Chapter 2

Breaking Free

Hyerae just finished creating the matching charm bracelets for her and her brother.

"There." She put it on her brother's wrist and smiled as she showed hers to him.

"Noona, why is your prettier?" Jaemin pouted.

"What? It's just the same silly. Just different colors." Jaemin's face scrunched up displeased making hyerae laugh.

"Ok fine, let's switch then." Hyerae removed the bracelet from him and put it onher wrist and took her and was going to put it on jaemin's wrist when she her arm was harshly yanked up by her dad.

Hyerae's eyes widened. When did he get home? They thought he fled when he was gone for a couple of days now. They even worry their food is gonna run out but it's better than having him here.

"Follow me you brat!" Hyerae shook her head and put more weight to hold him back and held on to the foot of their bed.

"You brat!" A stinging pain came across her cheek, she can taste the blood on making her let go of the bed.

"Noona!" Jaemin stood up, finally pulling away from his shock. Hyerae panicked when jaemin made a move to come close.

"No! Don't come here!" She cried as her father dragged her down the stairs where a man is waiting.

"She's all yours!" Hyerae was pushed to the ground by her father, landing by the guy's feet.

Hyerae looked up to see the guy smiling creepily at her and when he was about to pick her up, jaemin ran past through their dad and kicked the guy where the sun don't shine making him drop to the ground groaning.

"Noona ppali!" Jaemin grabbed her hands and she scrambled off the ground.

"Get them you fools!" They hear an angry growl.

Jaemin and hyrae were hand in hand as they ran away with no direction. They didn't stop running til their feet ached and their side burns, afraid that they'll be caught.

"Over there!" Hyerae took the lead and pulled jaemin behind a huge oak tree.

They both panted and sat down on the ground. Hyerae took a peek to found no one chasing them. She sighed and let her back rest on the tree trunk.

They don't know how long they stayed there but the sun has begun to set. Jaemin clutched his stomach.

"Noona, I'm hungry." Hyerae frowned. She's hungry too but they don't have any money to buy food.

"Ok. I'll find us something to eat. Just stay there ok?" Jaemin nodded.

Hyrae carefully walked around the area to look for food. She was loosing hope when an elderly woman saw her and motioned her to come.

"Are you lost little one?" Hyerae bit her lips.

"I'm hungry. My brother's hungry.." she turned to the tree not too far from the bakery.

"Oh dear, where are your parents?" The lady frowned.

"My mother died." Was all hyerae could say.

"Ok. Let me get you some food." The old lady turned around and hyerae tiptoed.

"There she is!" She heard a yell from the distance. Her eyes widened in fear seeing two men come for her.

Hyerae left the shop and started to run away from the goons. She stared longingly at the tree where they hid and closed her eyes shut, turning to a different direction, straying them away from jaemin.

"Wait for me jaemin-ah." She whispered to herself as tears pooled her eyes. She couldn't see the way well with her tears blurring her sight. She stripped and fell on the ground.

She wiped her tears and shakily stood up when a hand grabbed her hair making her squeal in pain.

"You pesky little brat! Your father owe us and you're the payment!" Hyerae struggled to get free and but they were too strong and big while she was so small and weak.

She almost consciousness and they were able to carry her away. She gave the tree one final glance before she totally passed out. As long you're safe.

Hyerae woke up when the car came to a stop. She can't go in there. She knows she'll never able to get out once she do.

"Heeeeelp!" She screamed and thrashed hoping someome would hear.

"! shut her up!" Someone tried to cover ger mouth but she bit hard into it, making her teeth sink, she can taste a bit of blood.

"You !" Before the hand could hit her though, someone had stopped it.

"That's a kid you jerk!" Hyerae don't know what happened but she knows she's safe now.

She was going in and out of consciousness, aware that she's in a vehicle? An ambulance?

"My brother..." she slurred.

"Lay down kid, we're almost there." Hyerae shook her head no

"I need to go back to my brother" she groaned

"Brother? Was he there?" She shook her head no.

"I'll take you after you get treated." She looked at the kind man and shook her head

"They might've found him. I need to go." Hyerae sat up abruptly but her world spinned. She helplessly told him where she left jaemin and he nodded, taking her hand gently and patting it

"Ok. We'll stop by there, it's on our way anyway." But when they got there, jeamin wasn't there anymore. A tear escaped hyerae's eyes and she finally let go of her body. The man caught her before she hits the ground though.