Chapter IV

Coward

Few days has passed since we last talked. I’m getting busy attending meetings and she is busy because of the new product she is designing. We met a few time either when we are out for work or when we came back home. But that’s all. Now I can’t stop thinking about that night. The word that she said, it really stuck in my mind.

“She sure did, because she is a coward for leaving me thinking that I will be okay and I will be more happy without her.” She said that staring straight at me.

 

“Eonnie! You are spacing out again, are you sure you are okay?”

“I am Gahyoen-ah. Can I ask you something?”

“Yes? What is it?” “I….

“Sorry to interrupt, Ms. Hwang, there is someone looking for you. She told me she is your friend, I forgot to ask for name.”

Friend? Bora and Minji is going on a trip, while Yoobin and Yoohyeon is busy at hospital, who might it be? “Okay, let her in then.”

“Hey.. Sorry if I disturb something.” That’s Siyeon, walking in.

“Ah.. Siyeon, no you didn’t disturb anything, take a sit.”

“Hi Siyeon eonnie, I will let you two talk, I have to go back to work. Nice to see you Eonnie.”

“Ah, nice to see you too Gahyeon-ah.”

“See you later Eunbin eonnie.”

“So… What make you come?”

“Can`t I come?”

“I am not saying you can`t. It`s just, you don’t usually show up and wanting to talk to me. I thought you hate me.” I said while joke a little.

“Nah.. Who said that? Well, okay, I might be mad at you, but I don’t hate you. Anyway, welcome back.”

“Haha, thanks. Want something to drink? Coffee or?”

“Nah I am good. Heard that you and Handong stay beside each other huh? She told me.”

“Ohh? She did? Yeah.”

“Soo..? Did you talk to her? About everything?”

I looked at her, surprise. “How…..”

“How? I just know, well, we all know. It`s her father is it? He threatened you is he? He is always like that when it comes to Handong.”

“Well… How is he anyway?”

“He passed, 2 years ago. Cancer. Handong never know about this, but I was there when he told Mrs.Han about you. That he kind of threatened to bring your company down if you didn’t break up with her.”

“I.. Oh.. Well, yeah. That’s all in the past now. Sooner or later I have to come back too. Can`t just leave this company.”

“Well, yeah. Talk to her will you? She missed you so much. 5 years, and she still cry sometimes you know. It hurt me seeing her like that.” “I..”

“I told you, I don’t hate you, I never did, I used to like her, yes, but it`s no love. She is like a sister to me, a little sister that I wished I had, that’s all. And it still that way. I can`t bare to see her like that feeling down every time your name comes out.”

“Did I still have a chance though?”