so he let her enjoy the ice cream.

 

"Governor Yunho invited me to his wife's birthday party." She informed him when she was done with the chocolate ice cream.

 

"When is the birthday?"

 

"Tonight." She sighed in satisfaction and relaxed against the seat. "He's hosting the party in one of his hotels." She sounded tired and Baekhyun could tell that she wasn't in the mood.

 

"It seems you don't want to attend the party?" Baekhyun asked just to be sure and she nodded.

 

"I want to, but I just hate wearing the same baggy clothes. It ." She frowned and Baekhyun chuckled.

 

"I've always thought that you had no sense of fashion until I knew the reason why." 

 

"You were right to think that way." She smiled and sat straight. "Let's head home, so we can relax before going to the party." 

 

"As you wish my lady." Baekhyun started the engine and drove off. He was glad that Rex could talk to him freely about herself.

 

"I'm sorry about earlier," Rex said softly after a few moments of silence.

 

"You're sorry about what?" Baekhyun looked at her through the mirror, he was confused about her sudden apology.

 

"I shouldn't have gotten involved in your conversation with Wendy, but I couldn't remain silent when I knew that her words were going to hurt you. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." She looked sad and Baekhyun wanted to just stop the car and embrace her.

 

"I love what you did. Please don't apologize to me because you stood up for me and that made me extremely happy. I should be the one saying thank you." Baekhyun smiled at her when their eyes met in the mirror and she smiled cutely.

 

"I'm glad I could help." She said and deep down she was so happy.


 

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠


 

Rex took only Baekhyun and Sehun with her to the birthday party as she wanted the mansion to be guided.

 

The hotel was crowded just as she had thought, but the warm welcome she received from Yunho and his family made her relax.

 

"They love you," Baekhyun said to her when they were finally seated and she smiled.

 

"Yunho is like a godfather to me. I haven't told anyone this, but Yunho is the only man I can proudly call my uncle even though we're not related by blood. He knows me in and out, he would do just anything to make sure I'm happy and safe." Rex's eyes were on Yunho as she spoke and Baekhyun felt a bit sad and jealous.

 

"Do you love him?" He couldn't contain his thoughts and they just came out as a question.

 

Rex's eyes doubled in size on hearing his question, and she playfully punched his shoulder. "You . What's going on in your mind?" She chuckled and shook her head. 

 

"I just wanted to know," Baekhyun said and Sehun walked in and he joined them.

 

"I'm sorry if what I'm about to say is out of line, boss, but I have to tell you this," Sehun said with fear in his voice.

 

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter