Sunrise Hotel

Sunrise Hotel

I walk out of the lobby and into the lounge towards the flight of stairs, but before I do, someone comes out of the ballroom which is located just a few feet behind me. I turn my head to look at whoever it is, and I see a young woman holding a mop in one hand. She doesn't notice me and wipes her sweat. "Ahhh.. my my that ballroom is quite big~!"

Someone else comes out of the ballroom. It's a man. He chuckles at her and shuts the ballroom door while pushing a mopping cart towards her. "Yeah, well thank God we got that cleaned up, or else Jisung would skin us alive."

The young woman giggles cutely and when she sees me, she smiles. "Oh, hello there, I don't think I've seen you around before?"

The young man also turns to look at me. "Ah, you must be a new visitor. Are you perhaps lost?" he asks. His voice is soft and I don't really know why but I can imagine him singing.

I shake my head and turn my body completely to face them both. "Ah no, I'm not. I was just going to my room. My name's Jiyun."

"Oh yeah? Did you get room 1111?" the young woman asks, making her mop lean against the wall.

I my head to the side. "And how did you know that?"

"Jisung tells us everything," the young man says, hands on his hips. He has very slender fingers. "He told us that the man who used to stay in room 1111 gave up his room for the next person who came, and since nobody else came instead of you, you must have the room."

So they know about it too huh...

"I don't suppose you two remember that man's name do you?" I ask, half hoping they would remember.

They both shake their heads. The young woman looks at me with soft brown eyes. "Jisung always referred to him as 'the Kim guy', we don't even know his real name, only Jisung does... Unfortunately he lost the sign up paper."

"Yeah, he told me that." I say, sounding a little sad. Quickly shaking away my thoughts, I smile at them. "Are you two Jisu and Felix by any chance?"

"Oh yeah, we are," Felix says, smiling widely. "Her name's Jisu but we usually call her Lia. You can call her that too."

"Ah I see," I giggle. They both bow to me as they start walking away from me and into another room.

"Well it was nice meeting you Jiyun." Lia says as she walks past me. I turn my attention back on the stairs and start walking up.

I take a few steps up and see a young woman sitting on the steps. Instantly, I notice her long golden brown hair and white dress. I blink a few times to make sure I'm not looking at a ghost.

She seems to be playing with something in her hands. I would guess it was a phone, but there's no light illuminating from her hands. A little bit worried, I call out to her.

"Hey um, you okay?"

She picks her head up to look at me and relief rushes over me when I notice it's not a ghost. She looks like she's around my age with big brown eyes and thin red lips. She smiles at me.

"Am I blocking your way?" she asks, her voice is so soft I can barely hear her.

"Um no, not really, but I'd appreciate it if you could move." I say, trying not to sound rude.

"I won't move." she says.

I raise an eyebrow. "Um, you don't really own these stairs do you now?"

"And what if I said I did?"

"I wouldn't believe you."

"Well too bad," she says, pulling her hair away from her face. "I'm still not letting you throug, you seem dangerous."

I blink.

Did this brat just call me dangerous?

"Listen kid, I don't have time for this."

She tilts her head to the side. "Kid? I'm 19."

"Like I said, kid. I'm 20."

"I'm sorry, did I ask for your age?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

She's pissing me off. I really don't need this right now.

"Look, why are you even on the stairs right now? If there's a logic reason, I'll understand."

She looks down at her hands and sighs. She seems sad. "I broke a small glass bottle my ex-boyfriend gave me years ago and the bits and pieces are all lost around here somewhere, and I don't want anyone to step on the glass bits or the small shells that was inside of the bottle."

Hmmm... Ex boyfriend huh?

"If I help you look would you let me pass?" I ask, looking at her.

"Yeah, I have no business to do on these steps anyway." she says, getting up and looking around for her missing glass bits and shells.

I start looking around the stairs for any shiny bits and shells. She looks as well, but she's looking for them way more frantically than me. What's her problem?

I pick up a few shells I found and when I'm about to give them to her, I feel my shoe stepping on something soft. I look down and move my leg away to see what I had stepped on.

It's a small heart made out of strong glass.

I pick it up and put it in my other hand of shells. "Hey, little girl."

She stops and looks at me. "My name's Yumi."

"Cute. My name's Jiyun. Here, I found a few of your stuff." I extend my hand out to hand her shells and heart to her. She takes them and smiles at me widely, her dimples showing.

"Oh thank you so much," she says shakily, almost as if she's crying. "Oh god if I lose these... The memories will be all gone..."

"Your ex boyfriend? Why do you want to remember him?" I ask, taking a few steps up. "Sometimes, it's good to forget the people who caused you pain."

She doesn't say anything until I'm on top of the steps. "He didn't cause me pain, I'm the one who caused him pain, and I need to pay for it, by staying far far away from him."

I halt in my tracks and look back at her, but she already went down the stairs.

I'm the one who caused him great pain... It sounds like what I did to Taehyung... Geez.. this hotel has me relating to so many things in one hour I can't believe it.

I shake away these thoughts as I slowly make my way to room 1114. I know it's not my room but I want to know if Taehyung's in one of these rooms. I stand in front of room 1114 and with shaky hands, I knock on the door.

A few seconds later, someone opens the door. I'm immediately taken aback and shoot my head up to look at who it might be.

Taehyung....?