CHAPTER 1: LIKE OOH AHH

Literature Genius, Love Noob
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Little Giuseppe sat on the grass comfortably while looking at the clear sky. His sight is fixed on a certain cloud with the shape of a rose. He raised his right hand just above his eyes to cover the bright sun, thinking, what will become of him from now on. Paris seems to be a little too much for him for the city of love is,"

"incomprehensible of—" no, delete, delete.

"a very comfortable place except for him—" no, no, not this too.

"too cringy for his taste—" I am so getting a failed mark with Park Jinyoung.

"draining the hell out of the author."

With a frustrated grunt, I closed my laptop. It has been two days since my professor gave me a chance to make a better revision of my story yet, I can't even think of a proper plot. Getting drowned with the random love songs I played on my phone, I'm trying to picture out the messages implied by the lyrics. Not long after, I felt a sudden shift on the couch I'm currently throning. The culprit removed the earphone attached to my right ear and begun bombarding me with how busy I am.

"Mitang, you've been dating your laptop for days. Pay attention to Satang too!" without looking at the squirrel, I can tell that she’s already pouting while wearing her convincing puppy eyes.

With a sigh, I responded, “Sana-chan, I really am in a big problem right now. I needed to make a love story just to pass my subject and I ain’t romanticist.” Now it’s my chance to get all pouty.

“But I thought you’re not fond of love stories—“

Eyeing her seems like getting all my reasons into her senses. She made a big “ooh” with assuring me that she’s now well aware of my despair. “Mitang, you’re doomed.”

I leaned on the arm of the couch before dealing with her statement. “Yeah, thank you for reminding me.”

“You know Mitang, why don’t you ask help from Nayeon and Jeong? They might help you with your problem. You know, getting a story from those who already experienced it?” with a slight shaking of my head, I frowned. “Nah, I wouldn’t make a romance out of them. They would be probably tragedy or something else. There’s never a classic lovestory in my field with Tom and Jerry as the characters.” 

“Mianhae, Mina-chan, can’t help you with that. You got a pal here who is not going to fall in love anytime soon.”

I sighed for the last time before giving her my assuring words. “You don’t have to worry about it, Satang. This is my project afterall. I’ll be watching lots of movies again no matter how cringy they are.”

“Aniyaaa! I won’t let you get all introverted again! Look at you. You need some sunshine, a little bit of fun, and socializing. You’ve been really stressed since you started working on your project. I miss my Mitang and it’s Friday! We don’t have any classes tomorrow.” the blonde haired girl clung to my arm convincing me to have a break.

“I don’t know. I’m not really into parties and all. For starters, I’m a homebody.” I tried to defend myself since I really am not in the mood to go out. “Come on, can’t you give eonnie a favor just this once? Momo is out of town and there's no one to accompany me later this night. What if something bad happens to me?” she knew exactly that I can’t resist her sweet voice. It melts me everytime, not to mention she used her eonnie card on me.

“Fine, fine. But I won’t be drinking any of your preferred drinks. I’m fine with water.”

Later that night I was wearing a not-so-conservative dress. Sana also told me to not wear my eyeglasses since I might definitely lose it. With nervous hands, I never stopped sticking beside Sana. She took a seat by the front, near the bartender and asked for a cocktail. The bartender asked for my drink and I politely asked for water. After drinking a reasonable amount of liquid, Sana excused herself to the comfort room leaving me uncomfortable on my spot. 

People can’t leave me alone for a single minute
I’m so pretty
I make everyone smitten
No matter where I go, the floors are red
Like walking down a red carpet
Everyone is staring at me

Two guys sat on both my sides as they eyed my uncompetitive drink. With a disgusting grin on their faces, one of they asked the bartender vodka for three. 

One is for certain; I have no intentions on talking with anyone right now. Loud music and suffocating smell of alcohol is definitely not my taste. I had mentally noted to not agree on any invitations like this again, even if they bribe me with some Heinz ketchup.

“I see you’re a newbie here, Miss…” the guy on the left paused, expecting me to say my name.

“Sorry, my parents told me not to talk with strangers. Excuse me, I’m going to look for my friend.” As I was about to stand up, the other guy who just received his vodkas held me back into my seat getting me all tensed up.

“Not so fast, missy. It would be such a disrespect if you’re not going to drink this when I expected us to have some talk and get acquainted somehow.” His filthy hands landed on my exposed thigh, dangerously nearing in between it. I immediately shooed it away earning a creepy chuckle from the both of them.

“Oh come on. If you really have to go, then we would appreciate just a drink and we’ll let you go.” The guys is not actually convincing when he said that. With lots of hesitation, I slightly nod and they handed me the small glass full of vodka.

Some people ask “Who’s your mama?”
They take a fresh approach
But I don’t feel a thing
But I wanna fall in love with someone
Wanna fall in love baby
Listen up my boy

I emptied the bottle and I have to say that the impact is quite strong. It’s vodka afterall. With weak control over my body, I tried to stand up. Oh no, I can’t.

They looked at me with smug grins and handed me the same drink. “Tasty, right?” I’m trying my best to regain the control over my body, heck, I could even feel my phone vibrating but I’m too dizzy to unlock it. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter