Chapter 2

The Man of My Dreams

When we got at the resort's lobby, it was my brother and his other friends who settled everything while I sat there waiting, awkwardly, with Mingyu. To my surprise though, he was not even paying any attention to me, instead he was busy playing with his phone. Not that I wanted him to pay any attention to me, please don't get me wrong. So minding my own business I decided to stare blankly at the floor. That carpet had a very intricate pattern, yes indeed. Okay... Who am I kidding? This ! I should've at least brought my books to make this whole trip less boring for me.  I was actually busy mentally bullying myself for being so stupid when I heard my brother call for Mingyu, needless to say it brought me back to the real world, where the devil's spawn is lurking, hiding underneath my brother's disgusting flesh. 

"The rest of us will go back and get the rest of our things in the car. You and my sister go ahead. You both look... Uhhh... Tired." says my brother as he handed Mingyu the keycard to the suite we were staying in for the rest of the vacation, to which Mingyu just looked at him in a weird way. Kind of like he was taken aback by all that was mentioned. Smirking my brother left the two of us along with their other friends. After quite some time staring at the keycard, Mingyu then finally turned to get all our luggage, he quickly made his way to the elevator. Catching up with him, I got a glance of the perplexed expression written all over his face. It made me want to ask what was it that was bothering him, but I was never the type to talk so I looked away from him in which he then slowly turned to face me with that blank expression again.

Oh if you're going to kill me, please do it quickly! 

After that gruesome elevator ride with creepy Mingyu, who seems to find his little joys in life staring at point blank range at my face, I finally made it out alive at the 8th floor. I swear I could've died in there, if not by his doing then by the horrible elevator music. Not knowing I was holding my breath for the last who knows how long, I finally let it all out, stopping for awhile, breathing in and out, also letting me have a safe distance from him. When I finally catched up on him he seemed to have forgotten I ever existed. "806... Alright here we are." he says, more to himself than me, because he just went right in and closed the door before I could even get one foot touch the room's carpet. "Uhm.. Hey! Mingyu..." I knocked at the door once and he opened it immediately. "So that's how my name sounds when you say it." he cooed as I entered the room, making me want to bolt out of the room again and jump right into the next train and leave the forsaken place. Being in that room made me feel like an offering to the devil because I was being eyed like I was going to be ripped out of my skin any minute. I swear I would kill my brother in his sleep tonight if his little friend tries to go near me or does anything funny.

Half an hour later, I was still alive but alone with him. Shifting nervously in my seat, I finally found my voice. "I think I'm going to go get some fresh air." I hope he did not notice the crack on my voice when I said that, I was indeed afraid of him. He then shifted his gaze from my face to the giant window by the living area, where if he kills me there, would be very ironic. Slowly standing from his seat he says something incoherent. Dear, God! Was that a chant?! Is he going to eat my soul now?!

"You know," he then speaks a little louder as he opened the windows. "I know you're terrified of me." he smirks.

. Can he read minds?!

"Nope, I cannot read minds." he chuckles a little as he leaned by the wall. Then if you cannot read minds, why'd you answer that?! "You know, you're funny." he started walking towards me. "I swear I can't read minds," he ruffled my hair. "It's just your many facial expressions when you think that gives it all away." he added as he finally left me there alone in the entire suite to think of my stupidity and how embarrassing I actually was. 

 

 

Deciding that it was pointless thinking of how lame I was I finally decided it was best to just take a nice long bath, before the others arrive and ruin everything for me. Finally satisfied with all the bubble bath I poured into the tub, I got right in. I finally found the peace I was looking for. Too peaceful, I again drifted to sleep.....