CHAPTER 2: DO IT AGAIN

Literature Genius, Love Noob
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hangover.

Of all the things I least wanted to deal with is this stinging pain on my head accompanied by the high-pitched voice of this squirrel.

"Minaring, I'm really sorry for bringing you there, did anyone touch my poor penguin? Did anyone kiss you? Who harassed my Mina? Tell me, tell meee!"

I let out a soft groan before massaging the temples of my head. The older's figure appeared from the kitchen, offering me a hot coffee to lessen the pain atleast.

"Satang, will you please stay still? I told you, it's fine. I'm safe, thanks to Chaeyoung."

Unconvinced, she reached for the wallet I left on the table last night, placing something inside. "Here, so if it's going to happen next time, you surely are protected." My eyes widen in surprise, the pain in my head seems to get worse the moment I realized what she just placed in my wallet.

"Bloody hell, Sana! Why would I need a for protection?"

With a slight tilting of her head, she innocently reasoned out, "What? You're a grown up now, Mitang. I knew you'll be reaching this age so you also need to deal with your needs!"

Deal with my needs? Eh?

"...and for the grace of Heinz ketchup, why do you have one?!"

"Oh, it comes free whenever you buy an item exceeding 1 dollar in the nearest convenience store." Her chuckles filled the room as I surrendered to the pain and laid my head on her lap. "That's really, really weird Satang. It's not like I'm ready to do 'it' with anyone."

"I told you, it's just for emergency purposes." I felt her hands massaging the temples of my head and it's really soothing. Her chuckles followed. Although the other Japanese in this room is unreasonably clumsy, she still tries to justify the fact that she's older. She didn't fail to take care of me and I am so grateful with that. I really don't know what to do without Sana around.

“It’s Saturday, Mitang,” She initiated a new conversation while I hum in response.

“I’ve been meaning to tell you this but I think I’ll have to postpone it for today since you’re not in the good shape.” She pursed her lips and suddenly the mood changed. I started feeling guilty since I had a clue that something important for her is going to on happen. It's Saturday and weekends for her means she's going to be busy over something but being the eonnie that she is, she’d rather take care of me.

“Are you going to attend an event or something?” I asked in a low, solemn voice.

“I was supposed to. But don’t mind about it, I will be catching it next year instead.”

"Next year?"

Her eyes shifted away from me trying to get away from the topic. "Satang, what is it, really?" with seriousness in my voice, I looked straight to her eyes. “It’s going to be my interview today for degree program shift. I’ve wanted to reveal this when the interview is a success but I think since I’m not going, I’ll let you know anyway.”

She showed me a congratulatory letter of application and an invitation for her interview which is dated today.

I frowned. Who wouldn’t? I don’t want to be the cause why my friend won’t be able to reach her goals. It’s her dream for Pete’s sake. I got up from her lap and pulled her to the bathroom. I forcefully pushed her in and closed the door from the outside,

“Minatozaki-san, you got thirty minutes to take a bath. I’m going to prepare your things.” I can hear her whines resonating from the bathroom but I proceeded to do my task while still being under the pain of hangover.

Sitting on the couch while waiting for the older girl to finish, I reviewed the time and started setting up my laptop to continue my two-week long revision chance. The interview is by 10 in the morning and it’s 8:37 am. She can still make it, I hope. Suddenly, a wild squirrel fresh from the bath appeared.

“Minari I told you it’s fine! I won’t let you stay ALONE in this place with a deadly hangov—“

We were both distracted by the creaking sound of the door.

“Uhh, did I miss something?” The culprit innocently asked. I turned back my sight to Sana. “Well, I guess I won’t be alone for the day.” I mockingly remarked.

“UHH *HONTONI?” The blonde rushed to her room in disbelief. The newly arrived Momo turned to me with curious eyes. “What is that all about?” Too lazy to explain, I just shrugged with a grin.

*“SHIMATTA!” A fully dressed blonde came out of her room rushing to the door.

“Gosh, Satang. Language.”

“Good luck! Bring home the bacon and eggs!”

Momo and I said simultaneously.

“Japanese. Yes, thank you.” The leaving girl replied from the outside.

The newly arrived girl blinked twice before settling down on the space beside me.

“Where is she going?”

“Interview, she’s kinda accepted to shift courses.” I handed her the letters Sana showed me earlier and I got some hums in response. Her eyes wandered on my laptop. “Is that the same project from the last week?” she keeps on interrogating and I just nod. All of a sudden, I heard her tummy growl. “Should I order some jokbal? I knew you haven’t had one in a while since you visited Japan.” I offered in our native language. I can sense that she’s about to decline so I can’t help but to say the magic words, “My treat.” then there’s an obvious glistening in her eyes.

“Call.”

Minutes had passed and the ordered food has arrived. I was focusing on my project so Momo volunteered to do the paying courtesy of my wallet. However, I am welcomed by a wide-eyed Momo when I looked up.

Oh sh*t, the .

The delivery boy's cough caught our attention and the older girl rushed to pay for the bills. When the jokbal is neatly placed on the table, the tension is still high until Momo decided to break it.

"Did you—" She pursed her lips.

"Mina, I—" She shook her head a little and flashed a weak smile.

"I—" She's hesitating on what she's going to say next.

"I didn't know you're into boys. Who's the lucky guy?" She started digging on the jokbal.

"Look, Momo, it's not what you think it is, ok?" I turned my gaze from my laptop to her.

Momo is crying.

"H-hey! What's with that reaction? Are you crying because you saw a on my wallet?"

She wiped her tears but it kept falling still. "No, I just can't believe that you're growing way too fast. You've even given it up without me and Sana knowing." She managed to spill in between her sobs.

My head throbs not because of the hangover. It's long gone since Satang left our apartment. However, I'm having a headache since I find it hard to explain things with Momo. I started with a deep sigh, hands kept off from the keyboard of my trusty laptop.

"Momo, look at me." She dithered but still shifted her eyes to my direction.

"Satang wanted to give me a break last night so she invited me to go clubbing. But things happen and I was almost harassed by two guys. Luckily, a staff helped me get away from them and even sent me home. I'm safe now. Satang was not convinced that it will not happen again in the future so she placed 'that' thing in my wallet, saying that I might need it in case of emergency as if I am into boys—"

Both our eyes widen with my last line. I didn't expect that I will be coming out this way. I mean, right, I'm gay. But I don't plan on dating someone anytime soon.

Silence covered the room until Momo tried to end it.

"So 'that' thing is because of Sana?"

"Yes."

"And you did clubbing last night without me."

I pouted, not wanting the memories of the two pranksters, "Yes."

"But you came home safely.

"Yes, good thing."

"And you're gay."

I slowly nod my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter