CH 4

In Denial

CH 4: Minseok's Plan Comes Into Play

Scene: Fireplace, Kim/Do House

Again, thank you for your patience. This story is long enough as it is, and having a clingy teddy bear I call a husband does not make my narrating any easier and quicker. Now, this is the moment you all are probably waiting for: Joonmyeon and Jongdae finally compromising like Minseok has been busting their asses off for weeks. I will tell you what went down. I will start off with an obvious situation.

"Hey Minseok hyung. What's up?" Jongin asks as he pauses the movie.

"Hey cousin," Minseok starts. "I am in need of a favor from you."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Do you remember the situation of Joon?"

"Did he finally ask?"

With that, Minseok sighs in frustration.

"Unfortunately, no. We need your help. Luhan, Zitao, Baekhyun, and I came up with an idea to tell Joonmyeon, and Jongdae's situation as well for that matter, to talk him into trying to get him to compromise or else have them be lured to each other, and we only got that far. We need help with the rest, and would like to ask you and Kyungsoo both to help."

"I would like to."

"Awesome. One person down. Is Kyungsoo home?"

"Yes. He is in the kitchen."

When is that kid never cooking?" Minseok hypothetically asks.

"Not that, hyung. Well, kinda."

"What do you mean?"

"We were watching a movie and Kyungsoo decides since he does not like the part we are currently on, he is making more snacks."

"Oh, I see."

"Anyway, I will ask him, if that is what you wanted to ask."

"I was gonna ask him myself and have you put your phone on speaker, but ok."

"I will ask him when he gets done."

"Splendid. Let me know what he says. Luhan will be back from the hardware store. Bye."

"Bye, hyung."

With that, Jongin hangs up. As on cue, Kyungsoo comes back into the room, snacks in hand.

"Hey. Who were you talking to?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Minseok hyung." 

"What did he want?"

'I'll give an idea: Joonmyeon and Jongdae."

"Still no progress?"

"Negative. It is to the point that he asks for assistance."

"I'm down for that."

"Cool. I hope that this finally gets resolved."

"Me too, yeobo."

With that, the couple kisses. After the break apart, Jongin presses play.


Two down, two to go. 


Scene: Wu House

"Zitao, Sehun is here," Yifan calls while Zitao is practicing his Wushu.

"OK," Zitao answers, putting his stick away, and runs downstairs. True to Yifan's words, Sehun is on the other side of the doorframe. Zitao immediately grabs his arm and runs upstairs.

"Ok, he just leaves he here," Yifan assets. "."

In Zitao's room, after closing the door, Zitao sits on his desk chair, Sehun makes himself comfortable on Yifan's bed, much to Zitao's giggling fit.

"Jagi, get off of ge's bed. He's gonna kill you if he walks in," Zitao says.

"I know that he will," Sehun smirks. 

"You brat."

"You love it, though."

"I do love it, Sebooty. Now get on my own bed before I kick it."

Sehun pouts but obeys.

"You're no fun," he says.

"I was getting a laugh at it, but Yifan is crazy when he is mad."

"True." After Sehun changes where his Sebooty sits, he asks. "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Zitao sighs. "This is getting out of hand. Even Yifan-ge is not budging."

"Really?"

"So I went to Minseok's and he decided for us to try some ideas, and didn't get that far."

"So... do you want me to help?"

"Please?"

"OK fine. Only because I love you." 

"Oh shut it," Zitao says, blushing. He stands up from his swivel chair to go in for a kiss. So close...

"OMG MY EYES!"

With that scream, they both turn to took at Yifan at the door, hands covering his eyes. They both roll their eyes but scoot farther.

"Even though you just traumatized me and my precious eyes in front of Ace..." With that comment, Yifan grabs the said plush. "Sehun, your dad is here."

"Ok, tell him I'll be right there," Sehun says. This in which made Yifan looks at them with a suspicious look on his face.

"If you two do the dirty when I leave, I will kill you."

"GE!"


Oh my god, guys. Really? Oh, Baekhyun's request conversation with Chanyeol was much worse. After a random scream contest, these loud s did this. 


Scene: Park House 

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too.
well, I hope that if you are out there you read this and know that yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you,” Baekhyun says. "Rebecca Katherine Martin."

"I think that I could do better," Chanyeol says. "Exit, pursued by a bear, Will Shakespeare." 

"Ok, that one was pretty good."

As you can tell, those morons decided to have a contest of who could find the weirdest, most bizarre quotes. This married couple was very bored, as you could tell. 

"Could I ask you something, hon?" Baekhyun asks.

"What is it?" Chanyeol asks.

"So, Joon and Jongdae both have not compromised with their fathers."

"The arranged marriage?"

"That's the one. I went to Luhan and Minseok's and Zitao was there as well, and we decided on a basic plan, but need some help with a stronger plan. Would you be interested in helping?"

"Sure."

"OK. Let's get this started."


Idiots. Anyway, everyone has agreed to be part of the plan. Now, Luhan decided on a group chat to keep our secret on the plan around Joonmyeon. We decided to have the next get together the day after.


Scene: Xi House

"This is great. Everyone here?" Minseok asks. Everyone else nods. "Good. Let's get started. We are here since we must continue brainstorming a plan for when and if Joonmyeon and/or Jongdae don't want to compromise."

"There are no guarantees that the would refuse the compromise, but we must come up with a backup plan," Luhan says. "Any ideas?"

"I think that mine was great," Baekhyun says.

"Dude, no it wasn't," Zitao says.

"At it was better than Luhan's threatening them idea."

"Repeat that, Byun-Park Baekhyun. I dare you."

"Ok enough," Minseok scolds. 

"I got an idea," Kyungsoo says. 

"Shoot," Sehun says.

"Why can't we have them be in a fake blind date?" 

"I think that would work," Zitao says.

"We could have them all go meet somewhere since we set a date, then boom: we got them."

 "I like it," Chanyeol says.

"OK, it looks like we have a Plan B," Minseok says. "For now, we must get Plan A in motion." 

Everyone nods.

"Minseok and I will try one more time to talk Joonmyeon to compromise with their fathers," Luhan says.

"I will talk to Jongdae," Baekhyun says.

"And I will hopefully talk to Yifan and Yixing as well," Zitao says. 

"This is great," Jongin says. 

"I agree with you," Baekhyun says. "Once you talk to them, let us know what they say."

"Planning on it," Luhan says.

"Since we got a plan, let's leave this couple in peace," Jongin says.

"I agree," Chanyeol says, "See you later, hyung,"

With that, the visitors leave the Xi house.


And you're welcome. Because of me, I came up with the idea that changed the world...

Oh, shut up. Anyway, Minseok makes the next move, as usual.


Scene: Joon's House

Joonmyeon and Minseok are both in the younger man's room. 

"OK, I will do it," Joonmeyon says in annoyance.

"Really?" Minseok asks. "That was easier than I thought."

"Easy? It took you many tries to get me to do it."

"I meant that I thought that this would not work. You are being a baby about this."

"Ok rude. Besides, your face after asking me creeped me out."

"Well, good. I thought that I was going to take things into my own hands more than I already have."

"Again, rude."

"Do you want to marry Jongdae and his whiny ?"

"No."

"Then ask uncle-nim for a compromise before I do."

Joonmyeon pouts. "Fine."

With this, Joonmyeon leaves the room, Minseok following suit. When they arrive in the living room, Luhan is out there with Mr. Kim.

"And then what happened?" Junsu asked.

"In the middle of the meeting, this idiot decides to get onto the table and dance. The boss was not amused at all. I will be surprised if he is not Fired," Luhan finishes. After saying this, he finally notices the newcomers. "Hey, yeobo."

"What's going on?" Minseok asks.

"Talking about one of my co-workers that danced on the table yesterday at work." Luhan answers. Minseok gestures his head towards his uncle. 

"Appa, could I talk to you about the marriage?" Joonmyeon says, finally noticing his cousin's cue.

"Sure, what about it?" Junsu asks.

"Could we compromise on it?" After a few minutes of Joonmyeon's being a nervous wreck, even more, his father asks. 

"What is it, Joonmyeon? I see no problem with it. I thought that you two are best friends."

"Yeah, we are, but that is it. I would like to make a deal with you. If you wish, I will marry him if I cannot find a partner like Jongin did."

After a few minutes of processing, Junsu answers.

"It's a deal, Joon. Let's do a month." Junsu says. Amongst them, Luhan and Minseok are both smiling, relieved that the plan is working. 


Scene: Dae's House

As Luhan and Minseok talk to Joonmyeon, Jongdae is being talked to with Baekhyun. 

"If this talk is about me denying Yixing, I don't want to hear it," Jongdae whines.

"For 's sake, Jongdae. Stop whining. It's not about that. It's about Joonmyeon," Baekhyun says. "If you want to break your father's plan, you must compromise with him to talk him out of it."

"Ugh."

"What did I way about..."

"Ok, I get it. And Fine." Jongdae storms out of the living room and goes to his father's room. Beekhyun waits a few moments before following. Meanwhile, Jongdae knocks on Kibum's door.

"It's open, Jongdae."

With that, Jongdae opens the door and closes it after going in. 

"What is it, Jongdae?"

"Are you busy, dad?"

"Not really. What is it?"

"I would like to ask you something. I would like to make a compromise with you about Joonmyeon. We are best friends and I don't see him in that kind of way. I would agree to the marriage if I don't find love." 

"Jongdae, I thought that I told you that..."

*text*

"Hold on." 

Kibum opens his text, and groans in frustration.

"Fine. It seems like Joonmyeon did ask for the same compromise. I will give you a month to find someone."

Jongdae claps his hands in excitement. He bows to his father.

"Thank you, appa," Jongdae says before leaving. Baekhyun leaves his spot behind a plant nearby, which he moved to when he heard Jongdae near the door, where he has been overhearing Jongdae. He sighs in relief.

"Thank God."


After finally getting them to talk to their fathers, we all got a text from Minseok and Baekhyun, and we decided to meet at a cafe the next day.


Scene: Cafe

"So, we got them," Luhan says.

"The bad news is that we have only a month to get Yifan and Yixing with Joon and Jongdae together," Minseok says.

"Or else..." Sehun says.

"The arranged marriage will be completed, and we fail," Jongin says.

"Our plan will work," Chanyeol says, trying to be positive.

"I am sad that we can't set up the blind date after all," Zitao says sadly.

"Don't worry, Zitao," Kyungsoo says. "The blind date idea may still come in handy. They finally did the compromise, but we could have the blind date still if Yifan and Yixing don't ask and if Joon and Jongdae are still in denial." 

"I like that idea," Minseok says. "Let's get the next step to our plan at full swing."

Everyone nods and they all start drinking their coffee.


The compromise is finally completed, but they still must actually 'find a significant other' or else they must marry. We did not want that. I would continue, but I am going to make lunch real quick. I will talk about step two on our plan after that. See you guys, for now. Bye


A/N Wow, I think this is the longest chapter I have ever written so far.