01.

Friends? what a joke.

《Coffee and Jealousy》

 

These days, Haechan has been spending more time with Taeil than me and I couldn't help but feel a bit envious of their interaction. It used to be me and him but now, it's him and hyung. 

I tried to impress him, called him cute constantly, and was a little bit more accepting of his affection but he wouldn't look my way for more than a split second. I sighed from disappointment and maybe grief. I didn't know how to describe it, I had a strange desire for him to be mines. 

I take a sip of my coffee and realizes that it was bitter, it wasn't mines. 

"Yo dude! you just dranked my coffee", Johnny says in english like he usually do to me. I sneak a look at Haechan to see if he was looking but no, he was still talking to Taeil hyung. I slide his drink back to him and he sips it while side eyeing me. 

"Hyung it was on accident, I thought it was mines" I say back, still looking at Haechan. He hasn't paid any attention to me today and it was already half past noon.

"ah that's why", Johnny says pointing his index fingers with his coffee cup in his hands and then he slowly but dramatically raises his cup to takes another small sip. He gulps it down like it's sweet, honestly don't know how people can drink black coffee. 

"what?" I asked in a curious manner. 

"your problem", he whispers, "it's Haechan right?" and then he lets out a giggle that he does when he's amused. 

"what? no dude" I could feel my face flushed. I lightly punch his upper arm, he must be joking, like he always does. I fidget unconciously, nervous, and Johnny catches onto it. He lets out another giggle.

"you're so obvious", he takes another sips out of his coffee, and then realizes that it's all gone.

"i'm gonna go get a refill", he gets up halfway before sneaking a sly look at me then he looks across the table. "Taeil hyung, can you come with me to get a refill? I don't know thai that well" 

I facepalmed, his excuses were always the same but Taeil agrees like always. Now the only person at the table was me and Haechan. He wouldn't look at me, he just sips on his drink and looks at his phone. I was starting to think he was ignoring me, the silence was real but I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was beautiful like always. I unconciously started to trace his every feature from his eyes to his plump lips. I realized that his bangs were slightly covering his eyes, they've overgrown and he should get them cut soon before they get too long. 

"Haechan, you should get a haircut", I say casually. He doesn't give me a proper reply and nods, looking at his phone again. I decide to ask another question to keep the conversation going. 

"uhh you should also dye your hair, maybe a lighter color", he frowns and nods again. He wasn't talking to me, he was just giving gestures. It was making me frustrated, just why was he acting like this. I decided that I should just keep to myself, realizing that he probably isn't in the mood to talk to me. I look over at the front counter and Johnny catches me looking, he winks to which I made a disgusted face, this hyung was so cringey. He then mouths something that I didn't catch on, I kept mouthing for him to repeat it. I could feel him facepalming at me on the inside and that thought made me laugh. Loud enough for Haechan to look up from his phone. I noticed, he was looking at me then stared at Johnny with a frown. His brows were a little scrunched up but immediately went back to a relaxed position. I could not figure out what he was thinking. 

They walked back to the table and Taeil suggested that we go now and we all agreed. I have to admit, our coffee break was a bit longer than usual. We spent more than an hour at this cafe and Taeyong was probably waiting for us to come back to the hotel before heading off to the arcade and then getting some drinks. The kids were obviously going to have to drink apple juice unlike the adults. We were currently in Thailand for a vacation before the start of another busy comeback schedule. Ten suggested that we come so he could visit his family but instead of spending time with us, he goes with his family. As expected of him, but he isn't to blame. He misses his family since he hasn't seen them in months, so close to a year though. 

The view was nice from our hotel room, we could see the city and the street vendors below, the motorcyles driving by. It was so peaceful and the air was a lot fresher too. I was sharing a room with Haechan and Johnny but one doesn't speak to me while the other one bothers the hell out of me. 

"Mark!" Johnny calls out from the bathroom, "Do you want to come with me and Jaehyun to the pool?"

"dude, I'm lazy", I walked over to the counter where the television was and grabbed a book before climbing into my bed that technically wasn't mines. It was Johnny's. He sleeps by himself while I share a bed with Haechan, who was sound asleep right now. He's catching up on the sleep he never had enough of. 

"suit yourself, you probably wanna stay here with your man" He then laughs, I didn't. 

"it's not funny hyung". He peers from the bathroom and laughs, sarcastically, in my face. 

"not my problem" he says, I rolled my eyes. This hyung was annoying, extremely. He walks out of the bathroom and grabs his towel off the chair next to the counter. He was wearing a white tee and orange shorts that reached his mid thighs. 

"Hyung, those shorts are way too short". He smirks, "well Ten likes em' like that". 

I mouthed an ew and he saw, he threw his towel on me which knocks out not only my vision but also my book. We both laughed but were careful not to wake Haechan up from his beauty sleep. 

A ring goes off on Johnny's phone, a message, "alright, I have to go. Laters"

"don't come back", I say sarcastically before hitting the books. I looked over at Haechan, he was sleeping with the blankets covering his whole body, from legs to neck, like he was cold while it's the hottest time of the year right now in Thailand. The only thing sticking out was his clump of brown hair.  At least he was comfortable, I think to myself.

I heard him shift and turn towards me, we were making eye contact. He was looking at me with his doe-eyes. 

"hyung, can you come and sleep next to me? i'm really cold", he says softly. I stared at him with confusion. 

"so now you want to talk to me?" he frowns.

"please", he says desperately. 

I gave in, I couldn't resist at all especially when he says it in that manner. "alright"

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So this story is mostly based off of dialogues and the beginning might be a bit slow but it'll get there. This is my first time making a Markhyuck fanfic so I hope that you guys, who are reading this, enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.  <3