Chapter VII

Coward

I woke up and realize that there is someone sleeping beside me, turn around only to meet a beautiful sleeping face of her. If only this is what I see every morning.

I went to kitchen after washing up to make us a breakfast. A simple pancakes and coffee will do. While I am waiting for the pancakes to cook, I feel someone standing beside me, “Hmmm.. Pancakes..” “OMG! You startled me.!”

“Hahaha, sorry, you look so serious that I can`t help it.”

“It`s okay. Go wash up, pancakes almost ready.”

I wait for her to come out and we have our breakfast together, as we don`t have work today, we just stay at home, catching up, watching movies, and playing games.

 

Weeks passed since that day and she sometimes stay over when she is bored or doesn`t want to be alone. We didn`t say much about our relationship and we try not to bring it up. Just let it flow she said.

Tonight we are planning to go out for dinner with the other, as I wait for her to get ready Bora called.

“Hey.. You coming together today?”

“Yep yep. Why?”

“Nothing. When are you planning to ask her to be yours again though? Been a while since came back, and been a while since you guys become close again.”

“Just take it slowly Bora. No need to rush, beside we also agree not to bring it up. At least for now.”

“Well, don`t wait too long. You do know she is popular and she have a lot of admire.”

“I know. She is coming out. See you soon.” And I hang up.

 

“Who called? Bora? Or Minji?”

“Bora, she is asking whether we are coming already.”

“Let`s go then, don`t want to keep them waiting.”

 

“Guys…” Yoobin speak up suddenly. Making all of us stop talking and look at her confused.

“Yes..?”

“I have something to say…” She continue. “Go on.” Minji said.

“Me and Yoohyeon.. we.. we are getting married.”

“OHH..?! Seriously? When? This need a celebration!” Siyeon said.

“By the end of this year.. And we are wondering if you guys could help with things…” She asked timidly.

“Why wouldn`t us? Of course we will help. This is a great news.” Bora said while we all nod.

“Thank you so much.” Yoobin said while holding Yoohyeon`s hand. They sure make a cute couple.

 

On our way home, Handong suddenly speak up, “That sure is a good news, good to know that they will be getting married.” She said.

“Well, it sure is. And I am happy.” I said focusing on the road.

“So… When are you going to ask me out then? It`s been a while.”

“And I thought that you want to take it slowly?” I asked her smirking.

“Oh, stop smirking. It`s annoying.!”

“Well, you do like it when I smirk.”

“And why did I ever fall for this idiot again?”

I just laugh and we stop talking after that.

 

“So.. Do you have time tomorrow? Maybe a movie date would be nice?” I asked when we arrive at our apartment.

“Sure, 12 noon? We can have lunch first.”

“Cool.”

 

We went to watch some movie the next day and then get some dinner.

Now we are sitting at Han river, listening to music play by some busker.

“Dong-ah…” I started, “Yes?”

“Well. I don`t know how to say this, but, it`s been a while since we talk and hang out. And I want to apologize to you again.”

“What are you apologizing for?”

“Everything, everything that I ever did in the past, for that I left you, and lied to you, also for not fight for us.”

“Apology accepted.”

“And also I…. What?”

“Accepted I said.” She laugh while flicking my forehead.

“Ouch.. It`s hurt.” I pout. “Well, and also.” I continue while taking out the thing that I keep in my pocket this whole time.

“Would you like to take me back? This idiot that once hurt you so much yet didn`t want to let you go. Only this time, I won`t let anything break us apart no more. I will fight for everything that goes in our ways.” I said while I hold the ring in my hand. That same ring that we once had, the ring that she returned to me. “And I wonder if you would like to take this ring back, it has to be in the right owner hand.” I said looking straight into her.

She suddenly tears up and smiled. “What do you think, idiot. You better mean what you said.!” She smile while taking the ring away from my hand. I can`t be more happy.

“I meant everything I said. And I won`t be that coward anymore from now on. I will do anything to keep us together.” I wiped her tears with my hand, “And one day, I will surely replace this ring, to something better, something that can also mark out future together.” I continue.

 

After that day, we decide to take it slow, not to rush thing, and to spend more time with each other. We told our friends and they are more than happy that we are back together and Siyeon this time yet again threatened me if ever I did something that make Handong cry.

And we also learned that Siyeon and Gahyeon, they are going out. Weird couple, their personality didn`t match much, but well, they look good together.