Chapter V

Coward

“You sure did. You don’t know how much she waited for you to come back, she love you too much for her to move on.”

It hit me, and I again feel like a fool for not trying to fight. And this time I won`t make the same mistake no more. I won`t run away again, I will face her and apologize and get her back.

 

“Eunbin-ah, are you okay? You sure space out a lot like Gahyeon told us.”

“I am okay, just have a lot in my mind, need something? It`s not usual for you to pop up in my office, Bora.” I answered not looking away from my monitor.

“Well, came asking whether you want to hang out tonight. The others will come to, and she will be there too.” She asked hopefully.

“Oh? Sure, have you had lunch?” I asked finally looking up.

“Nope, not yet, you seems busy.”

“No no.. Let me finish this one real quick and then we will have lunch with Gahyeon.”

“Okay, I will go look for Gahyeon then. Take your time.”

“Sure.” I said while focus back on my documents.

 

*15 minutes later*

“Ms. Kim, I will be leaving for today, won`t be coming back after lunch.” I told my assistance on my way out. “Sure.” I hears she said and then I make my way to Gahyeon`s office. She and Bora talk about Bora`s vacation when I peak inside. “Ready?” I said, startling both of them, earning a glare from Bora.

“Sorry.” I muttered, “Let`s go. I`m starving.”

 

We went for lunch at restaurant nearby and I told them I have to be somewhere and will meet them tonight.

I made my way to her shop, not forgetting to buy some take outs, not asking whether she is there or if she had lunch. Good thing is she is there. She looked at me surprised when I suddenly show up at her shop and asked what am I doing there. I passed her the take out, which she happily receive since she haven’t had lunch and told her that I just drop by and hoping we can talk.

“What do you want to talk about? Been a while since we last talk huh.” She smiled.

“Yeah. Been busy.” She nod agreeing to that. We stay silent for a moment until she said, “So…?”

“Ahh. Yeah, Siyeon came to my office a few days ago.” She raise her eyebrows looking at me. “Well, we are just catching up. And she told me about your father. I am sorry to hear that.”

She laugh, “Haha, it`s okay, you do know that we are never close. Thanks anyway.”

“He is still your old man though. Anyway, do you have time this weekend?”

“Haha, yeah… This weekend? I do, why? Finally asking me out for a date huh?”

I just laugh at that. “Kind of. That is if you don`t mind.”

“Of course no, glad you ask though, I surely don`t want to be the one asking.”

“Hahaha, well well, I will just knock on your door this Sunday then, 9 in the morning. Be ready.”

“Sure, my number still the same, if you wonder.”

“I am not wondering… “ I joke.

“Hahaha, don`t you need to go back to work?”

“Nope, too lazy to work today, will just stay here and wait for you, let`s go together for dinner with the other tonight.”

“Be my guest, I will ignoring you once I start working though.” She said while finishing up her lunch. I just hummed and opening up my notebook.

 

We stay there doing our own thing until my phone rang, it`s Bora calling.

“Where are you? It`s almost 6 and you are not at your apartment.”

“Oh? You are at my place? Sorry, I am now at Handong`s office.” I said while looking up at her, she look at me confuse and I just mouthed `Bora`.

“What are you doing there? Well, good thing though, you can come together.”

“That’s what we are planning to do. See you later.”

“See ya, oh and, good to know that you finally talk to her, she missed you.”

“I know, thanks.”