The Change

The prey in the ZOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A/N - This is a double update, go to the chapter "Home is where you are" first <3

 

 

The week has passed.

 

Kibum had no idea how it passed so quickly but it did.

 

During that week, the boy has found out that Minho has already gone through the change so surprisingly, he spent a lot of time with the man, trying to get all the information he could get. Minho himself wasn’t very sure how it felt. He said he doesn’t really remember. Everything before and after the change was clear in his mind but the change itself was just a hazy blur of pictures. However, he did say that he feels amazing and his life with Taemin is even better than before. He told Kibum to stay calm and believe it will happen. Because trust and belief were the most important factors during the change.

 

The boy had no reason not to believe it since he even saw Minho in his animal form. As it seemed, the animal form was picked by personality even when it came to the change. Because Minho was beautiful, black mountain lion. People told Kibum that he would pass for a Cheetah but Jonghyun’s mother assured him that he would be a wolf, just like Jonghyun. Because her son was the true Alpha and his fated mate was to be the same so another true Alpha could be born.

 

During that week, Kibum felt like he was at home with his own family. People accepted him right a way and kids loved playing with him. Key seemed to be the most favorite person in whole village because he was beautiful, smart and very kind. He tried his best to help with work, collected all the information about the village and the life outside. He spent fair time with everyone and got to know people while evenings and nights were reserved for his lover.

They have kissed despite the warning Jonghyun gave him the first day. They kissed everyday and they couldn’t keep hands off each other. There were situations when either of them had to abruptly stop because they could feel that they were dangerously close to go further than they should and they ended up frustrated. And yet, they enjoyed it a lot. Both men enjoyed getting closer and not just by physical contact. They talked a lot and got to know each other’s likes and dislikes and hobbies, too.

 

People explained to Kibum how a mate should behave. There was a lot of freedom, of course. But Jonghyun’s mate should attend some matters with him. Should support him and give him advices if he can. Since there are things happening out of the village, Jonghyun was supposed to solve those which are connected to village and its people. And during the time that the wolf would be away, Kibum should stay in charge.

 

Surprisingly, the boy didn’t feel pressured or scared. On the opposite, he felt ready to be there for Jonghyun and the village.

 

What surprised the boy, however, was the knowledge that apart from shapeshifters, there were many things out in the forest that didn’t belong to the village and could cause harms. That’s also why the guards were appointed to watch after the forest. These things were dangerous but shapeshifters were still the most powerful. Especially in groups.

 

Kibum also got to talk to the man who caught him in the forest. He found out that the male was actually a boy. He was 2o years old and his name was Dowon. He was pretty chill guy and funny one, too. He apologized for his behavior but Key told him it was okay. He couldn’t know that what Key was saying was true. The veterinarian asked the boy why did he offend him and Dowon was pretty honest with his answer. “Because you’re human. I have always thought that the legend was just legend and his fated mate would be powerful shapeshifter.” He said back then but he also added a statement that made Kibum smile. “But now I understand. You are beautiful and kind and also brave. Once you become one of us, you will be very powerful.” It was a compliment and Kibum appreciated it.

 

 

 

 

 

Today was the day.

 

Kibum woke up early in the morning to wash himself in a river called Spiritual pond. The male was told that the river will wash away all of his past debts and will clean and polish his memories so he would never forget them. The river would also give him a strength to go through the change. It was a river where all the spirits left their power for people to use with good intentions.

 

After washing himself, Key was taken to the dining room where he was served fresh fruit, vegetables and a meal. The food would give him the energy to exchange his body and to strengthen his soul.

The meal was delicious and if he could, he would have eaten more but the women serving him food said that this is the exact portion he needed.

 

Once he was energized with food, he was supposed to visit Jonghyun’s father’s grave with his mother. It was such a weird feeling to kneel over a grave of someone he didn’t know. However, Kibum could feel the spiritual presence of a man. It was a powerful feeling and he was left shuddering when he felt like someone has just patted his shoulder. Jonghyun’s mother assured him that it meant acceptance from the father.

And since he was accepted by the previous head of the clan, Key had to drink a wine with his future mother. The boy was not a fan of wine but the one he drank tasted heavenly.

 

When they came back from the visit, Key was dressed into simple, comfortable clothes. Clothes similar to ones which newborn babies in the village wore because Kibum was about to be a newborn member of the clan. Jonghyun was nowhere in sight but Taemin explained that the wolf will be waiting for him in front of the spiritual tree. He had some routine to go through, as well, after all.

 

Kibum’s heartbeat got faster as they were nearing the said spiritual tree. It was said that the tree was home of all nature spirits and gods which helped the change to happen. Maybe in the past, Kibum would have never believed something like that. However, living in this village opened his eyes and Minho’s change showed him that it was real and it was possible.

 

“You’re shaking.” Taemin squeezed his arm while walking with him and Key hummed.

 

“I’m nervous.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter