Sunrise Hotel

Sunrise Hotel

“Jiyun? What are you doing here?” Jeongguk asks, looking at me. “Didn't you get a room?”

This is Jeongguk's room...

“Yeah I did, I'm just uh, looking for a friend.” I say, scratching the back of my neck. “By the way, do you happen to know who stays in room 1115?”

“1115?” he questions, blinking a few times. “That room has been vacant for as long as I can remember.”

“Ah I see....” I say, looking away from him, then looking back at him again. “Well sorry to bother you, are you with someone right now?”

He smiles. “Yeah, but that person's not in at the moment, just left a few minutes ago to see someone, but I think they'll be back soon.”

I nod and apologise for disturbing. He dismisses it and shuts the door gently.

Maybe he left...

But...

I still have a feeling he's in here... I don't know...

Sighing in frustration, I walk towards my room and unlock the door with my key. I enter the big fuzzy looking room. It has a big king sized bed, table and chairs, a couch, a closet, a TV, and a bathroom.

“Hmm, cozy.” I say, shutting the door behind me and throwing my bag onto the bed. I fall into my bed and relax for a moment.

So far, I've met Jisung, Felix, Lia, Jeongguk and that brat Yumi. They've all said things that got me thinking really hard... Like maybe some of them like Jisung, Lia and Felix could provide me more information about Taehyung...

Damn, I can't ask so much though, they might get suspicious. Jisung already showed his dislike upon detectives as I've figured out when I was talking to him earlier, so I don't wanna snoop around.

I'll just stay here for a week and see what I can find out about Taehyung. If nothing comes up, then I'll just forget about him and continue my life as it is. If something does come up... I won't hesitate to investigate more. I was a detective once so, my skills haven't faded away completely yet.

And who knows, maybe I'll meet more people during the dinner who could maybe help me out with my search for Taehyung.

With these thoughts in my head, I sit up on the bed and my bag. I pull out my cellphone and call Seokjin.

He picks up within seconds.

“Hello Jiyun, nice of you to call me.” he says, his voice sweet and tender.

“Hello handsome, let boss know I'm already here. Everything is settled and I'm staying for a week.” I say.

He chuckles on the other end. “Sweetie, you're always so hardworking and filled with stress, you sound stress. Why not take a warm bath darling? You should rest more.”

I scoff. “Huh, yeah right. A bath won't help me now.”

“You seem tense sweetheart, did people piss you off?” he asks, and I can imagine him smiling like he always does when he asks me questions like that.

“There was a girl on the stairs, she kinda gave me a hard time.” I say, lying back down on the bed. “I thought I would never be able to call you.”

He chuckles once again. “Oh sweetheart, you can always call me anytime and anywhere. I'm always around.”

That's right.

Seokjin never leaves his desk or his office. The only time I ever saw him leave was during the holidays. Other than that, he never leaves. It amazes me how he can work so much and still look and sound happy.

Maybe he's just faking all that to not disappoint our boss...

“You tell me to rest more, but do you get any rest?” I ask, moving my arm to cover my eyes.

“Oh I have my times, don't worry about me darling.” he tells me.

“When will that package arrive?” I ask.

“I double checked with the company and it is to arrive in two days, so you don't need to worry yourself sweetheart. Take a good rest, away from work and stress and your bad memories. I'm sure you have a lot of them.”

I chuckle. “Yeah, right.”

“Don't think I don't know about your past sweetheart.” he says. “Have you not heard the rumours about you?”

I sigh. “What rumours?”

“You were a detective back at your old job, and quit because you shot your boyfriend,” he says, his tone still as sweet as ever. “Or maybe you were a fake cop working for the mafias, the rumours surrounding you are endless.”

“Hmm, let them say what they want. I don't care about that anymore.” I say, sighing.

“You wanna know what I think?”

“Sure Seokjin,” I say. He always had a way to make people feel better that man. And I wanted to hear it now.

“I think you're just a sad girl who quit her job so she didn't need to remember the pain she caused herself. I think you're just getting this one week off to search for him. I know Namjoon won't be happy with you staying so long, but hey, you need it, I'm sure. Go rest. Go find that boy, he must still be in the hotel, you just need to try harder sweetheart.

He must still be in the hotel... I just need to try harder..

“Yeah,” I say, nodding. “That sounds about right, and yeah, I'll keep looking.”

“Alright sweetheart, when the package arrives, give me a call.”

“No problem handsome.”

“I do love it when you call me that sweetheart,”

“Likewise. Have a nice night.”

“You too Jiyun, have a good rest tonight.” he says and ends the call. I put my phone beside me and breathe in deeply before letting it all out.

He's still here... Even Seokjin has faith in that... I guess if he still has faith, I should too.

I sit up quickly and just as I'm about to move towards to bathroom to take a shower before dinner time, the room phone rings.

It's probably Jisung.

I pick it up and answer it. “Yes?”

“Jiyun? This is the front desk.”

“Jisung right?”

“Yes indeed, flattered you remembered my name.” he says, clearing his throat in the process. “Listen, I forgot to collect the money from you earlier, so if you could be so kind as to pay up, it'd be gladly appreciated.”

“You want me to do it now?”

“Of course not. You don't have to pay up now, but of course if you happen to stop by downstairs during dinner time, paying would be appreciated.”

I nod. “Okay Jisung, I'll remember that.”

“Alright good, and if you happen to take a bath, I would advice you to look out for spiders.”

I widen my eyes and quickly look towards the seemingly clean bathroom. I gulp. “I'm sorry what... Spiders...?”

Jisung let's out a laugh. “Just kidding. I just like scaring people. There's no spiders, I promise you.”

I sigh in relief but frown. “It's not funny Jisung.”

“It is kind of. Another person in room 1119 has arachnophobia, and she started crying once I scared her. Her name's Yumi.”

Her name's Yumi... ah so Yumi is staying in room 1119.

“Oh yeah, I met Yumi along the way.” I say.

“She's quite nice isn't she?” he asks.

“I would hardly think so, she's a brat.” I say, remembering the interaction between me and her from earlier.

“Oh but she's very kind I promise,” he says. “That poor girl... She has some health problems and had to leave her boyfriend. Honestly, that's really sad.”

She has some health problems and had to leave her boyfriend... No wonder she kept saying ex boyfriend earlier, she left him. Is that what she meant by she caused him great pain?

“Ah, I see, that's pretty sad.” I say.

“Yep. Anyways, I'll hang up now. Do enjoy dinner tonight. Goodnight now Ms. Kim.”

“Goodnight.” I say before the line goes dead.