Chapter 1

The Man of My Dreams

You know those times when you make plans about how your day would and should be, that you actually get all giddy and somehow hopeful, but then something goes wrong to your dismay and you end up all alone wondering why you even bothered in the first place? That's kind'a how this is. The only thing that kept me from killing myself and everyone else during our final week in school was the idea of having an amazing vacation spent at home, in my room, peacefully reading all the books I possibly could. Happiness was almost mine, I swear I could almost taste it, until 3 days before the said vacation my older brother , Wonwoo , decides to ask my parents if he could go on a 3 week long trip with his friends. I couldn't care any less until my parents decided that they would only allow him to go if he takes me with him too. Of course, I went ballistic over this, but being the shy awkward nobody that I was, I was not able to voice out my rage. A simple "why me?" was all that I managed to quietly ask. "Because, honey, you never go out of your room." was all the explanation I got.

News flash though, I have very valid reasons why I never go out of my room. I even have a list. But to sum it all up, all these involve my non-existent social skills, not that I don't have any friends, I actually do; one loves to people as his way of showing affection, the other is pretty much a lazy free-loader who just eats, sleeps and himself. Yes, I'm talking about my pets, stop judging. I just hate people, specially those that should not be allowed to breed due to them being special kinds of stupid. Luckily for me,note the sarcasm, I have one of those people in my life. He goes by the name Won-freakingidiotic-Woo. 

 

"Hey, do me a favor and be a normal person for once." he says to me before we leave the house. "Don't embarrass me in front of my friends, else, your is going straight home." he adds seriously. "Typical , you don't know how much I want my at home." I silently commented in my head.

 

 

The trip was hella long and hella noisy that it actually made me dizzy and even more furious. Wonwoo and his friends were all making bad jokes, mostly stupid puns, during the trip but what made me even more annoyed was how one of his friends whom I've never seen before, just kept staring at me throughout the whole trip. He must have been judging me like crazy, from head-to-toe. I tried ignoring him, hopeful that he'll soon get bored and quit, but instead he just kept staring. So I finally asked him what was wrong and he just gave me a stupid grin, then he finally quit and put his headphones on as he closed his eyes. Deciding that doing the same as him was a better way to spend the rest of the car ride than listening to Wonwoo's very bad jokes, I took my earphones out and set my iPod's volume to its maximum. Slowly, I drifted to sleep and there I met him again...

 

Just like last time it was the same place and same person standing before me. He looked at me with those same brown beautiful eyes too. I've seen him many times in the past, but he never said a thing to me, not even once. All he does is stare at me and smile. He had this boyish charm about him, that was of course irresistible. The way he would smile the moment he lay his eyes on me and how he would not even look away the moment I do. It's amazing how I'm not even having any hints of insecurities whenever he looks at me and that makes me feel comfortable. Obviously, for a person as insecure and secluded as me, I fell for this feeling. That feeling of acceptance and comfort.

 

But for every fairytale, the clock strikes to 12 and then just like that the magic wears off. 

 

I woke up to the sound of my brother telling me that we'll be arriving at the resort in 20 minutes.  Obviously very pissed about being woken up when there was still 20 minutes left, I groaned loudly at him, forgetting that there were other people in the van as well. Deciding that this was funny, they all laughed hysterically again, except for that new guy.

 

He was again staring at me blankly, as if he had no soul inside him and wanted mine. Yes, that sounded very creepy but it was the only way to describe how creepily he was staring at me. I was about to beg him to stop when he reached his hand forward to get my bangs out of my eyes. Not used to such contact with any human being aside from my parents, I froze with eyes as big as saucers in return. After doing so, as if he did not notice my reaction, he turned his attention towards my brother and their friends and finally chimed in with their conversation like nothing happened at all.

 

As soon as we arrived at the ski resort and got off the van, I heard my brother call him Mingyu. Finally knowing his name I made a mental note. Terrified and absolutely traumatized, I wrote down in my mind, in big bold letters: AVOID MINGYU AT ALL COSTS.