photograph

eight letters

photograph: ed sheeran

Seungmin tries not to rush downstairs with the uneaten plate of food, passing a cuddling Woojin and Felix on the couch. Felix looks up with a small smile on his face before he continues to card his fingers through Woojin's locks.

Quickly, he places the plate into the fridge and calls over his shoulder not to eat Jisung's food as he was going to eat it later. He takes two steps at a time and makes way to Jeongin's room to retrieve Minho's gift.

The black bag is right where he left it. Reaching in, he pulls out a rainbow box with large white words reading "Polaroid Film".

The other has been out of film for the longest time, choosing to pay for things he didn't have to instead. He took care of everyone while dancing and running back and forth from his classes. Seungmin figures the older man had to be a bit tired.

When Minho did have film, he would giggle in various corners of the house, taking pictures of unsuspecting people before rushing off to someone else. He would do the same thing to everyone until he was satisfied with the outcomes. After all the pictures were taken, he'd hide in his room and giggle to himself as he placed the printed photos in their homes. He had photobooks filled with nothing but pictures of the nine of them in various poses and different expressions.

Seungmin smiles to himself when he leaves Jeongin's room. He hides the box of film behind his back and smiles brightly when he enters his room.  Hyunjin, Changbin, and Chan are still sleeping soundly as he walks by, giggling at the sight of Changbin's open mouth and drool spilling from the side of his mouth.

Quickly, he makes it to Minho's side of the room and grabs Minho's polaroid, his fingers running over each of the stickers placed on the white device. Each sticker of Minho's has a story from when they were given to the dancer. Seungmin hums quietly at the one he gave him, a small picture of a wolf from the day Minho had taken the younger out on a date to the zoo. The memory is filled with fond smiles and secret kisses hidden behind various children attractions.

A debate forms in Seungmin's head of opening the film in the room or with Minho, the second option sounding a lot better than the first. Maybe, he can be the one taking a picture instead of the older. Seungmin smiles and walks out of his room but not without giggling again at the three on his bed.

When he makes his way to Jisung's room, he puts on a bright smile he knows doesn't reach his eyes. Minho looks up from the bed, his phone in one hand and the other petting Jisung's hair while he sleeps. There's a suspicious look in Minho's eyes as Seungmin continues to smile, opening the box as quietly and quickly as he can. The back of the camera opens easily once the package is open and he properly puts in the film.

"Wha-" Minho begins, but Seungmin snaps the back of the camera shut and pulls it out quickly, taking a picture of a surprised Minho. It takes a moment for the older to realize what happened and when he does, he throws a small glare in Seungmin's direction while the younger just smiles.

"What the ?" he says.

Seungmin laughs quietly and watches as the picture prints out. Waving it around, he walks towards the bed, staring at the white background.

"Here," he says holding out the camera and keeping the picture to himself. The more it begins to form, the more Seungmin isn't sure he wants to give it to the elder.

"I figured," he begins when he stands in front of a still glaring Minho, "that you could use film. You haven't been taking pictures in a while."

Minho's glare softens when he opens his mouth and his lips. He takes a moment before he smiles gently. "I hadn't bought any because I haven't had time."

"Well," Seungmin says grinning when the picture finally develops, "now you have quite a bit of film, and I expect to see more pictures in your album, hyung."

He looks to the older and sees the look in Minho's eyes. It's enough for Seungmin's insides to melt. He had been so focused on making sure everyone else was smiling for a little bit that he didn't have time to feel the full impact of his melting inside. Now he was almost done, he could feel the rising heat against his cheeks and the love in the air.

The position is awkward when Minho reaches for Seungmin, pressing his face into his stomach. Seungmin can feel soft kisses being pressed against his tummy too which he tries to stop the giggles from leaving his mouth.

Running his fingers through Minho's dark locks, Seungmin presses his own kisses to the top of Minho's head rolling his eyes when the older suddenly pulls out of Seungmin's embrace, snatching his camera from Seungmin's hand.  

There's a light in Minho's eyes that Seungmin hadn't seen in a while and he's sure he's going to be blamed for all the pictures that are going to be taken.

Quietly, Minho shifts Jisung away from his body and tucks the younger man in, pressing a kiss to orange locks. Dark eyes meet darker ones, and suddenly, Seungmin is pulled out of the room.

"You're my accomplice," Minho says as closes Jisung's bedroom door. "Everyone is getting their picture taken."

Seungmin can only laugh at his hyung's antics when he's pulled into his room. The positions haven't changed much from the five minutes he wasn't in the room. The three of them are still in some form of cuddle pile, Hyunjin lying on his stomach with his face in between Chan's neck and shoulders. Chan sleeps on his back, one of his arms under Hyunjin's body and gripping Changbin's hand. Changbin's fingers are intertwined with Chan's, but he's away from the two of them.

Minho looks at Seungmin. "Do you think we can make Changbin cuddle the two of them?" he stage whispers. "I don't have a picture of Changbin in a cuddle pile, and I would like one."

Seungmin chuckles. "I'm sure you can coax Binnie hyung into the pile but good luck trying to get Channie hyung's grip off Binnie's hand. Remember he has a death grip when he's sleeping. "

Minho looks at the hands. "I know just the thing."

Seungmin has known Minho long enough to recognize when the elder is going to do something he has no say in. If the mischievous glint in Minho's eyes is not the indicator, then Seungmin doesn't know what is. Before he can think twice, however, Minho is grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the bed.

"I'm going to remove Chan hyung's death grip from Changbin's hand and move Changbin into the cuddle pile. You are going to hold Chan hyung's hand, so he doesn't wake up," he whispers.

Seungmin doesn't see how of any of this is going to work, but he knows better than to question anything Minho does. Usually, he'll one scolding his hyung instead of doing whatever Minho wants, and he's not prepared for the 'what are you doing, Kim Seungmin' from the others.

He sighs and motions for Minho to begin his elaborate scheme in getting a picture of Changbin in a cuddle pile.

Minho walks to the bed with a bright smile on his face. He studies the sleeping men for a moment, before beginning to work. He pries Chan's fingers one by one causing the older man to grunt in his sleep and hold on tighter. Minho lets out a quiet sigh and tries again, the smile never leaving his face.

He looks to Seungmin when he's done, waving the younger over. Seungmin's fingers intertwine with Chan's. The older's hand is slightly clammy and a little sweaty but that doesn't stop of the smile on Seungmin's face. Looking up, he sees a fond look on Minho's face as he watches Seungmin's thumb run across pale knuckles.

"Hyung," Seungmin whispers.

Minho shifts his gaze away and grabs Changbin's hand and tugs. It's an awkward tug as Seungmin sees how wrong this might look. He's not even sure if Minho's plan is actually going to work, but he keeps his mouth shut and watches as Minho has a slightly hard time trying to pose Changbin.

Changbin's grunt is loud when Minho accidentally tugs a little too hard. They both freeze and wait for the youngest music producer to wake up, but he only smacks his lips and turns towards Hyunjin.

Minho looks ecstatic when Changbin shifts himself and makes his job a little bit easier. He motions for Seungmin to rise his and Chan's hand higher as he mimics pushing the other. With a roll of his eyes, Seungmin raises his hand the best that he can without waking up Chan.

With a quick shove, Minho pushes Changbin against Hyunjin's back and waits for any kind of movement from the others. Nothing happens to which Seungmin is amazed. How do they not feel the bed moving so much? How does Changbin not feel it when his body is being manipulated by Minho? Maybe he was more tired than Seungmin thought.

Seungmin lowers his hand and begins to peel Chan's fingers from his with little difficulty. Minho huffs when Seungmin places the elder's hand on Changbin's shoulder.

Seungmin turns around and raises a brow at the older, but he's having none of it. Minho gently pushes Seungmin to the side and takes his camera to and takes his picture. A flash of light goes off in the room, and Minho curses under his breath, as a whine fills the room.

The whine startles the both of them and the next thing Seungmin knows, he's outside of the room with a picture in one of his hands and Minho's hand in the other. They look at each other and stare as if they were taking in the sight of the other. Seungmin's eyes travel drinking in the view of Minho's kitten lips, round cheeks, and crinkled eyes as he begins to smile. Puffs of laughter leave his lips as Seungmin feels his bubbling in his throat.

They don't hear one of the doors opening, but they hear a sigh. Both of them look up and continue to laugh while Woojin looks unimpressed. He takes in his two laughing lovers and notes the camera in Minho's hand. Shaking his head, he turns around and goes back into his room. Before he closes the door, he sticks his head out and looks at the two of them.

"I have two giggling idiots already," he says, "I don't need another two giggling idiots. Stay out."

For some reason, Seungmin and Minho find this to be funnier and they continue laughing, missing the fond look in Woojin's eyes as he closes his door with a soft click.  

As their laughs die down, Seungmin leans against the wall and accepts Minho's hug as the older man sags against his body. Without a thought, Seungmin drapes his arms around Minho's middle. His thoughts travel to his wishes and smiles when he presses his lips against soft strands of hair.

He wishes for Minho take as many pictures as he can and that he takes care of himself more. He presses another kiss with the hope he'll pay attention to the things he needs and not just everyone else's. He's a person in an eight-person relationship, and he too needs his space like the rest of them. His next kiss is filled with nothing but his love for Lee Minho, and he hopes the older knows how much Seungmin loves and adores the time they spend together.

When Minho pulls away, there a smile on his lips as he presses a soft kiss against Seungmin's.

"I love you too,' he says softly.

Seungmin is over the moon with Minho's words, a smile blooming on his face as he presses another kiss on Minho's lips.

Minho leaves Seungmin's embrace and walks back to Jisung's room but not without more kisses thrown in Seungmin's direction.

Before he follows his hyung, however, Seungmin smiles to himself proud over the fact he was able to make his lovers smile. He's in love with the smiles so much that in the back of mind, he knows he should show more love to them. That thought he shakes away again, knowing that if he panicked now, everything he just did would be for naught. He needs his lovers to be happy and relaxed. He can worry about his emotions in a little bit.

But for now, Seungmin is happy.