City ₪ Four

CITY 127 ₪ nct ff

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4f39764f626450757570524836413d3d2d3738303030353937342e313563306438353131313139613336623339323439393135333930362e706e67

"That was fun. I never thought working like an adult is satisfying." Jisung says suddenly as we are now heading towards the back door where we will meet Jeno. Chenle agrees as he was with my other side, "Sister Angel is really like an angel to people. Don't you think so?"

"Agree to that!" Jaemin answers from our behind, Renjun remained silent beside him. Soon, we reached the back door where Jeno was leaning his back on his pick up truck probably waiting for us.

"Hey.." He said, he eyed each one of the boys and lastly, me. "Come on, let's go home."

"Home?!" Jisung was shocked, he couldn't believe what he have just heard. "No, I don't want to go home Sister Angel. I don't want to go back to the Orphanage.. I want to stay with you." Suddenly, Jisung starts to encircle his arms around my body.

I could feel the sadness all over Chenle's eyes but he managed to be silent. I turn to look at Jaemin and Renjun who had the same expression on their faces. Suddenly, I heard Jeno's chuckle. "I mean, we are going home together. My house."

Is this what Jeno meant by helping me out to take away the boys?! "Wait a sec, Jeno-" "Just get them inside, we'll talk later." He gestures a calm expression in which I was really shocked with his sudden plans. I had no choice but to follow, I watch as the orphans brighten up their moods, they were extremely happy and excited as ever. Though I could not see their faces because of the masks, their eyes explains clearly.

Jeno opens the backseat door, one by one the boys came inside the truck. I was left staring at them, I could not even move my feet from the ground. "Get in the truck now, Gel. We wouldn't want someone get us caught now." Suddenly, Jeno leans to whisper on my ear.

Tension covers my body and in a quick pace, I jog towards the passenger's seat as I settle myself inside the truck. I could hear the orphans conversing how they see themselves living with Jeno and I, they were excited but half of me feels nervous at the moment. I don't want to frown nor show weak emotions infront of them, nor want to show up a clue of what was really going on.

Jeno and I did not spoke to each other, we remained silent through out the whole drive to our home except for the orphans who never stops showing their excitement for their new home.

As soon as we reached the house, Jeno parks the truck just infront of the yard. I unclasp the seatbelt, assisting the orphans as they get off the truck one by one. "Wow, is this your home Sister Angel?" Chenle asks, the four of them bobbed their heads to examine the place.

I chuckled softly, "Jeno lives here, I was just adopted by his mother. Come on, I'll introduce you to Mrs. Lee." Jeno was the last one to get out of the truck, carrying the bagpacks with him which contains the supplements. "Welcome to your new home." He speaks brightly.

The Orphans smiles can't be written, we followed Jeno from behind as we walk and head inside the house.

Upon the living area, Mrs. Lee was watching the television while doing a cross stitch. "Mom, we're home." Jeno announced by the doorway. Mrs. Lee placed the cloth down as she stood up from the couch, her eyes brighten on the appearance of four boys in between Jeno and I.

"Oh my, are these the boys from the Orphanage?" She asks, Mrs. Lee would often visit the Orphanage since last year which made her realize the boys with us. "Good day Mrs. Lee," Renjun hands in for shake but Mrs. Lee embraces him instead. I smiled on the sudden interaction from the two of them, it's like I am seeing a mother and a child embracing each other in security. "Come.."

Mrs. Lee asked for the three boys and one by one she embraces them. I can clearly see their eyes wobbling in tears, obviously ever since they got themselves in the Orphanage they never felt anything like this. A mother's embrace. I was happy to see Jisung being embraced by Mrs. Lee, I know he longs for a mother's care and I do too..

I was about to jerk a tear out of my eye but Jeno was already beside me, "Let's go upstairs." He whispers. I know this time we'll talk about what just happened. Jeno and I let Mrs. Lee and the boys converse in the living room and I could see how much they were already starting to share some funny stories together and that they weren't aware that we left.

As soon Jeno and I reached my room, he stood by the window view as he places both of his hand on his waist. I did not let him start the talking despite he owes me an explanation. Hence, I started off. "You have simply put us in danger. I told you, I'll be the one to take them away. But you just brought them here. If the Westercourts knows about this, Mr. Han would simply destroy you."

He looks at me, loosen up from his grip. "Those children, they are important to you." He breathed, "I.. I just realized that if I were in your position, I'd do the same way. I'd definitely take that important person away even if I have to risk everything."

"But Jeno, I don't want to bother you nor Mrs. Lee. This was my decision at first and you did not have to help me out to this extent." I express my remorse.

Jeno took one more step closer, closer enough to take my breath away. He place his palm on my cheek, his pupils were trying to communicate to me as well. "I am doing these things because not only I care for the orphans, but because I.. I don't want to see you sad anymore. Your happiness means alot to me ever since, Gel."

I remained deadpan as hell, my heart starts to roar up as it does some somersaults. I know my cheeks starts to fluster, I could feel my blood rush up as I grab his hand trying to take it off from my cheek. I don't want to be obvious at all but he did not take his hand off from my cheek. Instead, he brings himself closer to me even more.

He leans forward, I could already feel his breath as our lips would almost touch with each other. Out of sorts, I pull myself as I avoided what it seemed to be a kiss. I immediately sat on the bed side, I couldn't even dare to face him. What's going on? I like him right? Why did I avoid him just now?

I keep my head lower to ground until I felt the bed moved, he sat beside me as he took a syringe on his bag. "J-Jeno.." I gasp.

"Stay still." I watch him gently taking my arm, injecting my forearm with a supplement in which I haven't had since this morning. I could only stare on his serious emotion as he sunction me. "There. You should always take your supplements in the morning. Understood?"

He spoke but he did not bat an eye on me, even after he finished injecting me. He throws the empty syringe into the bin, "Get some rest for now. Don't worry, I'll take incharge with the orphans for you."

I could feel my heart empty as I watch him walking out my room without even looking at me nor get to see him smiling like the way he used to do. As the door shuts close, I heave a sigh as I place both palms on my face. What have I done? I keep on rejecting his words and actions ever since he told me that he likes me. I like him too but there's something that hinders me from confessing my feelings for him. I don't know why..

I lay my back flat on the sheets as I could already feel the urge to sleep. My vision becomes blurry and the last thing I could remember in my mind was Jeno.

...

There was a bright yellow ember, I could see it even miles above from where I am. I stare at it for a second but I could not last longer because it actually causes pain in my eyes.

It was beautiful. I've never seen such beauty right infront of my eyes.

But the actual beauty sets pain when you stare at it. How could such a beauty brings you pain?

The yellow ember came close, it gets bigger every second. I could feel my body sweating way too much, my skin even trickles on how hot it gets.

I close my eyes. But it still brings pain into my body. I could feel myself burning and ripping as I started to shout and ask for help. Help. Help. Help.

I screamed out loud until someone pulled me out from the monstrous flame infront of me.

I fell into the unknown's body, 

I was trapped below him. 

I could not see him because of the bright ember reflection,

but the only thing that flashes within him is his eyes.

His eyes turned neon green in just a moment.

No, left eye.

No, now his right eye. 

But now it's the left eye.

For what it seemed ten seconds, my head was feeling hefty as I could only stare on his eyes that changes its color until everything turns completely dark.

...

I pant as I woke up from my sleep, I was sweating enough that my shirt already absorbed them. I prompt to sit upright as I try to recall my dream but I can't simply remember it, but I could only feel pain right after that.

My head was feeling hefty, but I lift my head to look above the wall clock and realized that it's already six in the evening. I slept for almost half a day. I've never slept that long and usually if I take my supplements I'm having a hard time to sleep. Or was it really a supplement that Jeno drugged me this morning?

I immediately jump out from the bed as I head down the staircase, just like the moment I left Mrs. Lee and the Orphans this morning, they are still gathered in the living room watching some movies except for Jisung who fell asleep on Mrs. Lee's lap.

I realized that Jeno is nowhere to be found, "Come join us, Sister Angel. We are watching The Avengers. Mrs. Lee said it's the best film ever back in the year 2000s." Jaemin said, taking notice of my appearance. I smiled, I've already watched the sequels of that movie for like three times already.

Jaemin, Renjun and Chenle were lying on the floor. They were busy watching the film that even Chenle did not notice me. I sat on the other couch just beside them, "Where's Jeno?" "He went back in the Institution an hour ago." Responds Renjun, still focusing his eyes on the screen.

Out of sorts, my phone suddenly rings. I took it from my pocket as I excused myself and went to the dining area. It was Jeno. "Hey, why didn't you-"

"Listen Angel," He abrupts me from speaking up, his voice seemed in a low tone but more likely he was hiding from something. "T-The Westercourts are now looking for the Orphans. They are on their way-" Suddenly the call drops as I try to call his name multiple times.

What is going on?! Jeno, is he alright?! My mind wanted to explode as I could not even think well. His last words put me into adrenaline as I could only do one thing. Leave the City of Ashborne.

...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f387950654334375943384e6b79513d3d2d3738303030353937342e313563306438346566643363396136313239383032333534323330352e706e67