Chapter 6

Breaking Free

"Hey mark..."

"Hmm?" Hanbyul pouted

"Did I do anything wrong?" Mark's brows creased in confusion.

"Not that I know of. Why?"

"I don't know, but that freshman seems to be glaring at me every chance he gets." Hanbyul muttered sadly.

"Ssst. Are replacing me with a freshman?" Mark dramatically clutched his heart.

"What? But no one can replace you." Mark froze and hanbyul laughed aloud.

"Jokes on you." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Ok everyone! Stop chatting!" The student council president announced through a megaphone.

"I need your cooperation guys so that we can have our intramurals a success!" Everyone cheered.

"So I want us all to unite to set uleverything up! We'll assign random people to do a certain assignment ok? Is that clear?!"

"Yees!" Everyone chorused.

"Good! Now check the bulletin for your group! Now move!" She used the sweet tone at first but she bared her fangs as she ordered everyone to move.

We shuffled on our way to the bulletin and I squinted to look for my name.

"We're in the same team byul. Let's go." Mark grabbed byul's hand and lead her to where they were assigned to.

"What is she doing here?!" Byul looked at her back to see if someone else was there but there was none. She pointed to herself and the guy scoffed. Hanbyul didn't understand but she felt her heart ache seeing him angry at her.

"I don't want to team up with her. She doesn't seem like she can't be trusted." She saw a guy trying to calm his friend

"Jeamin-ah, how can we know if she can be trusted or not if we don't work with her." Jaemin.. that name again. Hanyul was in trance as she stared at Jaemin's face.

"Then I'm not going to do anything." He stubbornly sat down and crossed his legs. Mark was going to clearly give him a piece of his mind since we're still older than him but I stopped him.

"It's ok. You can sit still if you want then." I nodded and smiled at the others who were awkwardly listening to the whole exhange.

Despite his declaration of not helping, hanbyul saw jaemin actually foing work discreetly and she can't help but bit back a smile.

Since everything is set, hanbyul went over to jaemin to thank him but the latter just ignored her and walked away.

"Byul." She turned to mark and jeno, Jaemin's friend who tried to calm him down earlier.

"You have to know something." Mark looked serious and byul was nervous.

"What is it?"

"The idiot jisung just called me and I can't believe he forgot this big thi—"

"Mark." He cleared his throat.

"It's better if he tells you." Jeno smiled weakly at me then we sat down at the side and he began telling me the things I should know about. I gasped as I recalled the memory of my brother's name. I had a hunch but I had done so many times and failed many times so I doubted myself.

I stood up and immediately searched for jaemin. She found him near the gazebo.

"Na jaemin. Do you really hate me cause you think I can't be trusted?" Hanbyul gave him a smile but her eyes were b with unshed tears.

"You idiot! Jeno told me everything! Why didn't you approached me when you recognized me?" A tear slipped her eyes and jaemin don't know what to feel. She came closer and he took a step back, his eyes stinging.

"I missed you so much." She sniffe as she caressed his face. He was frozen.

"I'm sorry I could not get back to you. They found me when I was looking for food. I had stray them away from you to keep you safe."

"N-noona." Hanbyul hugged her brother who hugged her just as tight.

"We tried to get back I swear but you were no longer there." Hanbyul sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I thought wrongly of you."

"Shh. I understand." The siblings reunited and poured their frustrations out to each other and resolved any misunderstandings.

Mark and jeno was also teary eyed at the sight. They knew what they both have been through. Mark snapped a photo of the siblings and sent it to jisung and his noona won't be back to him anymore to which the latter replied he's coming over asap. Mark laughed and went near the siblings along with jeno.

"So I guess, I have a chance now that your heart's at ease." Mark cheekily smiled but jaemin was being overprotective with his sister

"Not on my watch." Hanbyul giggled and mark sighed exaggeratedly.

"You're getting there." Hanbyul assures mark and kissed his cheeks as she dragged jaemin away before he can react.

Mark was frozen and slowly touched the cheek she kissed.

"H-hey. W-wait up!" He stuttered, chasing them. He caught up to the four just in time for a panting jisung to arrive.

"She's your sister but she's still my noona too ok?!" Jisung declared to jaemin who laughed and nodded.

Together, five of them went to watch the group who's performing on the stage. NCT Dream.