Untold truth

Flaring Affection (FA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was already up. He made a healthy breakfast and some fruit juice with the items he found in the fridge. 

He had his bath and decided to get some answers for himself. 

 

He couldn't fathom Park Min's behavior towards his daughter. He knew that Min had always been an unpredictable man, but the way he reacted to the death of Brad was something he didn't expect.

 

He went back to the bedroom, wore his black jacket, picked up his car keys, and kissed Cara's forehead before leaving the mansion. 

 

He needed answers. He wanted to know why Park Min reacted the way he did. He remembered seeing fear and sadness in his eyes, and that alone was enough to prove that something was wrong.


 

                      💠💠💠💠💠💠


 

Park Min stood by the window in his secret mansion with a heavy heart. He was sad, depressed, and restless. His thoughts were all over the place as he recalled all that happened.

 

"Boss." Minseok bowed.

 

"What's the situation?" Min asked without looking at his right-hand man.

 

"Rex is not yet back to the mansion," Minseok reported and Min sighed deeply.

 

"What about the nightcrawler?" Min turned around to look his cousin in the face and Minseok shook his head.

 

"They're both not yet back."

 

Park Min nodded. He walked away from the window and sat down on the couch. He looked at Minseok and let out a small smile. 

 

"You're my maternal uncle's son, his only surviving family member I have. You're my cousin and your intentions are pure and genuine, that's why I only trust you." Min heaved a deep sigh and Minseok gently tapped his hand.

 

"Is this related to the death of Brad?"

 

"Yes, it is. Cara is the one that killed him as revenge for her mother's death." Min broke the news and Minseok's eyes doubled in size.

 

"What? This is bad. It's only a matter of time before Elder Kim finds out and he's surely going to kill Cara and all her men." Minseok began to panic in fear. "What do we do?"

 

"I don't know. Yesterday I did so many reckless things just to keep her safe. I slapped her to provoke her, but she became more aggressive. I even told her that I disowned her, I was going to take her bodyguards away, but she gave me a deadly warning. All I wanted to do was to take away her bodyguards to protect them and then stage a kidnap and have Cara locked away so that Elder Kim won't be able to find her, but all my plans failed, and she hates me more than ever."  Min broke down in tears.

 

"Brad was Elder Kim's younger brother, his only family. It still surprises me that he hasn't turned this city into a bloodbath. I'm really worried about my daughter's safety. I don't know what to do anymore." The man was broken, he kept sobbing nonstop.

 

"The best thing to do is tell her the damn truth." Baekhyun's voice was heard in the room, but he wasn't seen.

 

Park Min stood up. He looked at Minseok, and the right-hand man pulled out his gun from his pants.

 

"Who's that? Show yourself." Park Min said aggressively while looking around the room.

 

"It's a shame you still don't recognize my voice." Baekhyun walked out from the side of the door and stood in front of Park Min and Minseok.

 

"Nightcrawler?" Min was shocked as well as Minseok and Baekhyun smirked.

 

"In the flesh." Baekhyun sighed and sat on the couch. "Cara is deeply hurt. She kept muttering your name in her sleep and I hate seeing her worried. So, please tell her the truth, that's going to save the situation." Baekhyun suggested, and Min sighed.

 

"You sure do live up to your reputation as the nightcrawler." The man sat down and he completely surrendered. 

 

"I'm not surprised that you already found out Rex's true identity. You're indeed a mysterious man."

 

"Thanks for the compliment." Baekhyun sat up. He wanted to know who Elder Kim was.

 

"Tell me more about this Elder Kim and why you seem to be very scared of him."

 

Min looked at Minseok and the right-hand man nodded. 

"Baekhyun is a man of his word and he cares about Cara, so he can be trusted," Minseok said, and on that ground, Min decided to open up to Baekhyun.

 

"Elder Kim is the leader of the black market world. He's a dangerous heartless man who kills without thinking. Years ago, I did something I'm not so proud of to his wife, and in return, he killed my wife." Park Min lowered his head in sadness and shame as he recalled all that had happened.

 

"What was it you did to his wife that made him kill your wife and almost killed your daughter?" Baekhyun asked. He wanted to know the truth and Min told him everything.

 

"I accidentally caused the death of his wife due to my carelessness. On that unfortunate night, some unknown men were after my life, and while trying to escape, my car ran into his wife's car which caused her death. As expected, Elder Kim had his revenge by sending his younger brother, Brad, to kill my family."

 

"That's bull." Baekhyun was furious. "It was an accident and not intentional."

 

"Of course, it wasn't intentional, but his wife died because of me." Min stood up and walked over to the window.

 

"In the end, it's all my fault. If I was transparent with my daughter, then all this mess wouldn't have happened." 

 

"It's your fault indeed, but I can't blame you for keeping it away from her. All you did was protect her, but you used the wrong approach." Baekhyun stood up and walked over to where Min was standing.

 

"May I ask why you didn't attack Elder Kim and his brother after killing your wife? Because to Cara, it might seem like you're involved with the death of her mother. You of all people should know that Cara is very smart, she won't rest until she gets answers to her pending questions."

 

"Cara is my daughter, I know her more than you do. Surely, she will get to the bottom of this, and that's what I'm so afraid of."

 

"Why are you afraid to let her know the truth? Do you intend to keep her in the dark?" Baekhyun was getting mad and Min heard it in his voice.

 

"No, that's not it. The truth is that my wife is still alive and healthy, but she suffered memory loss. She's been here with me in this mansion all along, but she doesn't even recognize me." Min sighed. 

 

"I didn't create a bloodbath in the city because both my wife and daughter are alive. I should have told Cara about her mother. I shouldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter