Collateral

Collateral

When you imagined your life, you pictured going to school for something you loved, getting a great job in your field and eventually settling down with someone you loved and wanted to spend your life with. You even thought about possibly having children one day.

You were just beginning your plan, searching for what you loved to do. You’d tried many different jobs already. Working in a café, with children, with senior citizens but nothing had stuck out to you yet. You’d been thinking of looking into working with animals possibly next but thanks to your brother, your plans had been derailed.

Instead of working with puppies and kittens you’d now be a maid for the mafia. Not quite something you had pictured yourself doing but alas here you were.

How could your brother do this? How could he steal, let alone steal from the ing mafia.

Suho had told you that one of the men, Kai had picked out a special uniform for you to wear. However, the way he said it had you wondering how bad it actually was going to be.

“Kai" Suho began. “Show her where she’ll be staying and her outfit. I have to do” he finishes.

You’re grabbed by the arm by a man with a dazzling smile on his face.

“This way baby girl" he says, yanking you from your chair.

You trip over your own feet as he drags you from the office, never letting go of your arm. He leads you through a hallway to a large living room littered with men.

You thought you’d felt fear before, but that was nothing compared to this. Some of the men smirked at you while others just glared. After a few looks you hung your head down, not wanting any more attention.

He leads you out of the of the living room and down yet another always, stopping at the first door. He opens it to reveal a very tiny room. Dusty as , with a small cot and a small dressed. You had one lamp on the dresser for light and a black bag laid out on the cot.

He leans in close, his hot breath against your ear. “Your outfit” he whispers. “You have two minutes to change" he says before closing the door, leaving you in the dark. You have no windows to shine some light in as the sun rises, so you’re left with making your way to the lamp.

Finally reaching it, you quickly turn it on before ping the bag to reveal a rather skimpy maid’s uniform, almost like the one you would wear to a bar on Halloween.

No. Nope. No way, you were not wearing this.

You swung the door open, seeing Kai standing there with a confused look on his face.

“Why aren’t you dressed?” He asks, clearly unamused.

“I’m not wearing that.” You deadpan. I’m not some ” you spit.

Kai quickly slams you against the door? His hand squeezing your chin and cheeks together.

“You’re whatever we ing say you are. You have no choice. Unless you want to see what’ll happen if you refuse to listen" he snarls into your ear before letting your face go.

“Get dressed" he snaps.

You rush back into the room, Kai slams the door behind you. With tears threatening to fall down your cheeks you strip out of your pajamas you were still wearing and trade them in for the skimpy outfit.

The thing just barely covers your , your are almost popping out, not to mention it was tight. You were embarrassed to be wearing it, but you really didn’t want to know what would happen to you. You just knew Kai would be good on his threat.

Opening the door, Kai smiles smugly, but he is not alone. The other man with him also had a smirk on his face while looking you up and down, eyeing you like you were a piece of meat.

He bites his lip as you wrap your arms around yourself, feeling even more exposed than you did while you were alone.

“Baekhyun stop scaring the girl" one says walking up to you. “I’m Lay, the doctor. I’ll be showing you around and letting you know where you can and cannot go.” He says giving you a small smile.

You like him. He’s the one of the only ones who hasn’t stared at you like they were going to rip you apart.

He begins walking down the hall, all the doors closed. You can only assume they’re bedrooms.

“Unless given permission, do not under any circumstances go in any of these rooms” he says, his voice serious. “Bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room are all places you can clean. There are lots of men here everyday but only nine of us live here" he tells you. You nod along.

Only nine. Great.

“Can you cook?” he asks.

“Yeah" you answer.

“Usually Kyungsoo cooks but we get tied up sometimes and he doesn’t feel like it.” He says. “All the supplies you’ll need are in this closet. And whatever you do, don’t go into the basement.” He finishes before walking away.

You guessed you’d start with the kitchen since that was likely one of the messier rooms. You grabbed your supplies before making your way to the kitchen. You can feel the eyes on your body as you walk through the living room. You keep your head down, only peaking up when you need too.

**

You spent your time on the kitchen, making sure everything was done correctly. The cabinets were cleaned, the oven deep cleaned, dishes were done and put away, floors were scrubbed, fridge was cleaned. You saved the easiest thing for last, wiping the counters. You sprayed them down before washing them thoroughly.

Your work is halted by the feeling of someone behind you.

“Excellent job princess" he says, his voice deep.

“Thank you" you let out a small whisper.

“I like your outfit” he says, you can hear the smirk in his voice.

“Chanyeol, stop creeping out the maid. Let’s go, Suho needs us" you hear Lay calling for him.

“Until next time" he whispers before leaving to meet up with Lay.

You let out a sigh of relief. This job was going to be hard and there was no guarantee you were going to make it out alive.

**

A few hours later the boys returned and you were told you could be done for the day. Lucky for you, Kyungsoo was back and you weren’t needed to make dinner. You retired to your tiny closet, immediately laying on the bed.

You’re only laying there for about 20 minutes before you hear a small knock at your door. You open it up and are surprised to see Lay standing there with a rather large plate of food.

“I thought you’d be hungry" he says, handing the delicious smelling meal to you.

“I am, thank you" you whisper, wanting to inhale it all now.

“Just bring the dishes to the kitchen when you’re done" he says before nodding his head and walking away. You sit on your bed, savoring the taste of the food until every last piece is scraped off your plate.

Taking your dishes to the kitchen, you quickly wash them and put them away before heading to bed, falling asleep rather quickly.

**

A few weeks have gone by since you’d be taken to pay off your brothers debt, and things had started looking up. Despite the creepy men who always watched you work, you had been becoming semi friendly with some of the boys.

Baekhyun, Kai, Chanyeol, and two new guys to you, Xiumin and Sehun were relentless with their heavy flirting but you had learned to brush it off. Suho was always locked in his office, you really never saw him unless it was for dinner or the rare occasion they had a meeting in the living room. Lay was always busy in the basement, considering everyday at least one person was brought in with a gun shot wound or having been stabbed.

You were starting to feel comfortable, even if they were in the mafia and killed people. You knew they could turn on you if they chose. But in reality you had no choice but to be there, so you took your chances.

You had been cleaning down the hall from Suho’s office, dusting sculptures and paintings when you heard a small groan from the office.

Walking down the hall, you notice his door is half open. You were going to ask if everything was alright, but you were a little distracted by his head thrown back and his hand wrapped around his .

You let out a small gasp on accident, which made him jerk his head up, looking you dead in the eyes.

“I-I’m so sorry.. I’m going to go" you stutter before turning around to run out.

“Wait" he growls. You turn around, looking up at the ceiling to avoid eye contact.

“I was thinking about you. The way you look in that little outfit, the way you bend over in front of me and the boys” he groans.

You could have possibly been flirting back with them but you hadn’t thought much of it.

“And?” you ask with a small smile, brave enough to look him in the eyes.

“Why don’t you come over here and help me" he smirks, leaning back in his chair, placing his hands behind his head.

You step into his office a little more before closing the door and locking it.