CHAPTER 3: GOING CRAZY

Literature Genius, Love Noob
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes: Some parts of the lyrics were altered to match the pronouns used for each characters. Too much fluffs and corny pick-up lines. Pardon the geeky puns.

 

prince

noun | \'prin(t)s\

1. A person to protect Myoui Mina.

2. Princess Myoui's genuine lover.

3. Im Nayeon.

 

Oh no, oh my gosh why am I like this again?
I slowly approach you, when I notice your alone
I prepare myself
To act cute around you but now that
I’m next to you, I don’t know what to do

The professor isn't around but he left us something to do. This must be my unlucky day since I left my laptop at home. Now I can't use the time to work on my project. What a very wrong move.

I heard some footsteps getting closer to my place. The room’s door opened with a loud bang, revealing a figure of a friend I’ve known a lot; Im Nayeon.

She rushed to my side and took the unoccupied seat. “Gosh, I thought I’m late!” She managed to say in between her pants. “Technically, you are but fortunately, the big boss isn’t around. He did leave something to do though.”

opened in surprised showing her two cute front teeth. “Oh wow, I rushed for nothing." A cute pout follows. She opened her phone to check for our professor's seatwork. Her pout grew bigger as she shifted her sight from her phone to me.

"Minaaaaa, can you teach me how to do this?" She tried to convince me with her whiny aegyo.

"What are the available options?"

"Yes or yes."

"Wow, that's a lot of options."

She just shrugged after a soft chuckle. Her handy pink notebook partnered with her cute stylish pen has been served in front of me leaving me with no choice but to entertain the older lady.

I heaved a sigh before I start discussing.

“Alright, first off, there are three kinds of chemical bonds. Have you heard about it?” I looked at her as I expect a response.

“Uh-huh.” She nods before giving further words, “Ionic, covalent, and metallic.”

I shifted back my focus on the paper as I wrote down her answers. “Great, ionic bond happens when an element would have to give an electron to stabilize the other one. This happens between a metal and non-metal element. The element which losses the electron becomes positively charged and the one which gains the electrons becomes negatively charged. The second one, covalent bond, occurs when pairs of electrons are shared by atoms. Only when two atoms of the same element form a covalent bond are the shared electrons actually shared equally between the atoms. It satisfies what we call the octet rule. A pair of electrons that is not shared between two atoms is called a lone pair. Metallic bonding on the other han—”

I am trying to explain with my very best until I heard a giggle.

“Yah!” Eonnie’s two front teeth are showing. “Are you even listening?”

“I am. I just find you cute whenever you geek out like that.” I slouched on my seat with a slight pout. “I’m not geeking out, eonnie. For Pete’s sake, I’m tutoring you for free.”

“Minaring,” she frighteningly but sweetly called me out. “I want to be a non-metal element," Her smile grew, I looked at her intently, “so I’ll receive your electron and make you positively charged.” She does an aegyo that honestly melted me. Oh no eonnie, I’m soft.

But somehow you are the one
Who acts cold towards me
Don’t know why, don’t know why, no
I don’t like it when you’re being so mean
But what can I do?
I still like you

“See? I made you smile.” We chuckled together. But time is running and we seriously need to focus on this seatwork. “Alright eonnie. Oh, the first problem is quite easy. We just need to make an illustration of H2O’s bond. Just 2 atoms of oxygen by the right side and one atom of hydrogen—”

“Forget hydrogen, you’re my number one element.”

“Eonnie!” I puffed my cheeks to make my blush less obvious. How could she even say something like that when I'm trying to be serious? I may not be a chemistry enthusiast but I really want to finish this course. Oh well. I ignored her flirtatious lines and finished the first problem. However, when the second problem popped out, I raised an eyebrow. Nayeon eonnie took a look at the culprit. “It’s impossible to bond, hmm.” I bit my lower lip thinking of how to answer it.

“Oh, this one’s easy.” Nayeon eonnie blurted out. Wow, I guess she did learn from our little discussion earlier. “This is probably you.”

“Eh? Oxygen and neon?”

“Yup, you’re the ONe.” Her flirtatious smile came back.

“Oh shut up, Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter