give me love

eight letters

give me love: ed sheeran

 

Seungmin has three black bags, and one giant stuffed animal in his hands when he steps foot on University property. He has everyone but Woojin's present in hand as he's scared he'll crush his eldest lover's gift.

Odd looks come from many people as he waddles through campus with too many things. People point and talk, but no one comes up to him to ask questions.

For the first time since he's been a student here, he's cursing how large everything is. To effectively reach Changbin's building, he would need to cross the central courtyard and Hyunjin's building. Hopefully, he would be able to drag Changbin out of his hidden hole so they could get Hyunjin who was most likely drowning in music and complicated footwork. 

As he passes the Student Center, he makes a split second decision of putting the bags he doesn't need away. He's thankful that Woojin had told them about the lockers on the second floor that could be rented out to students.

A cold rush of air hits him when he walks inside. Students mill around talking to each other or rushing in different directions. He looks at the stairs before just staring at them. It would take too long to walk up the stairs and put what he doesn't need away, but then he wouldn't have to walk all the way to Changbin's studio with both arms full of things. He sighs.

"Seungmin?" a voice calls out startlingly the said male.

He peeks over his shoulder to see dark hair and a face similar to his. He lets out a small smile.

"Wonpil hyung," Seungmin greets. "Hello."

Wonpil looks at Seungmin's hands and motions to them. "Do you?"

With a sheepish smile, Seungmin nods. "If you don't mind."

The older man smiles and grabs one of the bags and the stuffed animal. "What is all of this for?" he asks as they climb the stairs.

Seungmin hums. "For everyone at home. It doesn't seem to be a good day."

Wonpil doesn't question anything as Seungmin leads him to where the lockers are. As he walks, he begins to sift through the bags, looking for the three items he'll need.

"Where are you headed off to first? Aren't you supposed to have classes today?" Wonpil asks when they're next to the lockers.

"Today wasn't a good day for them, hyung. I'm needed more as a boyfriend at the moment, and I'm going to Changbin hyung's studio."

Wonpil raises a brow. "He's still here? He said that he was going home last night."

Seumgin's mouth forms an o as he fiddles with the lock, making a small noise of excitement as he opens the locker. "You saw him? He told us last night that he wasn't coming home. Something about finishing a project for his company."

Wonpil sighs when he looks at his phone. "He's going to work himself to death."

Seungmin gives a tight smile. "Not if I can help it," he says grabbing the single bag and closing the locker. 

"I know. Just look after you and him okay?"

"I know hyung."

Wonpil leaves after a couple of seconds of angry texting, smiling he walks away, leaving Seungmin to his thoughts. Wonpil's words were honestly something he didn't want to think of. At least not yet.

He looks to the bag in his hand and wonders if this would be enough for Changbin but more importantly, what if it was wrong? What if Changbin kicks him out of his studio and calls Seungmin a nuisance for coming all this way?

What if?

What if?

What if?

Seungmin notices the panic creeping up his hands, but he shoves it back down. He doesn't have time for this. He needs to complete his goals for today.

When he's sure that he's calm, he turns on his heel and rushes out of the Student Center, needing the fresh air. He breathes it in through his nose and out of his mouth like he did with Jeongin in the morning. He feels himself calm down the more he pushes the thoughts away and promises to deal with them when he's not trying to finish something.

The walk to Changbin's building doesn't take to long for him to complete. He passes the large Music Department sign and opens the door. He's greeted with various musical instruments and people yelling. People line the hallways, running into and out of classrooms, talking to their friends or professors. It's slightly overwhelming for Seungmin as his own building has quiet students who line the hallways with books in their faces, mumbling lines out loud.

Hi eyes land to the corner of the room is a large bulletin is. Walking over, he already thinks he knows where Changbin is, but maybe he's gotten a different one this time.

He's proven wrong when in black ink is Changbin's name followed by the number 156 on the second floor. With a quiet sigh, he begins his walk again, not paying attention to the loud voices in the background. The moment he takes a step on the second floor, it's like everything has changed. The atmosphere is ten times different from before with silent halls and not a soul in sight.

The number begins at 120, and soon enough, he's standing in front of room 156.

In his head, he pictures Changbin hunched over a soundboard, the same melody playing repeatedly. He sees the frustration on the other's face before hitting the board a couple of times before going back to work like nothing's changed.

When he raises his hand to knock, the same panic from earlier is there again. What if Changbin tells him to leave and not to come back? He would do it but not without feeling utterly useless because of Changbin was going to yell at him for coming all this way, wouldn't Hyunjin do the same thing?

No Seungmin, he tells himself. Everything will be okay.

He knocks a couple of times when he finds the studio, but there’s no answer. He waits a couple more minutes before knocking again. When there's no answer the second time, Seungmin opens the door, heavy bass fills his ears. It’s no wonder Changbin didn’t hear the knocks as the producer has large headphones on his ears. Tired dark eyes stare at the screen while the cursor moves around the screen.

Changbin’s back is straight as he keeps himself upright against his chair. The cursor stops moving when he throws his head back and groans, startling Seungmin who’s staring.

While he loves Changbin just as much as the others, he can’t help but love him a little more watching him work in his element. He knows the other needs his rest and he hopes what he brought him will help, but there’s just something about watching Changbin working that brings a smile to lips.

He’s distracted, and he knows it so he clears his throat, hoping the other can at least hear that. But no. Changbin’s head stays thrown back with his eyes tightly shut.

Seungmin reaches into the plastic bag before placing it on the chair in the corner. He stares at the box in his hand with a gentle tug of his lips. He turns back to have Changbin watching him with wide eyes as he takes off his headphones. Seungmin hides the box behind his back, laughing softly at the shocked look from the other. The elder’s mouth is open in surprise like he can’t believe Seungmin is standing in front of him. It quickly turns to confusion as he didn’t call Seungmin to come and get him, but then maybe someone else did?

“Min?” Changbin questions and Seungmin laughs a little louder this time.

“Hi hyung.”

“Wha-“

Seungmin clears his throat, that feeling of panic filling him again. He takes a deep breath and chant to himself 'this is Changbin, and he's not going to tell him to leave.'

“I thought,” he swallows, “I thought I would bring you something. You’ve been here for a while, and I know you’re busy, but you need to rest.”

The look in Changbin’s eyes softens as he sees Seungmin playing with the hem of his shirt. He reaches for the other, smiling when their fingers locked together. He brings their hands to his lips, pressing a soft kiss against Seungmin’s knuckles.

“You didn’t have to come all the way here,” he says. “I know your class is on the opposite side of campus.”

Seungmin shakes his head, squeezing their hands. “I’m not going to class today, hyung. I have people to take care of today. Important people.”

Changbin looks surprised again, nearly dropping their hands. “What?” he asks and Seungmin giggles. He leans down and presses a kiss to his forehead.

“I'm an affectionate boyfriend today. While I know that you know I love you, today I’m trying to shower all of you with affection and attention.” He reveals his other hand with the medium sized Pokemon box. “I know that you’re busy and as much as I want to bring you home, I know that you’re not going to want to come just yet but hyung,” he pauses squeezing the hand in his, “you have to rest. The computer isn’t going to leave for a couple of hours, and I know maybe now you can use a fresh mind.”

Seungmin smiles at the end of his small speech, hoping that it somewhat brings Changbin a little of home with it. He really looks at his hyung, noting the pale face and tired eyes his accustomed to seeing. He wants Changbin to know that while he’s happy that he’s following what his heart desires, he misses him. He misses seeing Changbin laughing with Felix as they cuddle on the couch, making faces at each other before calling Seungmin to come and join them.

Changbin takes the box from Seungmin’s hands, laughing at the cover. He runs his fingers over it, and Seungmin knows he picked the perfect present.

When Seungmin was thinking for Changbin, his thoughts went to Gyu, his Munchlax plushie when he thought of a sleeping mask. A Munchlax sleeping mask. It would be something he could take to the studio with him to cover his eyes when he got a little tired. He wasn’t sure if Changbin would like the eye mask, but from the ringing laughter and smile, he loves it all just as much as Seungmin hoped he would.

Looking at Changbin’s smile is enough for a Changbin sized piece of anxiety to flutter away.

“You- I love it,” Changbin says placing the box on the table next to him. He says nothing else as he pulls Seungmin more into his arms and presses his face into the soft fabric of his shirt.

Seungmin only smiles and presses soft kisses into Changbin’s hair, holding the older one as tightly as he can. He loves the feeling of having one of his loved ones in his arms, as he feels the tension fade out of his body. He doesn’t mind the soft caress of Changbin’s fingers against his back and instead relishes in the feeling.

The more kisses he places in the other’s hair, the more silent wishes he puts against his scalp. He places hopes of rest and a little bit of peace followed by tiny bits of inspiration that the prouder desperately needs. He wishes Changbin’s higher-ups give him a little bit of a break from working so hard and they like what Changbin has been working so hard on.

The final wish Seungmin presses on Changbin’s head is that the older feels the love he has in his heart. That Changbin feels the emotion Seungmin believes he lacks and that he knows how much he means him. His heart can only wish so much, but this is his most important wish.

The hold on Seungmin’s waist lessens but not by much. As if not to hurt Seungmin’s stomach, Changbin places his chin against it and looks into the dark pools of Seungmin’s eyes. The younger finds himself blushing but leaning down and pressing a soft kiss against Changbin’s lips.

One kiss becomes two and two becomes three.

Seungmin hopes these kisses give Changbin as much love as he needs until he gets home to be smothered with more love and longer kisses.

“Let’s go home,” Changbin says rest his forehead with Seungmin's. The elder's words surprise Seungmin. “I want Seungmin cuddles, and there’s no bed in the studio. Plus I can use my new sleeping mask.”

Seungmin smiles and presses another kiss against Changbin’s lips liking the sound of Changbin cuddles when he gets home but it'll have to wait. There’s still much more do to on his list. More people to give little things to and cuddles to be delivered.

“After I finish,” he says, “and then cuddles.”

Changbin pouts but nods, knowing fully well that when Seungmin has his mind set to something, he’ll follow it until it’s complete. He just hopes everyone else is ready for quiet, affectionate Seungmin.