Collateral

Collateral

You loved your brother, you always had and always would. He was the one to protect you from those who bullied you. He was the one who ditched his friends to hangout with you when you sat at home, alone on a Saturday night. He was the one to always warn you about the bad guys.

You didn’t know for sure when he started selling drugs or if he even was. He would come home to your shared apartment with blood dripping from his face, bruises and wads of money that he wasn’t very good at hiding. One day you would see it and the next day it would be gone. You were curious but not curious enough to possibly get pulled into whatever he was doing. He still was adamant that the mechanic shop he worked at paid him very well and sometimes customer got mad.

Maybe after his girlfriend of 3 years left him without a word, or maybe it was when your parents died in the car accident on their way back from a small getaway they planned. Really it could have been anytime. All you knew was that he was doing something illegal. He would come home after days at a time, sometimes even weeks, sometimes the middle of the night. You voiced your concerns to him on many occasions.

He always told you not to worry but you always did.

Tonight he came home a little more paranoid than usual. He kept looking behind is shoulder and checking closets and making sure the door was locked to your tiny apartment.

“Nate. What’s going on. Are you okay?” you asked.

“I’m fine, y/n. No worries” he says to you, forcing a smile.

He pulls you in for a tight hug, whispering a sorry into your ear. You broke the hug with giving him a weird and asking him what he was sorry for.

He just stared at the ground.

“I’ll explain one day. But for now, just know I’m truly sorry". He says before shooting you one last smile before heading to his room.

You do the same with a confused look on your face. What the was that about?

Your mind raced as you tried to figure out what happened to your big brother. You fell asleep with thoughts of the two of you playing outside when you were younger. The happier times.

You were startled awake by loud erratic banging on your front door. Glancing at your clock you notice it’s about 4am and you were pissed.

Who the does this?

You growl as you get out of your bed, not bothering to put on a robe – too hot. You stomped to the front door wearing nothing but your small tank top that showed some of your stomach and your short sleeping shorts.

You didn’t care, you were too annoyed.

You peak out and see four or 5 men standing there with guns and baseball bats.

“Open the ing door. Don’t make this any worse then it already is" one snaps. You slowly back away from the door, attempting to run to your brothers room. But the door is kicked down before you had a chance to even move.

The men stare at you as you stare back, shocked and unable to move.

“Let’s go princess.” One snaps.

“Excuse me? I’m not going anywhere" you snap. “Get the out of my house before I call the cops” you threaten. These were the type often Nate would bring back to the apartment and claim they were friends. You were terrified then and you were terrified now, but you didn’t show it.

One of the men walks towards you with a smirk. “I’d like to see you try baby girl" he whispers as you stumble back into the wall, losing any option to run anywhere.

He looks you up and down before his lips. “Bag" he calls over his shoulder.

Bag? What the did he need a bag for. You panic, pushing the man away from you while he’s not looking. He stumbles just far enough away for you to quickly run to your room.

Just before you can step inside a hand grips onto your ankle, pulling you down onto the floor, smacking your head in the process.

You groan as your head throbs. The men take this opportunity to tie your ankles and your hands up before slipping a bag over your head.

“Please. I didn’t do anything" you cry, you knew it would do nothing but you had to try something.

“Shut the up” someone growls hard enough for you to silently cry as you’re taken somewhere.

You remained awake the entire time. You weren’t sure how many minutes or hours had passed as you kept driving.

Finally after god knows how long, you can tell the road has finally changed. Instead of relatively smooth concrete it was rough gravel.

“Take her in to Suho" you heard a deep voice before a pair of hands lifted you over his shoulder, carrying you in to wherever you were.

The tears begin rolling again as your body starts to shiver. Why the was this happening to you? Did it have something to do with your brother and how he was sorry?

You were going to ing kill him.

You were placed down on a chair, and your bag was taken from your head.

In front of you was an extremely handsome man in a suit. Even his straight face was attractive. Looking behind you stood another eight men, all equally as attractive.

Turning back to the man in front of you, he held up a picture of your brother.

“Do you know him?” he asks.

“That’s my brother” you whisper.

“Where the is he" he half growls.

“I..I don’t..” was all you could get out before being interrupted.

“WHERE’S MY ING MONEY" he yells so loudly you jump back in your chair.

“I don’t know" you cry.

“He was supposed to drop off over a million dollars this morning. And is nowhere to be found" he says, the vein in his neck still popping out. “In just over a year he had done so ing well. He was on his ing way up.” He pauses. “And then he ing does this”

“What do I have to do with any of this?” you ask. Sure your brother ed up but it shouldn’t land on you.

“I want my money and my ing drugs. If he cares anything about you, he’ll come bring it to me when he hears I have you. You’re going to be working to pay off his debts until he shows up so I can ing kill him” he spits.

“You’re my collateral” he says with a devilish smirk