New kid and fresh starts

Opaque

Momo and Jeongyeon was deep in thought. It was about 2 hours since they arrived at their dorm from the youngster's room. Jeong was experiencing migraine ever since they came back and she knew better than to continue thinking but she just couldn't. She couldn't figure out why the heck Mina ran from them specifically from her and so she asked Momo if she had any hunch and luckily for her, she had just finished devouring her jokbal so she said she could help her think of any possible reasons because her "mind and brain are fully loaded."

"Maybe she didn't know I was studying here at PJU?" Jeong suggested casually. She's very much aware it didn't made any sense but she had to think of something to satisfy her curious head. Momo snorted at her bestfriend and said "It's impossible. The second you set foot on PJU ground you became famous, like everyone at our uni knows you so I'm pretty sure Mina's aware about it." Well it is quite true. Words about a beautiful woman who gives off a girl crush vibe and a daughter of Yoo Lego Group's CEO reached even the farthest corner of Park Jinyoung U just after her first day. A lot of girls and boys wanted to date her and that resulted to Jeong's desk filled with bright pink love letters and a lot of flirty comments on the hallways for the whole year during her first year. Then they must've realized that Jeong couldn't be swayed by any means of flirting so they let her be during her second year until now and just admired her from a distance. 

All I see are temporary feelings, not even one person like me sincerely so why waste my time on them? Jeong always had that thought since all of them were transparent under her gaze. "You're being exaggerating Momo" she said. 

"Hey it's true! You never fail to make heads turn to you wherever you go."

"Ah so is that why you're always hanging out with me and staying by my side?" Jeong teasingly shot back.

"Excuse me I've been hanging out with you ever since high school and of course I'm always by your side. Who do you think could stand your attitude beside me?" Momo said while getting ready for dinner. Jeong smiled at her reply. Sure enough Momo had been there for her ever since day 1 and she accepted her even when she learned about her mind reading ability. Momo never left her side even when she got her heart broken and had been with Jeong through thick and thin. 

"I think Mina still hasn't gotten over about us. Maybe she hasn't moved on that's why she ran when she saw me becuase she didn't expect me to be there and I read her mind just before she turned her back," Jeong explained. "She was thinking about that day when it happened. I mean it just can't be some random thought that happened to pop into her mind."

Momo looked at her friend carefully. She knew that Jeong also hoped for the last 4 years that everything will be back together. That maybe, maybe there's still a chance between her and Mina. During Jeong's dark days, Momo saw how Jeong was very vulnerable and fragile as if all hell broke lose after losing two of her most cherished people in her life. There wasn't a night that she wasn't drinking and picking up a fight or making a mess out of her room. And as her bestfriend, she didn't want that to happen again.

"Remember Jeong, she left you before, she could still leave you in the future." Momo  said with eyes full of worry. Jeongyeon understood why her bestfriend was overly protective of her and she replied with a nod.


It was another usual day at class and Momo and Jeongyeon was playing PUBG while waiting for their teacher to come. After another win, Momo asked "How does Hulk's pants manage to still fit into him when its already small?" Jeong looked at her in disbelief. Sometimes, Momo's mind was very random that she herself couldn't catch up at reading her. Just when Jeong was about to answer something smart, their teacher came with another student Jeong was sure she hadn't seen before.

"Good morning to all of you. I'd like you to meet Minatozaki Sana, she'll be joining you from now on." The new girl was beyond beautiful. No, beautiful is an understatement for describing her. All of them seemed to be holding their breaths the moment she entered the room. She was tall about 5 feet and 4 inches, her body proportions were perfect, her blonde wavy hair and her cute smile makes you question whether she's a human or the sun itself. Jeong would be lying if she said she wasn't mesmirized by Sana's looks. 

"Holy ." Momo whispered.

"Hi I'm Minatozaki Sana! I'm looking forward to get to know you all. Please take care of me!" she said with so much bright energy Jeong was afraid that the light she radiates would lead her to heaven. Their professor pointed out that Sana could take the seat at Jeongyeon's left side and everyone in the room started to object as to why she gets to seat close to her. Even Momo was staring enviously at her best friend saying "How to be you almighty Jeong?" while punching her lightly.

Jeong had goosebumps the moment Sana sat on her seat. Everything about her screams "I'M ADORABLE YOU'D LIKE TO KEEP ME IN YOUR POCKET" vibe.

"Well since Ms. Yoo here doesn't have any objections, might as well give her a tour right now since I don't have anything to discuss with you. Just make sure to review for the finals."

"I can't believe she transferred here two days before the finals." Jeong whispered to Momo.

"It's finals already!?" Momo's eyes were big from shock thank goodness her eyeballs didn't fall. Well being too focused with food, she obviously forgot the school's schedule for exams. Jeongyeon on the other hand, already had enough of her bestfriend's stupidity for god knows how long.

"Yes, yes our beloved spring semester will be coming to and end." Jeong said while teasingly patting her bestfriend's head. Feeling quite satisfied with herself for irritating Momo, she decided to get herself a soda from the vending machine. As she was heading for the door it seems the odds might not be in her favor after all.      "Excuse me," she heard a honey like voice from behind. "C-could you show me ar-round the campus?" Sana was obviously stuttering from nervousness. She heard no response from the girl and looked up to see her staring right back at her. Being Minatozaki Sana, she was well aware that people would stop and stare at her wherever she goes. But meeting Jeong's gaze, she realized how she was beautiful and handsome at the same time that she felt her cheeks burning. "Uhmm Jeongyeon right?" This somehow managed to shake Jeong from her trance.

"Oh right," she said rubbing her nape still unsure of Sana's personality. Yeah personality because she should've been transparent under that intense gaze Jeong gave to her. The moment she first spoke to her she felt something odd. Like wanting to see what is beyond but something stops her and not once in her life did that something ever stopped her. She should've had thoughts at the very least. "Let's start within our Chemistry department then"

Jeong couldn't read Sana's mind. Did you ever just open up your televesion expecting your favorite show but the screen just went black instead? Yepp that's what Jeong is feeling right now. You could say the whole tour was made up of mostly Jeong staring at Sana and only breaking the contact when Sana had something to ask about the uni.

Is she even human? I mean there could be a possibility she isn't because who would believe she's real with that goddess like face? Oh my god what if she is a gooddess sent from Olympus that's why she's so beautiful and I can't read her mind. There could be some magical force stopping me from using my ability.

As they were passing the Chemistry lab, Sana was sure Jeong is a ert by now. "I have a question" she started. "Ever since we started the tour you have been staring at me."

Oh

"I get that I'm pretty, I get that a lot but don't you think this is too much?"

"Are you a ert? Because I really think y-" The other students passing by heard her and started turning their heads at them. Jeong of course being one of the popular figures at the uni panicked and covered Sana's mouth with her hand. "OW!" She felt an agonizing pain on her middle and ring finger and saw teeth marks. "What was that for?" she half shouted with pain. "That was for being a total ert," she stepped away acting as if she was gonna walk away but then went back and stomped her right foot. "WHAT THE !?" She looked at Sana with disbelief. Did she just bit my hand and stomped at my feet?

The bell rang indicating their next class at the Chem lab and lucky Jeong, her classmates haven't arrived yet so it was just her and Sana. She didn't want any rumors spreading about her when she worked hard on having a clean record for three  consecutive years. Sana was already seated and didn't even spare a glance at her. Okay I take back what I said about her being a goddess, she's a total psycho. She felt her phone vibrate and did not expect to see the name who have just messaged her.

Just Mina

Jeong? Can we talk?

Name the time and place

The cafe just outside our uni. I don't have class now

 

Wow bold of her to assume I'll ditch my class just to go meet her. Did she really think I'll come running back every time she needs to see me? 

I'm on my way

Now she knows she's still whipped for her ex. Who could ever be in their right mind to still agree on meeting someone who left her for another woman? She was about to go out when Sana called her. "Hey ert where are you going?" Jeongyeon swore she would have punched her right then and there if only she wasn't rushing. "I'm ditching class just for my ex," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "I was raised to respect women by the way." And she left her there not waiting for a response. When she arrived at the cafe, Mina was already waiting for her at the far corner. They always choose corners for every private talks do they. She was still ethereal and perfect Jeong had a hard time approaching her. She realized their relationship was such a waste they could've been together by now if not just for Mina's change of heart. became dry and her eyes started to sting but Jeong told herself she wouldn't break before Mina. She won't let herself be vulnerable. 

"Hey" she said when Jeong sat infront of her.

"Make it quick" sipping the coffee Mina ordered beforehand. She couldn't meet Mina's eyes so she fixed her stare at the tissue beside her coffee. She couldn't bear to look at her again because she'll just end up hurting if she sees what's on her mind right now.

"Do you really hate me so much that you can't even look at me in the eye?" Jeong could sense where this conversation was heading and honestly she wasn't that ready yet. Sure its been four years but first love never dies right? "I don't have time for this." She replied standing up and walking away from their table.

"Yoo Jeongyeon" Yes please, call me by my name because I miss your voice so much.

"Jeongyeon!" Can you atleast be honest with me this time?

"Jay!" And she stopped walking. She haven't heard that name for such a long time that it already feels unfamiliar.

"What's your name?" she asked the girl playing in the sandbox. The little girl seemed to be shy and covering her face with her hair. Jeongyeon thought it was cute. The little girl didn't reply which made Jeong realize she might be scared of her. "Do you want me to teach you how to build a sand castle?" This caught the girls attention. She hesitantly nodded scooted closer to Jeong. "Its very easy you know" Jeong started. She picked up a bucket and filled it with sand, after that she then again picked all the different types of bucket in the sandbox and laid them side by side. Using a stick, she drew a little river surrounding the castle. The little girl was amazed at the sand castle before her and made human figures using the twigs nearby. "My name is Mina" she said shyly.

"Mina? Its beautiful it suits you" Jeong said smiling.

"J-j-j-" Jeongyeon thought Mina was kind of making a noise using . "J-jaa-ja-" She looked at Jeong as if asking for help. With her ability, she saw Mina was trying to pronounce her name! It seemed to be a hard name for Mina since she's unfamiliar with the word and started wailing. Right then Jeong saw that Mina was a competitive but soft girl. She was upset with herself because she couldn't pronounce Jeongyeon's name. Jeong on the other hand was frantically trying to calm Mina down. "Sshhh don't cry the people might think I did something bad to you." But Mina just cried harder. "Shhh! Okay okay just call me Jay." This made Mina stop crying and tried saying the name. "Jay?" Her voice was so innocent and soft Jeong could listen to it all day. "Yeah Jay, my name is Jay" she said grinning.

"Jeongyeeon! Its time to go home!" Jeong heard her Mother's voice calling for him. "Bye Mina! My mom's looking for me. Let's play again tomorrow okay?"

"Bye bye Jay" Mina said. When Jeong reached her mom, she hugged her tight and made a request which surprised her mother. "Mom can you call me Jay from now on?" she asked. "I made a friend and she gets upset every time she hears my name because its hard for her to pronounce it." As her mother, she knew Jeongyeon had no friends so she was shocked when she heard the word "friend" came out of her daughter's mouth. "Sure baby. Introduce your new friend to me next time too okay?"

Just like what happened years ago, Mina was already standing behind Jeongyeon tears flowing on her face. "I'm sorry," she said. "I'm sorry I left you like that. I should've stayed by your side, I should've told you the truth and I never should've left." Tears were also threatening to fall from Jeong's eyes but she will not allow it.  Mina faced Jeong saying "I know I owe you tons of explanation so could you give me a chance to patch things up for us?" Jeong could only nod and followed her back to their table. 

For the first time, she's being sincere.

"To be honest, I've loved you too. I've learned to love every part of you Yoo Jeongyeon, even the smallest things" She smiled remembering the moments they had together. "But-"

"But everything changed when you got back from your trip on Europe." Jeing finished. "You met someone and was smitten and then you felt guilty for having been swayed by a total stranger when I was here slowly falling for you." Mina's eyed widen with shock. "How did you know?" Jeong forgot that Mina didn't know about her ability to read thoughts. Only Momo and her family knew about her ability. "It was kinda obvious" Jeong lied, sipping her coffee. "The moment you got back here you always seemed uncomfortable with me. And you always flinch whenever I touch you." 

"It just you know? I was with you all those times, I confessed that I like you. That day you decided to run away, I planned something special that night. I was about to ask you to be my girlfriend." she laughed bitterly. "Funny how destiny works isn't it? And then the next day, when-" Tears were now flowing down Jeong's face. Dammit! Why am I crying? But nonetheless,  she continued, burning. "When Mom died because of a car crash, you were nowhere to be seen. You left for Japan and came back just to attend her burial. You really know how to hurt a person do you?" She was now letting out all her feelings she didn't have any plans to stop. "I was the one who decided to stop whatever was between you and I even though it was hard to let you go. Because you were hurting Mina and I don't want to see you everyday pretending you're okay and pushing yourself to love me. I fell in love with the right person in the wrong time." Mina was quiet the whole time Jeong talked, her eyes swollen. "You deserve better Jeong," she tried to smile. "You don't deserve me, a , who got swayed by some stranger in an unfamiliar country when she's very well aware that someone was waiting for her to come back at home."

They were talking rather casually now. Maybe the storm ranging inside them finally subsided and only needed the perfect timing to let out all the feelings they've bottled up inside. "Mina. I can't promise I'll get over you now but I promise I will someday," Jeong said smiling. "We'll get back to being bestfriends right?"

"Of couursee! I can't wait to meet Momo again." Jeong panicked, she's not really sure how Momo will react to this situation but she hopes Momo's in a good mood when she gets back later. "So, who's the lucky girl?" Jeong asked her teasingly. "Actually, its-" 

Just when Mina was about to say the name, both their phones vibrated and their eyes widened with horror. The message came from both different persons but the news was the same. And it read:

The chem lab is on fire where are you??

 

 

A/N: Hi guyys! Sorry it took a while for me to update because I have been prioritizing my schoolworks but I promise I'll update more often from now on. Thank you for your comments uwu I'll work harder on making this AU better.