Dinner

Stronger Together

The sound of spoon and fork clashed into each other was heard across the dining room. Hyukjae's family and Donghae were together for a dinner in a fancy restaurant. Hyukjae's dad booked the particular restaurant for a day to have a decent family chat with his so called beloved son whom he just slaped 4 months ago. Yuna's family couldn't join the dinner due to an emergency meeting her dad needs to attend back in Seoul.

It was too silence. There were no sound of children running or customers chattering among themselves like what Donghae used to hear whenever he goes into a restaurant. The tense atmosphere made him lose his appetite. But nevertheless, he slowly shoved the tasteless steak into his mouth, chewed it and swallowed it. He wanted to break the tense environment, but he was scared of what might happen, so he chose to keep quiet.

"What do you want to talk with us hun?", Hyukjae's mom asked Hyukjae or better known as Eunhyuk, eventually broke the silence.

Eunhyuk became tensed at the question. He slightly shaking below the table. Donghae who was sitting beside him noticed his changes of expression and behaviour, put his hand on Hyukjae's hand, hidden below the table cloth to calm him.

Donghae signalled Eunhyuk to tell him everything will be alright with a cheeky wink from him. Eunhyuk giggled a bit. He felt butterflies in his stomach.

Hae's smile really brings warmness to his heart. He took a couple of breathe before decided to answer his mom.

"What if.. I oppose this marriage? What will happen then? What if I run? Mom, dad?", He asked, waiting for an aswer with a pounding heart.

Mr Lee, (Eunhyuk's father) was tired of all of this. ".. then you're no longer my son Eunhyuk.", he spurted it out without thinking twice. He couldn't understand why Eunhyuk opposed this marriage so much. His wife was shocked when she heard the answer. Never once she thought of abandoning her only son because of a marriage. She carried Eunhyuk for 9 months in her stomach, raised him by herself. She could never abandon Eunhyuk. Ms Lee (Eunhyuk's mom) stood up in shock, "Honey?! What are you talking about? Eunhyuk is my CHILD. You could never---", she emphasised the 'child' word before broke into tears. How heartless can her husband be?

Eunhyuk was speechless when his dad decided to abandon him. So, Yuna and the business are far more important than him?, he thought to himself.

Sora and Donghae looked into each other. They were in a great shock, hearing what Mr Lee had said. There were a glimpse of tears in Donghae's eyes. His dad passed away long time ago and how he misses him so much. And Hyukjae's dad spurt the word 'abandoning' so easily like that?.

Impulsively, Eunhyuk threw his napkin on his dad's face and ran away from the dining room. He was crying. Disappointed, heartbroken and anger. There were a mixed of feelings.

Donghae stoned for a while on his seat, before he put the pieces together inside his head. He came back to his sense and quickly ran to Hyukjae to catch him and calm him. Like what he usually did back then in Mokpo. He was always there during Hyukjae's sad times. He knew what Hyukjae needs, it is him and his warm hugs.

----

"Hyukkie!! Hyukkkiiieee!!!", Donghae kept on screaming his name while panting and running around the area of the restaurant. He smiled when he saw the familiar back, hunching by the river. He approached the figure. He backhugged the sad monkey infront of him.

"Hyukkie.. it's dangerous you know?", Donghae wiped the tears of his sad monkey.

"Dad never thinks about my feelings, Hae", Hyukjae burried his head deeper inside his arms.

"Hey.. hey hyukkie listen we should-- WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!??", just when Donghae wanted to comfort Hyukjae, a group of men started to swarm them.

Two men grabbed on Hyukjae and pulled him inside a car. While four men were needed to grab Donghae, due to his stronger body and muscle. He was dragged inside a different car from Hyukjae. The distinct difference between their body is because Hyukjae lives in the city and he rarely work out due to his busy life and Donghae lives in a rural area, he exercises by doing farm works and carrying heavy things.

"D--DONGHAEEE! UNHAND ME PLEASE! DONGHAE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH DAD! PLEASE... I beg you", Hyukjae was sobbing hard when he saw the men knocked Donghae down because Donghae was fighting to escape. He also knew, it was his father's doings. The group of men were familiar to him. They were always ordered to find him whenever he ran away from the house back when he was a child.

"Pleasee.. please.. I'll do anything", Hyukjae begged the driver of the limousine car he was sitting in.

"I'm sorry Eunhyuk. It was your father's order. You know we need to obey him. How about you slow talk with him later?", the driver adjusted the rear mirror.

"Eunhyuk.. drink this while we head back to Seoul", a man sitting beside him hand him a glass of plain water.

"Thank you", he drank it in one shot. He was tired by the running and shouting just now.

The journey felt long and exhausting. Slowly, his eyes began to close. He fell into a deep sleep on the way back to his house in Seoul.

---

Donghae in the other car was unconscious. Unknowingly, he was bought into a barn, far from Seoul.

 •


 

Finished! Sorry for the short chapter ;-; I decide to spilt the chapter into two since it will be pretty long. I don't know how it will turn out since it was an unplanned chapter to be honest. I just go with the flow 😂

But Thank Youu for reading it and cooping with me till this chapter ;;. I think I will give a name to the chapters hehe

Thank you againn and huggsss <3