Collateral

Collateral

Everyone stands there, watching the flames swallow up the large house. Tears run down your cheeks as you think of Jongdae burning in the basement, alone. 
“I’m going to get him!” Minseok yells, trying to rush towards the house. 
“You can’t” Suho tells him, grabbing onto his arm. “There’s no way you would get through that" he finishes, looking at the rest of the men. “There’s no way he survived this.” He sighs. 
Everyone stands still as multiple fire trucks arrive at the house, working quickly to put the fire out. “Was there anyone else in the house?” One asks, rushing over. 
“Our brother, Jongdae was in the basement" Suho says, not having much hope. The man nods towards him before putting on his helmet and taking off into the house with a few more guys. 


**
A few hours later Suho moves everyone to another house, a safe house until they find out who or what lit the fire. Almost everyone wanders off to their perspective rooms, leaving you alone with Suho in his office. He concentrates deeply on the phone, hoping it’ll ring. The firemen told him they’d contact him as soon as they found something. 
“You can go lay down Y/N" He says, still staring at said phone. 
“I..” you begin. “I’m not sure where I’m supposed to go" you whisper. 
“Just find one of the guys and they’ll help you. I need to make a few calls" he says, clearing his throat before picking up a separate phone, leaving his line open for the call. 
You slowly wander out of the office, walking down a hallway until you’re in a living room. You stand there for a moment, looking around, seeing no one.
“What are you doing?” a voice asks from behind you, making you jump. 
You turn around, and are met with dark, somewhat angry eyes. 
“I’m trying to figure out where I’m supposed to go" you whisper. 
“Come" is all Kyungsoo says before walking down a separate hallway. You quickly shuffle your feet to follow him, never getting too close. No matter what you did, he always seemed to hate you. 
Kyungsoo opens a door, revealing a pretty nice room with a queen size bed that looks heavenly right about now. “This is my room but you’re welcome to stay with me" he says, shrugging his shoulders. 
“Are you sure? I don’t want to impose” you whisper, fiddling with the hem of your shirt. 
“It’s not a imposition” he says, pulling his shirt from his body, tossing it in the corner. You weren’t expecting him to be so well built. You bit your lip as you slowly checked him out, forgetting he was facing you. 
Kyungsoo clears his throat, bringing you out of your trance. He stares at you with an eyebrow raised as you quickly avoid eye contact. You slowly walk over to the bed, climbing in on the side closest to the wall. 
Kyungsoo slips in beside you, laying on his side so you’re facing each other. 
“Can I ask you something?” you say, shyly. 
He ever so slightly nods his head. 
“Why did.. or do you hate me so much?” you wonder. 
He stares at you for a second, contemplating his answer. 
“I don’t hate you" he sighs, running his hand through his hair. “I was ed over by my last girlfriend. She..” he pauses. “She used me. Made me trust her, tell her things and she turned around telling another gang everything. Suho was pissed, rightfully so. I should never have been so trusting. After that I decided I would never trust another female like that again. I would them and then get rid of them.” He finishes. 
“Get rid of them how?” you asked, your voice quiet. 
“Depending on what happened. Some snooped, or tried to gather intel. They ended up in the basement. Those who just wanted a good and left, they were left alone" 
You take a deep breath, nodding your head slightly. Before you could say anything else, Kyungsoo continued. 
“But you.. you’re different. I can see myself getting to trust you, but I just need time.” He says. You nod your head understandingly. 
The two of you lay in his bed, your eyes never leaving each other. Kyungsoo slowly moves his head closer to yours, you’re frozen in your spot. Kyungsoo looks from your eyes to your lips before slowly pressing his to yours. You kiss him back before he pulls away with a slight smile. 
As Kyungsoo looks at you with a small smile, his door bursts open revealing Chanyeol with a worried face. 
“We found something” he huffs, walking away. The two of you get up to follow him into Suho’s office where everyone else is waiting. 
“What is it?” asked Kyungsoo. 
“Minseok went back to the house, trying to see if anything was found out. They found this" Suho says, pulling out his phone to show a picture. In the backyard was the Bangtan symbol burnt into the grass. 
“So they did this?” Kai growls. 
“Yes" Suho answers. 
“What about Jongdae? Did they find him?” Sehun asks. 
“They didn’t find his body, but there’s no way he could have survived” Minseok says, refusing to look anyone in the eye. 
All the men are shaking with rage. What they had done to Jimin was justified, there should not have been any retaliation. But Bangtan didn’t care. 
“What do we do now?” Baekhyun asks. 
“I say we ing kill them all" Kai growls, slamming his fist down on the desk.
“First we plan a funeral. Then we plan our revenge” Suho says, standing up and walking away. 
** 
A few weeks later, it was the day of Jongdae’s funeral, a day that everyone dreaded. They had hoped so badly that he would just come waltzing in the house because he was just hiding out. 
You’re in Kyungsoo’s room slipping on your black dress, doing your best to hide your red puffy face with make up, but it doesn’t work. 
No one speaks much as guests come into the backyard with looks of sorrow on their faces. You don’t recognize any of the them, but you can almost guarantee they’re also Mafia, with the way they present themselves. The women who attended with them, most look terrified and some look like they’ve been in the life for a while. 
You look for a seat, but before you can choose, Baekhyun pulls you down and in between him and Chanyeol. Baekhyun places his hand in yours as Chanyeol wraps his arm around your shoulders. 
Suho gives a beautiful speech about how loyal Jongdae was to this life and him and his brothers. He never hesitated when it came to doing some Suho asked. Suho laughed as he told them anything he did, whether it was torturing someone or doing a drug run, he always had a eating grin on his face. 
More people you didn’t know stood up in front of everyone, paying their respects and giving a story about Jongdae. Sometimes a happy memory, or a sad one. 
You just wanted this to over. 
When it finally was, all of EXO, minus one gathered into the living room, sitting on the couches not speaking, except Sehun. 
“Guys" Sehun huffed, running into the room. “Something was sent during the funeral, I haven’t had time to crack where it came from but I just got the document open.” He says. 
“Well? What the is it?” Suho snaps. 
Sehun turns the computer around. “It’s Jongdae!” he exclaims, showing everyone a beaten and bloodied Jongdae, looking limp in a chair, tied up. 
“He’s alive?” you ask, standing up. 
“Where is he?” Minseok growls. 
“Bangtan has him" Sehun says, looking around the room. 
Judging by everyone’s faces, this was going to be a war.