say you won't let go, love.

eight letters

love.: kendrick lamar

say you won't let go: james arthur

"Thank you for coming," the florist says with a small bow. "I hope he enjoys the flowers."

Seungmin bows back smiling to the clerk as he holds the large bouquet of flowers in his hand. He exits the flower shop with two black bags, a giant stuffed animal, and a bouquet of flowers to which he wonders how he's going to make it home. He had sent Changbin and Hyunjin ahead seeing as both older boys were falling asleep standing, something he thought was possible for Chan and only Chan. Hyunjin's eyes almost popped out, and Changbin let out a loud whine of 'I'm not falling asleep Seungminnie. I dunno what you're talking about' when he told them, but their slow movements told him otherwise.

Apart of him believes he should have gone with them, but he still needed to finish his last gift. Hyunjin decided because Seungmin worries too much that he was going to have each other on a video call, proving to the youngest that they made it home without stopping and sleeping in an alleyway. It ended only a few minutes ago when Hyunjin announced loudly that he and Changbin were back.

Of course, they offered to take something off Seungmin's hands, but he just laughed and said that they were surprises to which the others couldn't know about just yet.

But since the call was over, he has half a mind to call them back and ask if they could talk to him while he is by himself. It wasn't a long way, his route taking him past an elementary school, a couple of parks, and a supermarket. It's the quiet panic in the back of his mind that has him wanting a solid body standing next to him and holding his hand.

Seungmin takes a deep breath and begins his trek back to his home.

The high noon sun beats mercilessly against his head, making him sweat a little. He's thankful it's not summer but summer turning into winter which brings cooler weather.

He hugs the stuffed animal a little tighter to his chest for warmth and comfort as the quiet panic begins to grow, but once again he pushes it away, knowing that this isn't the proper way to deal with an upcoming panic attack. But maybe if he can divert his attention elsewhere, he can do what needs to be done.

He shifts his mindset to the flowers in his hand and thinks of how angry Woojin was earlier in the day. The more he thinks about it, however, he finds himself being angry in place of his lover. Woojin shouldn’t have to listen to ugly words from people who are supposed to love him.

He looks at the flowers and hopes they bring a smile to Woojin’s face. He had spent a few minutes talking to the florist trying to find the prettiest, and the loveliest flowers he hoped shows how much the oldest means to him.

10 azaleas for love.

3 dark red carnations for sincere love.

A bunch of baby’s breath for long-lasting love.

Seungmin smiles to himself, as he turns a corner. His gaze shifts up so he won't run into anyone, but he stops himself when he sees familiar fox-like eyes and a braced smile. Jeongin stands in a sweatshirt which looks suspiciously like Minho's missing one. His smile slips into what Seungmin believes is an upset pout that has a loud coo passing his lips.

“Really?” Jeongin says with a roll of his eyes. “You’re cooing?”

“What?” Seungmin says as he lengthens his stride to reach Jeongin. When he does, the younger grabs both of the bags. “You can’t look angry.”

Dark feline eyes narrow. “I’m sure I look plenty mad.”

“As mad as a baby fox can get.”

Jeongin snorts and Seungmin finds himself feeling fond. He sees the same emotion he felt when he brought the Munchlax eyemask to Changbin and the ice pack for Hyunjin creeping up on him like ants marching a hill, and he loves it.

He looks to Jeongin's hands where the younger carries the bags when the thought maybe he could give Jeongin his present now. They were alone, and it seems to be the most opportune moment.

Seungmin remembers there is a bench coming up. While it was a little too public for his liking, maybe he could give Jeongin his things there? But that thought leaves when he remembers Jeongin hates any form of PDA in public, scared something would happen to either one of them. So Seungmin continues to think.

There has to be a place that’s private enough for a few moments where Seungmin can hand the things over.

His eyes catch one of the playgrounds, empty and void of children. A smile spreads across his face as he reaches out and latches onto Jeongin's wrist. The younger lets out a loud yelp as he gets dragged by an excited Seungmin.

The playground is a basic one with a metal jungle gym, a merry-go-round, many trees, and a swing set hidden behind a group of trees.

Seungmin drags Jeongin to the swing set, where three swings sit idly, waiting for riders to take them into the skies. Setting the stuffed animal down, Seungmin lets go of Jeongin's arm and snatches the bags from his grip. He looks at Jeongin for a moment, chuckling at the baffled look on the other's face.

"The hyung?" Jeongin asks.

"Language!" Seungmin cheers when he finds what he's looking for.

"Again what the fu-"

"Language!"

Jeongin rolls his eyes as he sits on one of the swings. "Fine, what the fudge hyung?"

Seungmin smiles and Jeongin begins to kick his legs.

For a few moments, Seungmin just watches as Jeongin flies higher and higher. There's a soft smile on his face as he continues to move his legs back and forth and when Jeongin's at a certain height, Seungmin pulls out a small blue bottle.

The color takes Jeongin's attention away from the sky, and a wider smile stretches across his face.

He recalls going to the other’s house to drag him to school, but instead of a boy huddled in bed sheets, he was outside blowing bubbles. He would watch as various sized bubbles would come out of the wand, but he would never get up to pop them. He'd leave them to pop on their own until Seungmin came along and popped them with dry fingers. Jeongin would smile and laugh until his stomach would hurt or his mother came outside scolding them for being late.

Jeongin was seventeen when he finally told Seungmin about the nightmares and the bubbles. It landed a cuddling session and a stock of the bottled soapy delight in backpacks and rooms in which the younger cried and cuddled Seungmin until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Seungmin opens the bottle as a loud laugh echo across the trees. By this time, Jeongin is flying high in the sky, his smile bright and his eyes crinkled into crescent moons.

The sight is enough for Seungmin to place the bubble wand near his lips and blow. Iridescent bubbles fill the air quickly, tiny rainbows reflecting on the thin film.

It becomes one of Seungmin's favorite sights of Jeongin; the younger with his mouth open in a laugh with crinkling eyes. His dark hair is in a fluff on his forehead while he reaches out to pop the bubbles getting too close.

His eyes connect with Seungmin's, and it takes a loud shout from Jeongin for Seungmin to know what was coming next.

“Hyung!” Jeongin shouts happily before jumping off when he’s near the ground. He nearly gives Seungmin a heart attack, but before he can say anything, he has an arm full of Jeongin and spilled soap all over his hands. He doesn't mind, however, as soft lips press against his.

Jeongin is shaking a little, and Seungmin isn’t sure what it’s from. It’s worrying for a few seconds until it stops.

“How do you always know?” Jeongin whispers. “How do you always know that I need bubbles?”

“I just do, Innie.”

Jeongin rolls his eyes and presses another kiss against Seungmin’s lips.

Maybe it’s becoming a tradition for Seungmin, but he finds himself pressing little pecks against his lover’s lips with wishes of hope and love. He wishes for Jeongin not to have terrible nightmares of monsters and unreal things. He presses the hopes that the younger will come to any of them if he's having a hard time but most of all, he wishes for Jeongin to never let go of the love they have and to keep it until they’re grey and old.

He finds himself rocking on his feet a quiet Jeongin in his arms, almost like they’re dancing to a song only they can hear. He whines when the brunette pulls away, his braced smile taking all of Seungmin’s vision.

“You have things to finish and cuddles to give to Hyunjin and Changbin,” he says. “We should get you home.”

Seungmin takes in the information and pouts. “Did they spoil it?”

The smile on Jeongin’s face turns fond. “No, but I’m sure everyone else is waiting for your return. You've been gone most of the morning without your backpack. Prepare yourself for an angry Wooj hyung since you did just run off.”

Seungmin continues to pout only for it to be kissed away by a laughing Jeongin with a soft blush on his cheeks. The older takes the image of a blushing Jeongin and puts it next to the flying one, feeling warm at both recent events.

It's Jeongin's turn to wrap his fingers in between Seungmin's while picking up the discarded black bag and the giant stuffed animal. It's a little surprising as Jeongin swings their hands, but Seungmin doesn't question it and lets the younger pull him home.

A silly smile plants itself on Seungmin's face when he hears Jeongin humming quietly under his breath. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last that he's surprised at what bubbles can do for his youngest lover.