CHAPTER 1

THE MELODY OF EVERYTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for typos and grammar mistakes, I wrote it while sleepy

This chapter is so long (at least for me)

=======================================================================================================================

 

09:00 AM, Tallahassee time.

 

The huge apartment is quiet. Only the sound from coffee machine and plates, forks and spoons that clashing from kitchen were heard. But a sound of camera’s shutter end the morning silence, make Mina who busy moving the fried rice from the pan to the plates shifted her gaze to the sound source. She found her wife look at the black DSLR camera screen.

 

“Beautiful.” Momo muttered

 

Mina smiled shyly. “Momo.”

 

Momo doesn’t respone. Continue to take Mina’s picture.

 

“Momo.” Mina whinned.

 

“My wife is so beautiful.” Momo pulled a chair in front of her and Mina, sitting on it. Hold her chin with her both hands. “Do you know my wife?”

 

Mina who still prepare breakfast smiled and shake her head.

 

“Really? You should know her, Miss Chef. Because she is so beautiful. Wanna see her photos? I just take her picture a minutes ago.”

 

Without waiting for Mina’s answer, Momo stand up quickly approached Mina, then showed her DSLR screen to Mina.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

 

Mina glanced at the DSLR screen. Beautiful. No, not her face but the photos is beautiful.

She remember the first time Momo bought a camera and start to learn photography then video editing. Thirteen years have passed since that time and Mina really fascinated by  Momo’s photography skills right now. 

 

Mina nodded and hummed. “She is.” Smiled, “you must be so happy to have beautiful wife like her, Miss Hirai.”

Momo smile widely. “Hmmm, I am.” Then put on serious face “but I don’t know how about her. You know, I am a trouble maker, she must be so tired to take care of me. Maybe she’s regret for marrying me, maybe she was drunk when she said ‘yes’ when I proposed her.”

 

Mina smiled “It could be like that or maybe she was forced by situation because there wasn’t another choice.”

 

Momo doesn’t respond immediately. She is silent about 3 second.

 

Senses something wrong because her wife suddenly silent, Mina shifted her gaze to Momo. She found Momo stared at her deeply with flat expression, but her gazed is so deep.

Realize there something wrong about what she was said, Mina stopped her activities.

“Momo, I’m sorry. I don’t mean it.”

 

Momo silent. Nodded. “Hmm, daijobou.” She said softly. Her voice sounded not as cheers as before.

“Is it, done?” She pointing at two plates of fried rice and two glasses of milk. “I’ll take it to the dinning table.”

 

“Ah, yes..yes, it’s done. Wait, I’ll take tray.” Mina take a wide try quickly and put the plates and glasses from table to the tray nervously. Then Momo take the tray on the dinning table.

 

Mina still in her position. Watching Momo worriedly. I hurt her. She said to herself.

“You don’t wanna eat?” Aske Momo who just sit down on the dinning chair.

 

 Mina startled, she blink her eyes. “Ah, I’m cleaning the table.”

 

“Just clean it later, let’s eat together.”

 

Then Mina approached Momo. Sit down in front of her. Eating silently, so does Momo.

 

The fried rice tasted so salty for Mina, not because she was adding slat too much, but she force herself to not cry. Her tears tasted salty, mixed with the fried rice.

 

This is something that make her really afraid. Hurting Moomo, making the older upset and disappointed.

**

Marrying Momo is big decision. There was hesitation when Momo proposed her. Not because she was not fall in love with the former main dancer of TWICE, but there was so many anxiety that haunted Mina.

 

“Let’s marry.”

 

Was all Momo said when they were spending their Friday afternoon at Cleanwater Beach waiting for sunset  a years ago. After they were talking about how time pass so fast and curios about who will follow Nayeon and Jihyo to get married.

Nayeon have married a years ago at her 36 years old, for months later Jihyo follow the oldest member at her 33 years old. They guess it would be Sana because she’s currently dating a Japanese actor, or maybe Jeongyeon although the second oldest not dating everyone but she closes with some guys.

 

“What is that?” Mina was smiling, “it’s not funny.”

 

“Of course because that’s not a joke.”

 

Mina’s smile suddenly fainted. “Momo… I…”

 

Momo looked at Mina, her gaze was so soft. “Do not ready yet?” She smiled, “it’s okay, I’ll wait until you ready.”

 

She stood up. Set her camera on a tripod. “I’ll wait you, but if the case is you’re not love me, I’ll move on then.”

 

She love Momo. Yes, she is. Since the first time she met Momo, she realize how she adore Momo, but for her it’s just adoration between friends because Momo is so talented.  Two years after debut, she realized that she has a crush on Momo. She thought that just lovebird that will stop every time, but she was wrong. As they grow up from naïve teenager to be adult, the feeling also growing up.

 

That was so sudden. She was never know about Momo’s feeling, she was too afraid to find out about it. She afraid if the answer made her heart ache, but that afternoon, without saying “I love you.” Suddenly Momo asked her to marry. This was crazy, really crazy.

 

Fall in love when she was still naïve until she become an adult. There’s so many thing that change her perspective and the feelings. She still love Momo, but she never imagine to marry her.

 

She love Momo, but after growing up, she set her type, she set her standard. No, not that Momo is not on her standard, Momo just…not fulfill the criteria that she made.

 

She want to marry once in her life. She don’t want to divorce. So, she don’t to marry wrong person and regret later.

 

Momo maybe not the wrong person, but she was not so right person.

 

Knowing Momo for over 10 years. Mina really understand who Momo is. The older is a nice person, bestfriend, best sister, but not the best for being her mate.

 

As a woman, youngest child and introvert person, she need someone that can lead her, someone that can guide her, someone that can protect her, someone that can support her and become the best place to leaned on and Momo wasn’t that person.

 

It’s would be opposite, if Mina marry Momo.

 

No, not that Mina didn’t want to lead, guide and protect Momo. After all these years, she has been that person and she didn’t complain it. But, she sure she can’t always being that person. She sure she’ll be tired and if she’s tired she afraid if she can’t protect Momo, she afraid if Momo can’t leaned on her, even worse she afraid if she hurts Momo and makes Momo leave her. She was not reliable, she’s not the best place for Momo to lean and she was afraid of that fact.

 

 

“Momo…” her voice was hoarse, “I…” she choked.

 

Sense that Mina was crying, Momo turned, faced Mina.

“Mina.”

“I’m sorry.” Mina was sobbing.

 

Momo approach Mina, cupped Mina’s chin with her two hands. “Hi. It’s okay, it’s okay. Don’t cry.” She said softly.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No no no. Don’t say sorry. It’s not your fault. It’s okay. I’m really okay.” Momo stared Mina worriedly.

 

Mina shook her head. “No..” She tried to calm herself. “I…” she didn’t know what to say. It’s so complicated.

Momo hug Mina. She pated the back of Mina head.  “I just want to know about what you feel. If you don’t love me, it’s ok, I’m fine. There will always two possibilities  every time people confess their love, accepted or rejected. That’s a normal thing.”

 

Mina hugged Momo tightly, still crying. “Can we start as girlfriend? Marry…is too serious.” She whispered

Momo was startled. “Eh..” She stopped patting Mina’s head. She loose her hug. She stared Mina’s face “Mina…”

 

Mina looked at her shoes, avoid Momo’s gaze. She wiped her tears while still sobbing. “It’s so sudden. I was shocked. I’m sorry.” She said felt embarrassed.

 

Momo smile widely, she can’t hide her happiness. “Ofcourse..ofcourse.” Then hug Mina again. “Arigatou, arigatou  gozaimasu.”

 

On Momo’s embrace Mina still crying. She’s afraid. Afraid if she’ll broke up before married. Afraid if after married she can’t take care of Momo. She afraid, so afraid of the future.

It’s supposed to be a breakfast that full of laughter, but it was silent. Momo used to talking while breakfast and dinner. Talking about anything and Mina will be good listener. Sometimes, if Mina in good mood, she will be talk active too, but the breakfast was silent.

“I’m done.” Momo said. She get up and take her plate to the dishwasher, wash it quickly. Let Mina finish her breakfast alone.

That is not their routine.

Momo used to wait Mina, if the younger haven’t finished her breakfast or dinner yet. She will talking about anything or take Mina’s picture. Then she will help Mina bring the empty glass and plates to dishwasher.

Mina bite her own bottom lips. Momo must be upset and it’s makes Mina wanna cry.

Momo take her DSLR that she left on the kitchen counter. Bring it to their bedroom.

That is not Momo habit.

 

Mina wash her dish silently. Her jaw is clenched. She can’t hold it anymore. A tears fall from her left eye, she wipe it immediately, but tears come from her another eye.

Daijobou. Daijobou. She will forgive you, she will. She reassure herself while taking a deep breath

Then, she heard step font running to the kitchen. Mina wipe her tears quickly.

 “Ok, I’ll wait you.” Momo says to someone on the phone.

 

“Mina, Dubu will visit us.”

Mina turn her body, facing Momo. Momo’s smile so wide

“Eh, did you cry?” Momo touch one of Mina’s cheeks

Mina titled her head, trying to hide her  face, avoid Momo gaze

“Iie, my eyes were itchy, I rubbed it when washed the dish, the soaps must be into my eyes.” Mina is lying.

“Eh, do you already wash it with fresh water?”

Mina nodded. “It’s ok, it’s better now, just still look red.”

“When will Dahyun visit us”

“Today. She will sleep here.”

“Eh? Why so sudden?”

“She said she is in vacation. She supposed back to Seoul 2 days later but her friend has sudden business , so her friend back to Seoul but she already booked ticket plane and the ticket can’t be canceling.”

“She said she is in vacation. She supposed back to Seoul 2 days later but her friend has sudden business , so her friend back to Seoul but she already booked ticket plane  and the ticket can’t be canceling.”

Momo sigh, “She supposed to be move to Miami this afternoon but she doesn’t wanna spent her vacation alone, so she choose to visit us.” Her face look so bright.

 “Ah, ok. I’ll prepare bed room for her.”

“No. Let me prepare it. Could you prepare some snacks and drink for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter