Truth

Stronger Together

 

"How could you?!", Ms Lee scolded her husband. She pinched her temple and frowned. Her husband tried to explain about the previous situation, but she shut him up.

"Honey.. pls let's go home first eh? Shall we?" Mr Lee tried to calm his angry wife.

"No. I'm taking a cab. Sora let's go hun. Your dad might abandon you in the car later".

"Ok mom". Sora hailed a cab and escorted her mom into the taxi. Before she joins her mom, her dad gave her some money for the cab.

"Thanks dad", Sora said half heartily.

Mr Lee could only watch the cab spurred and eventually disappeared from his sight. He sighed.

"Let's go", he said to his driver who was waiting for him in his car.

At first, the driver was curious where did his boss' wife and daughter went to, but after some times the curious subsidised. He's used with all this funny fight in this family. He just hope this matter will be solved fast.

"Drop me in my office", Mr Lee instructed his driver.

"Yes sir".

----

"Do you want me to follow you sir?", the driver asked as he was responsible for his boss' safety.

"No. Just drop me by at the main building. It will be a while only", Mr Lee refused. He wants a time alone to clear up his mind.

The car stopped at the front building of Mr Lee's office. The building stand high on the ground.He started with a small business, but now he managed to have a network with Dubai's prime minister and some renowed oil company business such as Shell. It is something that he will be proud of until the day he dies. 

He greeted some staffs at the front desk. Then, he walked into the lift and went to the most uppest floor. That is where his office located. He purposely made the whole floor as his territory for his family to feel more comfortable whenver they come here. It brings back memories where Sora and Eunhyuk always played catch in his office during their childhood. Sometimes, his children will stop by from kindergarten to play with him. There used to be a playing room made specially for his children, but after Eunhyuk entered elementary school, they stopped coming. There were a huge gap between him and Eunhyuk after he arranged Yuna to be his son's future wife.

He smiled reminiscing the past. The lift door opened. He reached the most uppest floor. He walked out from the lift straight to his office room at the end of the hallway. Along the hallway, he decorated it with trophies and award received by his company, not to mention all of his children's achievements and their pictures together as a family.

He stopped his steps when he heard a sound chuckling behind one of the room along the hallway. He peeped inside and he saw Yuna and his dad talking about something.

He began to eavesdropping due to the overwhelming curiosity.

----

Eunhyuk groaned in pain making a soft sound inside the dead silence room. He was in his own room back in Seoul.

"Brother??"

"Eunhyuk??"

"Honey??"

Sora, Yunho and mom were waiting for him to wake up. They smiled when they saw Eunhyuk opened his eyes.

"How long I've been here? Wait.. what happened?", Eunhyuk asked them.

"I don't know. When we came back here, you were already here sleeping. Your things from the hotel was also here. So we kinda thought you came back by our own", Sora told him.

"Welcome back home Eunhyuk! How was Mokpo?", Yunho greeted him happily. He missed Eunhyuk. They didn't really keep in touch for the past 4 months since Eunhyuk was busy with his new adjusted life there.

"Yea.. it was good, I met... WAIT WHERE's DONGHAE MOM?!".

"Donghae?"

"YEA HE WAS THERE RIGHT NEXT TO ME THEN A GROUP OF MAN APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE.... DAD!? WHERE's DAD?", Eunhyuk began panicking. He realised Donghae is in danger. His dad might been planning something with him.

"I'm here Eunhyuk.", his dad appeared from behind his room door. He looked solemn.

"Where's him dad? You know he got nothing to do with this", Eunhyuk glared his dad. His eyes blazing with angers.

"He's safe don't worry. I've asked one of my man to bring him back here. I think we should have a discussion Eunhyuk. There are a lot I wanted to tell you.... And Donghae too". Dad said, then he closed the room door back again.

Sora excused herself and went outside. His mom went to take a glass of water for Eunhyuk. Yunho began talking and asked Eunhyuk about his trip.

Thanks to Yunho, Eunhyuk managed to forget his problems while entertaining him with the gifts and souvenirs from Mokpo. He was lucky to have a friend like Yunho at times like this.

----

Donghae woke up and cursed at the pain on his stomach. He slowly get up and whimpered to the door of the wooden hut. He forced the door to open by kicking it down.

There was a huge field covered in greenery lying infront of him. Horses and goats were grazing the grass. The sound of bird chirpping, wind rustling to his ears and the smell of nature calmed his pain. He inhaled the fresh air, then exhaled. He was woken up by the sound of duck quacking at the nearby pond.

"Hi there young man.", an old grandpa greeted him. He was wearing a long overall jeans, a plaid shirt underneath and a straw hat.

"Oh hi there grandpa. You have a huge farm here!!", Donghae exclaimed. He was excited to see all these animals here, and began to forget the incident in Gangnam.

"Yes.. I'm going to milk the cow. Do you want to follow me?", the mysterious grandpa invited him inside the barn, where he was put earlier.

Grandpa take him further inside the barn where the cows where kept. They were mooing when they saw grandpa entered the place. Grandpa bought one of the female cow outside. Donghae watched carefully how grandpa milked the cow. Finished milking the cow, Donghae offered his help to milk the cow. He chose one female cow and milked it under grandpa's supervision.

After all the cows had been milked, Donghae helped the old man to carry the milk buckets to one of the hut there. Grandpa told him that a man will come to collect the milks to process it before selling it. As been told, a man came and gave him the money for the milks. Donghae leaped to grandpa to give him the money.

"It's ok.. young man.. grandpa will give it to you for helping me. You did most of the job here", grandpa gave more than half of the money to Donghae. Donghae hesitated at first, but after insisting, he took and money and thanked grandpa. He felt happy being the farms with grandpa.

Then, he went to the pond to feed the fishes there and feed the ducks there. He also played and groomed the horses there. He helped to bring back the goats to its places back at noon.

Grandpa invited him for a late lunch when all of their farm works finished. Donghae gladly accepted the offer.

"Neh.. Grandpa! What are we eating later?", Donghae excitedly followed grandpa into his house, which is 5 minutes walk from the farm.

Grandpa opened the front door of his house and discovered some men in a suit waiting for them to come back.

The incident in Gangnam started to play inside Donghae's mind. He growled and hissed at them in anger. He stepped forward to protect the grandpa. He can't let them did to grandpa what they did to him earlier.

"I warned you! Back off!!", Donghae warned them.

One of the man chuckled and introduced himself. He extended his hand to greet Donghae. But, his hand was slapped harshly by Donghae.

"Cut to the chase. What do you want?".

"Follow us Lee Donghae. If you care about Eunhyuk, I think you should follow us", the man said with a fierce voice. He knew, he had no choice but to follow them.

----

"Hi there Eunhyuk. Have a seat", his father offered him the seat infront of him.

Eunhyuk obediently sat on the seat. "What do you want dad?".

His dad cupped both of his dad. "I'm sorry Eunhyuk. About everything. You were right. I should never force the marriage on you", his dad confessed with a sob at the end of his sentence.

"What do you mean? You are weird. Don't you know that?", Eunhyuk felt something isn't right here.

 

Flashback

Mr Lee leaned his ears quietly on the door of the room until he managed to hear evey single word uttered by Yuna and her dad.

"Dad.. do you think our plan gonna work?", Yuna asked her dad. She seems anxious.

"Enough Yuna! You're always like this! Just go with the flow ok? You're disappointing daddy, Kim Yuna".

Yuna flinched in shocked.

"But.. daddy.. Eunhyuk will oppose this marriage no matter what.. what will you do then?".

"ENOUGH KIM YUNA! do you know how much I've suffer with all the debts left by your grandfather?!"

"DO you really think I inherited all of his money? NO! I inherited all of his debts! And YOU will marry that brat Eunhyuk and we will take over this company and pay our debts! UNDERSTAND?", her dad shouted and pointed a finger at her.

Yuna breathing became hard as she tried to control her sobs. "Aww.. I'm sorry darling. I didn't mean this.. you will make daddy proud right?. Our company's future is depending on you.", her father cooed her and kissed her forehead. Yuna weakly nodded at her father.

"Come on Let's go home", her dad wiped her tears and they walked together to the door of the room.

They knew they were doomed when they saw Eunhyuk's dad, Mr Lee was waiting for them at the door with a stern and annoyed face.

Mr Lee grinned when he saw them.

"I've heard it loud and clear, Mr Kim and my precious Yuna".

Mr Kim was stunned and speechless. "Loo..look.. mr Lee.. i.. we.. actually--" he stuttered his speech.

"It's ok Mr Kim. You owed me nothing. GUARD!!!", Mr Lee called several guards on duty. The guards rushed to the scene. "yes boss?"

"Bring Mr Kim and Yuna out and make sure they never appear in this building anymore"

"Yes Boss"

And so, Yuna and her father were dragged out from the building.

End of flashback.

 

 

Eunhyuk was shocked to hear the story from his dAd.

"So what will happen now?", Eunhyuk asked him.

"I don't know. How about we wait some one to arrive first here?", his dad suggested.

After 10 minutes of waiting, the man appeared, escorted with some bodyguards around him.

"HAE!!!", Eunhyuk exclaimed.

"Hyukkie! Are you alright?", Donghae rushed to Hyukjae and checked his monkey's body to find any injuries.

Hyukjae giggled and patted Donghae. He smiled cheefully to ensure the younger that he was fine. "Idiot. Look at yourself first! Are you ok?".

Hyukjae tousled Donghae's hair, "Your head seems fine". Donghae pouted. "But my heart isn't", he whispered to Hyukjae.

Hyukjae blushed a little. It was lucky his dad didn't suspect anything.

"Lee Donghae, I suppose?", his dad interrupted them.

"Uhh yes I guess so?", Donghae replied.

"Mind if you both take a seat?", Hyukjae's dad smiled at them.

"Firstly, I'm sorry for my men to knock you down. But, I hope you had a great time in the farm. I was told that grandpa was happy to spend time with you"

They didn't say anything.

"Second, I'm sorry for being so harsh on you both. Especially Donghae. You're a good friend to Eunhyuk. And Eunhyuk, I'm sorry for the arranged marriage. If we have time, I would like to meet your ideal person. Can you forgive me?", Hyukjae's dad continued and genuinely smiled at them.

They both exchanged gaze and smiled back at him, "Your apologise is accepted", they both smiled and giggled.

They talked for over an hour together. They told their activities in Mokpo and Eunhyuk presented a gift to his dad. It felt like eternity since Hyukjae and his dad talked like this. It was all thanks to Donghae.

"Oh wait.. I have to go to bathroom. Excuse me", Hyukjae politely excused himself and leave Donghae alone with his dad.

"Hey.. mister. Why did you put me in the barn", Donghae asked. He was curious since the beginning but couldn't find the right time to ask him about this.

"I remembered you crying over a goldfish back then. So, I suppose you like animals? That's why I put you there, so you can spend your times there and eventually forget about Eunhyuk, so Eunhyuk can marry Yuna peacefully without you.", Hyukjae's dad explained.

"You know mister.. you're not that heartless, it just, you don't know how to express your love to your family properly."

"There's no father who doesn't love their child right? You ordered the men to knock me out just enough to get me passed out for a while right?, when they actually can make me passed out for days. You can't bear to face Hyukjae later if I'm hurt.", he looked at Hyukjae's dad with a smile.

"You were not sure whether your choice is right ot wrong when you decided to force Eunhyuk to marry Yuna. You can just register their marriage since they were kids if you wanted to. But, you didn't. That is why your postponed the date and gave Hyukjae a break. You're not sure with yourself either. And the hallway, you still care about your children right? Eventhough, they're so cold towards you", Donghae continued.

Hyukjae's dad covered his face with his hand. He secretly sobbed underneath. Donghae's words moved him. Donghae breathed out a big sigh of relief.

"Thank you young man, you're truly incredible", Mr Lee smiled at him. Donghae smiled back showing his beautiful set of teeth.

"But mister.. how do you know my goldfish died back then?"

"Ahh.. do you really think I don't know you?", he chuckled. "i know where Eunhyuk always go whenever he ran from home. I always watched you guys closely. And I'm sure you're the reason Eunhyuk refused to marry Yuna.", he continued.

"Uh.. that's creepy mister"

They both laughed merrily.

Didn't they know, Hyukjae was there behind the room's door. He heard all the conversations and he was glad it was finally over. He wiped his tears and looked at the hallway which Donghae mentioned earlier. He smiled. "Even you forced me to do a lot of things, You're my only father. One and only. I love you too dad"

 

----

I think.. the fight is over? I guess?

the story will finish soon ;-; don't worry

Thank you for reading up till this ;-; I never thought I will make it till here with my low vocab and repeating words over and over again ;; 

Thank youu and hugsss