girls like tiffany (prologue)

Confessions of a Lonely Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

girls like tiffany: prologue

 

Girls like Tiffany do not fall for girls like Taeyeon. She smiles bitterly at this thought, pricing the stack of envelopes before her with a little too much zeal. Girls like Tiffany fall in love to get their hearts broken, and then continue to break hearts thereafter. It’s a cycle – a cycle that Taeyeon has managed to observe from her place on the side lines.

Tiffany’s already had her heart broken. Taeyeon just knows she has. She can see it behind that lovely shine Tiffany holds in her eyes whenever her plump lips upturn into one of those charming smiles. So, inevitably, Taeyeon thinks, stacking the envelopes into their designated slot, that in her current predicament where she can’t just about close her damn eyes without fantasizing about that stupidly beautiful girl, her heart is ed; destined to be ripped apart by Tiffany’s unknowing hands.

Totally. Utterly. ed.

She exhales and lets her arms drop to her sides, thankful that Tiffany isn’t on shift with her today. Time spent stacking the shelves was the best time for contemplating without prying eyes. Having Tiffany near meant her nerves were on edge. Taeyeon just needed to breathe.

“Taeyeon?” She looks up to find her father standing at the end of the aisle, his glasses hanging low on the bridge of his nose.

“Yeah?”

“I’m just gonna nip to the toilet. Watch the till for me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter