CHAPTER 4

THE MELODY OF EVERYTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People said that she was silly. They said that she was naughty. Sometimes she is clumsy, she is so childish and funny, and that’s why people claim that she is their mood booster.

It’s a lie if she said that she never thinks serious matter. If she never being over thinking. If she never feels burdened by something or if she never afraid of something. Momo just doesn’t know how to express those things. Express her happiness and excitement is easier and that’s how she looks like always happy such as an innocent kid.

She loves Mina, really love the girl. The first moment she met Mina, she was afraid of the girl because the younger used to so silent. When she heard Mina’s voice for the first time she was amused by Mina’s so soft voice. 

Momo was not adore the girl. She was not fall in love at the first sight. When they are closer during the training time, the adoration of the girl was born. She adores how Mina take care of her, how Mina really nosy like her own mother every times Momo being careless, how Mina get mad if Momo didn’t want to drink her medicine, how Mina asked her to be careful,  to not run, to not sleep after 12 AM. 

Momo really like how Mina treat her and Momo really knows her own self: she loves Mina.

Momo never confess to the younger. Momo think that, those feeling just a love birds, that will pass. So she never confess to Mina.

But she was wrong. The feeling never to end even after TWICE not active as idol group and every member bust with their own schedule, the feeling never changes. Then at the age of 35 years old, she decides to confess the younger, as her wife.

She was afraid. She was nervous. How if Mina doesn’t love her back? How if after she confessed, they’ll become awkward then there will be distance between them? How if their awkwardness will affect their friendship—not, only friendship between the two, but also between other members.

But she was 35 years old. She spent a half of her life by loving the younger in silent. Then she tried. She takes an extreme decision by propose Mina. 

She was happy when Mina accept her—as girlfriend. She was happy a year later Mina accept her as the younger wife, but the story is not to end.

An hours before their wedding ceremony, Mina’s mother talk to her. The woman thanking but also apologize to the girl. 

“Thank you for choosing her.” Is the first thing Mina’s mom said while holding both of Momo’s hand.

“I’m so sorry, because after this, she will always bother you. She will be your burden. Maybe you will feel tired to take care of her. Maybe she’ll make you upset and frustrated.”  The woman looks into Momo’s eyes deeply.

 “It’s ok to feel tired and upset. But I hope you’ll never leave her. She loves you, Momo-chan. She always excited every time she mentions your name.” Sachiko smile, but there was tears that the women hold into her eyes. 

“Thank you for loving her. I’m so sorry.”

By that time, Momo’s insecurity born. What if Momo really get tired? What if Momo’s can’t takes care of Mina? What if Momo’s can’t protect Mina? What if she gives up and leave Mina? She was scared of her own self.

Momo was startled by the buzz of her phone. She currently rendering a video. She darted away her eyes from her computer’s monitor to her phone. 

My Mitang is calling

Momo’s forehead was wrinkled by her owner. It’s 10:AM right now. 2 hours has passed since she left their apartment. Mina never calls Momo in so early when the older is working.

“Mitang?”

“Hi.”

“What’s up?”

“You forgot your bento.”

“Huh? Really?” She then looking at her desk. Just realize if there no any lunch box on the desk. 

“I found it in front of the door, near shoes’ shelf.”

“Ah, I think I leave it when I wore my shoes.”

Mina always take Momo to the front door of their apartment if Momo going to works. She will check is Momo forgot to buttoning her dress, is Momo forgot to tie her shoes, is Momo forgot to bring her lunch was cooked by the younger, is there lipstick stain on the corner of Momo’s lips, is Momo already take her car’s key. 

This morning, Mina was in the toilet when Momo going to go. So the younger can’t take Momo to the front door.

“I’m sorry.”

“When is your lunch time?”

“At 1 PM. Why?”

“I’ll bring it to you.”

“Eh? You know that you’ll need more than an hour to come here, don’t you?”

“it’s ok. Besides, I don’t have any deadline today.”

“But, you’ll waste 3 hours just to bring my lunch.”

There silence for a second.

“Then, let’s have lunch together.”

“Eh?”

“You don’t want to have lunch with me?” Mina’s voice sound disappointed, but Momo’s know that Mina just . Image of Mina’s pouting come to her mind.

“That’s not what I mean!”

On the other line, Mina chuckling. “Then, that’s a deal. See you later.”

Before Momo can answer, the phone was hanged up by the younger.

***

Mina is standing in front of the building of Momo’s office. Lean her back on her car window. Then, she straightens up her back when she sees her wife coming for her. A wide smile engraved on her face.

Momo is panting. “Sorry to make you waited.”

“Daijobou. I came 15 minutes early. It’s not your fault.”

Momo takes a deep breath. “Where we’re going to have lunch?”

“There is a park near here, isn’t it?”

Momo nods.

“Let’s go there.” Mina is going in her car.

“Ok, let’s go there.” Then, Momo was start to walking. But the younger still in her current position.

“Momoring.”

Realizes that her wife is behind here, Momo stopping her step. Turned back. “Doute?”

“Let’s go there by car.”

“The park is not far.’

Mina glance at her watch. 10 minutes has passed from 1 PM. “You already lost 10 minutes.”

“Ah, ok.”

Mina smiles while grab the older wrist.

***

The couples having their lunch under a maple tree at the park. No, they’re not having a picnic or a romantic lunch date on purpose, all the table at the park was taken, so they should sit on the ground. 

“Sana called me.” Mina says, break the silence that surrounded them since they eat.

“What she said?”

“She upset because you haven’t read her messages since last evening.” Mina giggles. 

“She is so dramatic. There so many messages that I received and I haven’t read it.” Momo protest while munching her chicken katsu.

“She’ll visit us this Saturday. That’s why she is upset because you’re not read her messages.”

“I’m not not reading her messages. But I have not read it.” Momo defended herself.

Mina shakes her head while rolls her eyes.

There is no other conversation after that. They eat on silent. It's their habit, rarely talk when they are eating or more like Mina doesn't like talking when full of the food, and she will scold Momo if the older talk before she swallows her food.

Mina enjoy the moment. The sound of people chatting that not so noisy, the sound of the maple tree leave that fall, the wind that her hair softly and the presence of her wife. It's a simple moment but Mina feeling so blessed. 

The peacefully time suddenly break when Mina hears the sound of people gargling. She darted her eyes to the source of the sound. She found her wife gargling the mineral water, then gulp it. And that makes Mina furrowed her eyebrows in disgust. 

"What?" Ask Momo when she realize that the younger looking at her with so mean face.

Mina swallow her food. "Don't do that." 

Momo raises her eyebrows. 

"Gargle the water then drink it."

Momo want to protests, but she is in the state doesn’t want to argue with anyone, she’s too sleepy. There’s 15 minutes left right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter