CHAPTER 2

THE MELODY OF EVERYTHING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring. I don't want to make the story too long, but I want to put every conflict in every chapter, so when the is come, you'll not be feel so sudden. Last, I don't feel tired to say sorry for the grammer mistakes.

BTW, I change the title. I just realized if it weird without "THE" in the beginning of the title.

 

 

=======================================================================================================================

 

Marrying Mina is a sacrifice: sacrificing her ego and—if she could be honest—sacrifice her true self - she must change herself for the sake of her wife. Mina never asked Momo to change, but Momo felt the urge to change and honestly Momo was very tired.

 

Since they were dating, since she knew what the criteria of Mina's ideal husband .

 

Mina is very motherly and if Momo has to judge all her best friends, then she would be honest that  Mina is the most patient person if should deal with her and that makes Momo fall in love with her. Very. Too deep.

 

Mina is the last child, just like her. Like the other last child, who doesn't care as mature and independent, she is still being pampered.

 

Momo was spoiled, too spoiled. Her life is very careless. Cannot lead others.

 

Mina wants someone who can lead her. Someone who can protect her. Someone who can make decisions and give advice.

 

That person was not Momo, but Momo loved Mina very much.

 

So she sacrificed. She changed. She tried to be a truly mature woman. Being a woman who is not spoiled. Being a woman that Mina can rely on. That is very tiring. Very.

 

Mina is introvert, so does Momo. But they are different types of introverts.

 

Mina is an introvert who prefers to spend time at home, she needs time to be alone, really alone without others.

 

Momo is an adventurous introvert, if she is close with someone she wants to accompany that person wherever the person asks.

 

Mina and Momo will not start a conversation first with a new person. But Mina is more able to find material for conversation if people start talk to her while Momo will be awkward, she doesn't know what to say if she doesn't really understand the theme of the conversation.

 

But Momo likes to tell stories, she will tell everything  she thinks is interesting (and for her almost everything that she saw and she has experienced is interesting) while Mina will only talk a lot with certain themes she really likes. So Momo looks more talkative than Mina, but Momo is more awkward if she has to interact with strangers.

 

Momo herself actually didn't know whether she was introverted or not, maybe shy is more proper rather than introvert.

 

Momo needs attention, she doesn't like being dumped. But there was a moment where Mina would be quiet and not care about her, a moment where Mina was wanting to be alone without anyone else.

 

At first Momo didn't understand why Mina was so, but knowing her since she was a teenager made Momo understand better.

 

She could understand that, so she did not force Mina. She seeks the attention of others. When she was with someone else, suddenly Mina gave her attention and it made Momo confused until now.

 

She did not understand why when she needed Mina's attention, the younger would not give what Momo wanted. But when Momo gets attention from others, suddenly Mina pays attention to her.

 

So Momo busied herself outside the house. Despite having several dance schools, she still works as a photographer and video editor. She did not avoid Mina. She just wanted to give Mina time to be alone, so when Momo come to home, when she needed Mina, Mina would pay attention to Momo because Momo did not like being dumped.

At 17:00 Momo entered the apartment lazily. She walk slowly. She only wore long jeans and a tank top. At her waist was a long-sleeved shirt she had worn when she left for work this morning. Her face was red and wet, like a boiled crab. The difference is, her face was wet from sweat, not because of water. The back skin of her hands look darker than the skin of her arms. The skin of the back of her hand is tan, like the skin of Southeast Asians.

 

Momo took off her shoes in a hurry, not putting them on the shoes rack. She hurried into the living room without taking off the socks she was wearing.

 

Once she arrived in the living room, she immediately threw her backpack on the floor and her DSLR on the table. She immediately lay down on the floor with her back facing the ceiling, then closed her eyes.

“Oh, my God! Momo!” Mina, who come from their room to check if Momo already come back or not, because she heard the door was opened but there’s no greeting from her wife, was shocked by the view in the living room. She almost step up on Momo’s body. Quickly, she sit down near Momo’s body, shake her body a little rough.

“Momo.”

Her wife doesn’t respond.

“Momo, can you hear, me?” Mina begin to panic.

Because shaking Momo’s body didn’t work,  she moved to her wife’s cheek. She slapped the chubby cheek softly, but many times. “Momo, wake up, please!” Her back is tensed.

Feeling disturbed, Momo turned her face while grumbled.

Mina sigh in relief. She rubbed her own face. Then, slap Momo’s back softy. “You’re surprised me!”

Momo woke up lazily. Facing Mina. She look at the younger girl with glazed look. “Tadaima.” She said without enthusiasm.

“Okaeri.”

Then, Momo lean her head on Mina’s shoulder. Hugh Mina’s slender waist with the both of her hands.

Mina returned the hug. One of her hand on Momo’s waist, another hand caressing the back of Momo’s head.

“Doua no?” Mina asked, her voice sounded so soft.

“Tired.”

Mina smile at Momo’s innocent answer. “Did you run? You’re sweating too much.”

“We visited St. George Island. Observed the visitors. How they throwed garbage. How  they respond when they saw garbage that thrown away. We also observed the sea.  We visited the beach, in this ing summer, for about 3 hours." Momo complained and sulking.

Hearing Momo who  talk like a kindergartner, Mina chuckled. “It’s must be so tired and hot.”

Momo only nod. Then, she close her eyes. Already asleep within 5 seconds.

If there is anything that Mina doesn't like about Momo, it is her habit that is overworked and can't say no to others.

One year. They have been married for a year. Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter