Chapter 5

Breaking Free

Days went by quickly and we fell to the same routine again.

"Flowers?" Hanbyul rolled her eyes at mark and he chuckled.

"What? It's a candy."

"Still not giving up?"

"Nope." He said popping the p

"I... I don't really know when I can reciprocate what you feel for me mark and I don't want to lead you on or something like that." She frowned but the latter just smiled.

"I'm not asking for anything in return hye—byul." He still got used to calling hanbyul by her original name, hyerae.

"Just let me be. Maybe you'll find a guy you'll fall inlove with, but since you're still free, just let me show you how much I care for you. I'm not expecting anything in return byul." That warmed her heart. As much as she wants to be with mark already, she can't. She feels like she don't deserve to since she can't find her brother yet.

"Yah jaemin wait up!" Byul snapped her head to that name. She saw a freshman running after another freshman.

"What is it?" Mark asked in concern.

"Nothing.. I just thought I heard that name somewhere." Byul's heart pounded. Could it be?

"Come on, it's time for p.e we'll have swimming class." Byul managed to smile, standing up and gathering her thing to go change into the locker.

Mark and her looked at each other when they saw it's not only the ninth graders there but the freshman too

"Ok class! Gather around!" Their p.e teacher blew his whistle and told the class they'll be having joint classes with freshmen.

"You know the drill guys! Put your things in." Hanbyul clicked her tongue. She forgot to leave her charm bracelet on her locker so she had to surrender it.


•••

"Dude your crush is right there." Jeno joked and jaemin scoffed at him.

"I told you it's nit like that!" He don't know but he shudders at the thought of him having a crush on the girl that caught his eyes since the opening.

The instructor was walking their way for them to surrender their things and put it in a small basket for phones or accessories.

Jaemin didn't put in anything but something caught his eye.

"Wait. Who owns this?" He picked up the familiar charm bracelet. He could never forget that. It was too similar to be just a coincidence.

"This?" Their instructor took teh item and examined it.

"Ah, it belongs to park hanbyul." He pointed to the girl who he had set his eyes on. That explains it! That's why she was so familiar.

Anger bubbled up inside him as she stared at her. She looks well and happy. He scowled her way. Hanbyul must have noticed his dark aura so she looked at him.

She gave an awkward smile but he returned it with a glare. He walked out and jeno quickly followed his brother.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Jeno flinched when jaemin punched the locker.

"It's her." He seethed in anger.

"What?" Jeno was confused.

"It's her! My sister!" He spat the last word bitterly as if it were poison. Jeno sighed.

"Do you want to approach her?"

"Why should I?! Look at her! She's all well and she doesn't even recognize me!"

"You didn't recognize her at first too."

"Who are you siding with?!" Jaemin's brows furrowed at jeno.

"I'm not siding with anyone. I'm just saying she must've had her own reasons why she did that." Jeno tried to make jaemin see the bigger picture but the latter was being drowned with his hatred.

"Bull! I don't care what her reason is! It does not justify that she left me there to die!" Jaemin's voice echoed throughout the male locker room. He changed back to his uniform and decided to cut classes.

"Wait." Jeno was about to follow him out when a guy stopped him.

"Sunbae." Jeno bowed in respect.

"I can't help but overhear your conversation earlier... but may I know the name of the girl you're talki g about?" Jeno was hesitant to tell this stranger.

"I just think I can help. I'm jisung, you might know my sister, well we're not really blood related but yeah, my sister nonetheless. Park hanbyul." Jeno's eyes widened and that confirmed jisung's suspicions. He eyed the guy who ran out and sighed.

Noona. Your real brother's here. Jiung thought silently.

"Sunbae, do you mind telling me what happened?" Jisung smiled and nodded

"Tell me how you found him too?" Jeno nodded and they walked side by side, exchanging information.

"They need to know." Jeno sighed sadly.

"I don't know. Jaemin believes she abandoned him. He's kind of hard headed when it comes to her."

"Don't worry. They'll fix this. We'll just have to be there to support them and knock senses to both of them if they're being stubborn." Jeno chuckled and agreed.