Dreams and Thoughts

Opaque

She drummed her fingers on the steering wheel and sang to Maroon's 5 Sunday Morning. Jeongyeon is a good singer, no actually saying that she's good is an understatement. Hearing her sing will make you forget all your problems and you just couldn't get enough of it. Upon nearing the intersection, she noticed a familiar figure walking on the side of the road. She knows it. From the way she walks and the way her hair sways. She caught her face and saw her eyes, eyes that were the same as Jeongyeon's. She drove faster and turned to the side hoping to caught up with the woman not knowing the green light was on for the other side of the road. A truck came and Jeong didn't had the time to swerve and avoid it for she was looking at the woman. The last she saw was that she was falling, falling.

BANG!

She felt a pain in her head and opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry, two dark orbs were staring at her and she began hearing muffled  voices. Wait, it wasn't orbs it was, a pair of eyes. Her bestfriend's eyes to be exact. "Hey Jeong you okay?" she asked abviously concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine," trying to mask the pain in her head. "What happened?" Hirai Momo shook her head and chuckled. "You fell asleep in the middle of the class then you kinda moved and lost your balance so there you are, at the bottom." Jeong didn't miss that joke and glared at her bestfriend. She then realized that the class' eyes were on her. Embarassed, she bowed her head and said sorry to their professor. And as if the god's heard her prayer, the bell rang indicating their lunch break.

"I'm pretty sure you'll be the talk of the chemistry department tomorrow." Momo snickered. Jeong doesn't have time to think about that, she was bothered by her dream and she needed to be sure. She stopped walking ang looked at Momo. "Who am I?" she seriously asked. Momo's eyes widened and started racking up her brain for possible head injuries from falling that could lead to Amnesia. Jeong must've seen Momo's look of horror at her face. "Gosh I don't have amnesia Momo. Its just I'm bothered by my dream." she assured. 

"Oh okay, but tell me about your dream after okay?" Jeong nodded. "You're Yoo Jeongyeon, a 3rd year college student who majors in General Chemistry, can read people's mind, super smart, daughter of the Lego CEO," she paused for a moment to remember anything that's important. "Oh and you own a Ferrari 812 Superfast." 

Jeong groaned at the last description. She really needed to say that thing? "Then why did I dreamt of something in the last 6 years that happened and never happened?" They continued the walk to the cafeteria which was already packed with students. "Uhmm duh? That's why they're called dreams stupid." Momo answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Wow you've grown smart now huh? But you still lack understanding." Jeong said bluntly.

The part where she was preparing for the first day of college did happen 6 years ago. But that accident, never had she been into one. It was so real she thought she did die back then. It was as if it was someone else's dream. Then she stopped on her tracks again, eyes wide and the gears in her head started to work. "Yah c'mon I'm hungry." Momo was already ahead of Jeong. "W-what if," Jeong's voice quivered. "What if that dream wasn't mine?" A flick in her head made her come back to reality. "What was that for!?" Rubbing her forehead. "You yourself said you can only read a person's mind, specifically its thoughts so how could you see through other people's dream now huh?" Momo seriously said. She never was the strict kind of friend but when it comes to this kind of circumstances, she really doesn't have a choice.

Jeong thought she had a point and it was truly impossible for her to read someone's thought when she's asleep so she dropped the topic for now. Seeing as the cafeteria was crammed, they decided to take their lunch at the field. Momo saw something or someone from the other side of the field that made her self-conscious.    "Jeong how do I look?" she asked while adjusting the collar of her turtleneck sweater and finger combing her hair. Jeong raised one eyebrow at her friend's weird behavior. "You look perfectly fine Momo." They sat on the bench and started eating their lunch. Jeong noticed that Momo was changing her posture every now and then, obviously flexing her muscles and her long legs. Only one person can make her look like an idiot she is right now she thought. Heaving up a sigh, she willed her focus on her friend and started to enter her mind. Though not literally of course. The feeling was always new to Jeongyeon no matter how many times she's already done this. It's like being into a vacuum and inside of that vacuum, a wide open space where moving pictures and thoughts are swimming around. 

And she was right. For the pictures she's looking right now, are pictures of the girl Momo have a crush on since their first year. She looked at the other side of the field and there, was Momo's dream girl laughing with her friend. She chortled and shook her head at Momo's ways of getting her attention. Looking up from her food, Jeongyeon saw Momo looking at her with a face she well know. "No Momo that's not gonna happen."

"Come on just this once," Momo insisted. "I really need to know if Nayeon thinks of me even the slightest."

"And?" Jeong asked. "I don't think she thinks of you even once though" she laughed. It wasn't true. Hirai Momo was one of the most popular students at Park Jinyoung University. The best version of herself is when she's dancing and she knows it. They don't call her "the dancing machine" for nothing so the probability of Nayeon not knowing Momo is zero. 

Momo whined and hugged her friend's arm. "Jeongyeon pleaasee? All you have to do is talk to her and do that mind treading hocus pocus of yours. Jeongyeon snorted and flicked Momo's forehead. "For the nth time, its mind reading not treading," she said. "Alright alright but this doesn't come free." Momo's face lightened up as if she just aced their Chemistry test. "Yes! Of course anything you want, it's on me." 

Jeongyeon sighed and walked up to Nayeon at the other side. She looked back and saw Momo egging her to go on. Momo is whipped oh my god. She finally reached Nayeon where they seem to be enjoying the topic of their conversation with her friend. Jeong is the shy type and really isn't comfortable with starting a conversation with someone she doesn't know. "Umm..." Jeong started. "Hey you may not know me but I know you since a friend of mine likes you a lot."

Im Nayeon is the Vice President of their Supreme Student Council, she's the same year as Jeong and Momo but she majors in Theater Arts, Captain of their cheerleading squad and a popular one too. Her family owns a perfume company and Jeong reckons maybe that was why Momo fell in love with her at first smell. "Hi Jeongyeonie!" Nayeon greeted her cherfully with a bright smile. Okay that was one cringey nickname. Jeongyeonie?? Jeong let it slip since she came here to read her mind, nothing more nothing less.

The vacuum feeling returned and she saw Nayeon's thoughts at the moment. And let me tell you, it wasn't that all welcoming for Jeong.

Oh my god PJU's Yoo Jeongyeon is talking to me.

I heard she's an introvert but why is she talking to me?

A friend who likes me? She only has one friend though

Jeong cleared and said "Anyway can I get your number?" Nayeon and her friend must've misunderstand Jeong for their reactions were shocked and thought she was the one who likes Nayeon. Lucky for her she read it and made it clear that it was for her friend not for her. She did thought about Momo alright. The first thoughts she saw was when Nayeon is watching Momo dance, the next ones that followed were her random thoughts that just ended with her thinking about Momo. She likes her too? Or maybe just becuase she's a fan of Momo's dancing? Jeong thought.

"Thank you Nayeon."

"No problem, and you could tell your friend to come talk to me sometimes."

Jeongyeon was sure there was something.