Liberation Day

Fortress that is made of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie balanced the groceries in one hand, while she fiddled with the key in the lock. She managed to get the door opened, not without first almost dropping all of items on the floor.

“Can I get some help here?” She asked, annoyedly. “I mean, I already paid for the groceries, carried them home, and will have the pleasure of cooking them later on, maybe someone can help me put them away?”

Rose, sitting on the kitchenette counter, walked over helpfully, easing Jennie out of some of the bags, “Oh no. You’re in a bad mood. That’s not going to help.”

They walked in to the living room, just as Lisa ran out of the bathroom, and froze, upon seeing Jennie.

“It’s not going to help what?” Jennie asked, already on edge.

Lisa nervously bit her lower lip. “You need to know, this was all Jisoo’s idea. And fault.”

Jennie’s eyes shifted between Lisa and Rose, confusedly. “What’s going on? You are scaring me.”

At that moment, a guilty looking Jisoo walked out of the bathroom – where Lisa had just been – holding a pink plush toy. Except, on a second look, Jennie realised what she was holding was not a plush toy; it was Kai the dog, who somehow was now tinted in pink.

“What. The. Hell.”

“I was going to bath Dalgom, so I figured I could bath Kai and Kuma as well, but- I think I got the wrong shampoo?”

“You think?” Jennie removed the happily oblivious dog from Jisoo’s hands, holding him up and looking at his new hair dye. “So they are all pink?”

“No, just Kai.When I realized it was turning him pink, I stopped immediately but it was too late-“ Jisoo explained.

“Well, of course your dog didn’t get dyed in pink!” Jennie cried.

“Jennie, I didn’t do this on purpose-“ Jisoo tried, looking regretful. “I thought I was doing something nice for you.”

“Do me a favour, will you,” Jennie said, exasperatedly, “Refrain from doing me any favours in the future, okay? God knows how long this will take the wear off. It might even be toxic for him. I’m going to try and wash this off from him, so you guys can make your own dinner.”

“I’ll wash him,” Rose offered, probably knowing that Lisa would try and take over the cooking, which was not a good outcome for anyone.

“Don’t. I’m mad at you too.” Jennie warned her. Rose pressed her hand against her chest, as if asking why. “I left you in charge.”

“I had no knowledge that this was going on,” Rose guaranteed her, lifting her hands in innocence, “Otherwise I would’ve told her to stay away from your dogs. We all saw what happened when she tried to groom Dalgom herself. The poor dog looked like he had a mask of his face on.”

Jisoo couldn’t help but to giggle at the memory of Dalgom with a shaved body and hairy face. Jennie glared at her, warningly, before leaving towards the bathroom.

Once inside, she let the water run and told the grumpy looking dog, who probably thought one bath should be enough, “Don’t look at me like that. Blame your other mother for this.”

And, just as if she had been invoked, Jisoo appeared by the bathroom door, hesitating on her way inside. “Jendeuki.” She sounded somewhat amused.

“Don’t Jendeuki me.” Jennie warned, before picking up Kai and placing him inside the bath tub.

“Baby.” Jisoo was kneeling by Jennie’s side now

“Don’t even try that.” She glared at Jisoo.

“You don’t think you’re overreacting? One slight bit?” Jisoo held the offending pink shampoo bottle, and pointed at the label. “It says in here that it’s perfectly safe. And should wash out within a few weeks.”

“Well I will not be walking around with a pink dog. Specially when Kuma could easily be mistaken for black. You can imagine the field day the internet would have with that.” Jennie told her, coldly, before leaning in to reach for the shower head.

Jisoo, who was kneeling between Jennie and the shower head, took the opportunity to pucker her lips and peck Jennie’s cheek. Jennie pulled back, looking mildly annoyed. “Don’t try and be cute now. I’m still mad at you.” She leaned in again, and Jisoo tried to kiss her again. This time, she pulled back instantly, with an annoyed huff. “Can you please not? I’m trying to reach for the shower.”

Jisoo smirked naughtily. She then leaned in and try to steal a kiss from Jennie, but Jennie wiggled out of her reach.

“You are annoying me,” She wined. “Can you please stop?”

“I’ll stop when you realize you are upset over a literal pink dog,” Jisoo told her, amusedly, and Jennie had to admit, it sounded silly.

“No, I’m upset over-“ Jennie started, but then didn’t quite know how to end it. She was upset over the news that Jon would be attending the Liberation Day party they had been invited to, and that this made Jisoo’s and his relationship now “official”. She was also upset that she had had to hear it from Rose earlier in the day – and not from Jisoo, as soon as she had heard it.

But she didn’t want to start a fight that night. She was trying to work on being more patient and reasonable with Jisoo. Bringing up the Liberation Day thing with Jisoo would just eventually lead them down the path to a discussion over Jennie needing to be more accepting of the entire situation, because it was all a ruse.  

“Ah, there we go,” Jisoo pointed a finger at Jennie, knowingly, “you admit you are actually upset over something else rather than your dog becoming temporarily pink, and just lashing out.”

Jennie hesitated. No point in denying it. Still, she was nothing if not stubborn. “I am upset over Kai being pink.”

Jisoo groaned in frustration. “Okay, have it your way. What about I go and dry up poor Kai, because the pink will eventually wash away, and you go and start in on dinner? Because otherwise all we will be eating is some burned rice by Lisa.”

“You got a lot of nerve asking me to cook for you when I’m still mad at you.” Jennie said, but all of the previous anger had now evaporated due to the power of Jisoo’s light-heartedness.

“I’ll make it up to you later,” Jisoo winked, and it was probably the most explicit thing she had ever said to Jennie.

Jennie knew that she was going to end up giving in and cooking for everyone. She was whipped and she knew it.

 

 

Tonight was the big night. And Jisoo was not referring to it being Liberation Day, and the yearly fireworks show that they so much treasured watching. It was a big night because Jisoo would finally be attending a party and bringing Jon as her plus one, finally “confirming” their relationship, after weeks of letting the media and press speculate over it. Incidentally, and unfortunately, it was also the same night that Jennie and Jon would finally get to meet.

Jisoo could not even start thinking about how that would turn out, because it gave her incredible amounts of anxiety. She had prepped Jennie as best as she could; but at the end of the day the best she could hope for would be for Jennie to stay away from Jon the entire night.

“Whatever. I’ll talk to Jim however I want.” Jennie said defiantly, after Jisoo reminded her (and pleaded her) to be nice to Jon, as she pulled fixed sleeveless dress up, standing in front of the mirror, just moments before leaving the house to the roof-top party they had been invited to.

“Babe, please don’t be rude.” Jisoo levelled her with a look, hugging her waist and pressing her lips to Jennie’s temple.

“How am I being rude by pretending to not know his name in order to annoy you and belittle him?” Jennie asked, sardonically, and Jisoo chuckled. She had to admit; Jennie was funny, even when she was extremely annoyed.

“If you have nothing nice to say,” Jisoo reminded her, calmly. “Don’t say nothing at all. Please. I’d prefer if you stayed away from him, if you don’t think you can keep your emotions in check.”

“Well, that’s going to be hard because you are going to be next to him, so I have no choice but to put up with his presence.” Jennie had made clear that she planned on being by Jisoo’s side all night.

Jisoo twisted her lips. “I won’t be with him all night, I promise you. He knows other people at the party; plus, he’s a big guy, he can handle himself.”

“Or I will handle him.” Jennie threatened, under her breath.

The thought of all 5’3 feet of Jennie “handling” Jon’s 6’2 was hilarious to Jisoo. She kind of wanted to see it, now that the image had been put in her head. “Okay.” She laughed, before pecking Jennie’s cheek, being careful not to leave a lipstick mark. “I love you. And, at the end of the night, I’ll be coming home with you. Just remember that.”

“Damn right you will.” Jennie said, smugly.

 

 

It took Jennie all night to relax, but by the time the fireworks had started, and she had Jisoo by her side, she was finally feeling peaceful and like she might make it through the night after all.

They were fine. Jennie had managed to be cordial to Jon all night. Even when he had the insolence to call Jisoo “honey” for the sake of a group of strangers hanging around them, she had managed to just very discreetly roll her eyes.

But she had worked through it. Mostly by keeping away from him, specially when he was around Jisoo. Thankfully, watching the firework show did not seem to be a great priority for him, and when he had gotten himself immersed in a conversation with a TV Show producer, Jennie had managed to steal Jisoo away for them to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter