..Chapter One..

Strip Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

..CHAPTER ONE..

 

Yoongi shuffled through his apartment, fluffy slippers scuffling against the floor’s linoleum, a hand reaching to scratch at his rear. He muffled a yawn behind his hand before cracking one eye in search for his coffee mug and machine.

 

It was a nice Saturday morning. But the kitchen was too bright for his likening. The clock was striking ten. Initially, Yoongi was used to waking up early in the morning when the sun is still shyly hiding behind the tall trees and mountains. On weekends he generally slept in, but today happened to be different.

 

Yoongi had taken two sips of his coffee when his mobile phone rang, loud and clear, ominous enough that the petite male groaned audibly.

 

"Yes, I still remember and I would be there on time!" The pale male said in the speaker as soon as he accepted the call, huffing away his black locks falling on his forehead. "I would have come home sooner if Seokjin and Namjoon had not played the ‘big brother' card and guilt-tripped me in entertaining the president of Simson Alloy Industry."

 

A long silence followed Yoongi’s rant before a chuckle broke through the speaker and a shrill voice said, “Yes, and a very good morning to you as well, my sweet like sugar, son.”

 

"Mom, I am twenty-six already, can we please drop this nickname?" Yoongi whined like a child, compelling his mother to laugh even louder. "Oh and… yeah… good morning to you as well."

 

“Finally!” Mrs. Min pretended to sulk but her sweet nature didn’t permit her to rebuke her son any further. "So, you are telling me Seokjin was stating the truth when he said you won't come to the airport to receive Taehyungie? Min Yoongi!! Think about how my baby will feel? He is looking forward to meeting you so much! You are all he talks about when we skype call, you know."

 

Yoongi couldn’t help but let a smile climb on his lips, his gums showing when his grin widened, “Mom, you know I am dying to meet him as well. You are just making me feel bad. It is all Seokjin’s doing, anyway. He is the one who arranged the meeting but now he is the one skipping and making me deal with that balding old man, who asks the same question at least twenty times and I am willing to bet my beloved Audi that he still doesn’t understand a single word of our proposal. Seokjin only wants to work with that dimwit because he knows we can hoodwink him and play the field according to our limits.”

 

"Handsome and intelligent, that's our Seokjinnie," His mother praised the eldest Kim child and Yoongi could imagine the heart eyes his mother must-have. Out of all five mothers, Yoongi's mom was probably the most ‘motherly', the reason why she gushed over each child like they were her own. "Anyways, I called to remind you about tonight's-"

 

"Barbeque party we are holding in the Silver Garden to celebrate Taehyungie's homecoming," Yoongi recited the words before his mother could while rolling his eyes in an endeared manner. "Yes mother I remember, not because you have been calling every single day for the last two weeks to remind me but because I cannot forget the day of Taehyung's return anyway."

 

“I knew you won’t but a reminder is always cherished, right?” Mrs. Min chuckled before steering the conversation to some trivial issue. Enquiring after Yoongi’s eating habits, nagging him for his decision to leave the Silver Garden. The petite male dodged every question with skilled nonchalance before cooking some bull-and- story to make his mother hang up the call already.

 

Yoongi indeed had moved out of Silver Garden as soon as he started working in Beyond the Scene Enterprises. It's true, everyone missed him and Yoongi missed the liveliness of his home as well. But, Yoongi grew up with a more practical mind than others. He wanted to become a responsible young man without his mother fussing over his breakfast or getting maids to launder and iron his clothes. He wanted to make himself a man of many skills. Thus, the decision to move out of Silver Garden and acquire a small and cozy two-bedroom apartment in the heart of the city.

 

Mrs. Min constantly complained that the house seemed emptier now that Yoongi left, naturally other boys started to visit the Min’s place lesser and lesser. Thankfully, Jimin picked upon Mrs. Min’s loneliness and started to visit the mother-like figure habitually. Yoongi’s parents often joked that they might disown Yoongi and adopt Jimin as their son.

 

Yoongi sighed as he spooned his cereal, missing his mother's food. But this adult life was what he chose four years ago, now he couldn't have many regrets. Though, calling in the office while it was Saturday sure made the pale male regret his life choices because as predicted Mr. Kwon was every bit as annoying as Seokjin complaint about. The man was hard to please because his limited knowledge urged him to question each and everything, again and again, testing Yoongi's limits. Mr. Kwon might not possess many brains but he was loaded with money, generation of riches he obtained in heritage… the same riches Beyond the Scene Enterprises needed as an investment in their next Hotel and Residential Plan.

 

After wasting hours over the old man, Yoongi took a sigh of relief when Mr. Kwon gave a nod and assured to talk more business in future meetings. The small smile on the man’s face was promising, Yoongi was happy to note.

 

Exhausted, physically as well as mentally, Yoongi left the company around six in the evening. It must have been four hours since Taehyung landed in the country. Yoongi wondered what his baby bear must be doing right now. He might have run toward the stables to greet Prince, the horse Taehyung called dibs on in his childhood and never let anyone else ride him or maybe the kid was at basketball court failing to put the ball through the hop- Taehyung never had much talent in the sport but he was the only one willing to play with Yoongi while other guys went crazy for soccer. Chuckling to himself, Yoongi put his White Audi in reserve and started making his way toward the outskirt of the city where the Silver Garden stood.

 

The sky darkened while Yoongi drove. The moment he reached the main gate of the residence, it was pitch black. The street lights followed Yoongi’s car until he was in the heart of the acre stretched grounds. Parking the car in the parking lot, Yoongi took quick and excited steps toward the circular garden in the middle of all five houses. The loud and merry chatter greeted the gummily smiling man. The barbeque grill was being set by Jungkook and Hoseok while Seokjin and Jimin were arranging the garden seats and benches. Namjoon was desperately trying to hide the flower pot he most probably broke. Yoongi enthusiastically greeted the guys and received shouts and screams in return. They shared quick manly hugs before parents joined the small gathering. Yoongi politely bowed at the elders, then his eyes wandered… looking left and right… anxious to see that one face.

 

“Where is Taehyungie?” Yoongi asked after he failed to pin-point the one man he was eager to meet.

 

“He is asleep,” Mrs. Park replied readily. “Poor thing was tired after such a long journey. I think he conked out right away.”

 

“Yeah,” Mr. Kim chipped in. “But it’s been long enough. Yoongi, why don’t you go and wake him up?”

 

Yoongi need not be told twice. The petite male immediately walked toward Kim's house, taking two steps at a time to reach the third floor, unbolting the second door on the left in the silent corridor. It might have been years since Yoongi came to Taehyung's bedroom but he could cover the distance blindfolded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter