TWO YEARS

OUR TIME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoga didn't help. 

 

I stayed up late, thinking.

I woke up late, hurrying.

He picked me up, worrying.

 

And I can't find my balance.

 

So I called in my angel and demon, Hayi and Suhyun.

 

We went out for dinner, something we normally do. But we need to discuss things right away, because one of the guys will definitely pop up unannounced. That's how our friendship works. We're all clingy to one another.

 

"Mino wanted to go out with me."

 

Hayi cursed and Suhyun giggled. See? Angel and demon.

 

"What did you say?" Hayi demanded.

 

"I said I'll think about it." 

 

Suhyun looked worried. "What's to think about? Is there something wrong with Mino?"

 

"Aside from the fact that we're friends and I just broke up with our common friend?" 

 

Taehyun has always been a part of our group, but since we started dating and he got promoted from his job as a sales manager, he kind of drifted away from us. 

 

Not to me, of course, but that promotion is one of the major reasons why we broke up. That and the fact that I fell out of love with him. I don't even know if I ever loved him. I blame it on peer pressure. Our friends pushed us to be a couple, and I somehow found comfort in it. I've dated guys they don't approve of, and I hate it when my boyfriend don't get along with my friends. And since Taehyun is already a friend…

 

I know that it's wrong, but I thought it was a great idea. Turns out, it wasn't.

 

And now, this thing with Mino, I'm sure that my friends will play a part in this again.

 

I don't want to lose Mino like Taehyun did when he left the group. Everyone loves Mino. There's actually a chance that I get chosen to leave than him if things don't work out. After all, I was the last person to be a part of their circle. My connection to them has been only Hayi.

 

That's why things shouldn't be forced to work at all.

 

But…

 

There's that night.

 

God, I hate myself for not telling Hayi and Suhyun about this before because it will be harder to tell them that now.

 

"There's something else I need to tell you."

 

Of course, that's the time Hoony appeared along with Dony and Anda. The looked around, looking for Mino, and turned to her phone upon realizing he's not here.

 

"What's up?" Hoony asked as he got a bite of my garlic bread. He dipped it on the pasta sauce on my plate and shoved in his mouth.

 

"Do you girls want some margarita?" Dony asked. I like him. He's cool and, well, rich enough to always order food or drinks for us.

 

"Can I get the skinny margarita? I'm on a diet." Anda said without taking her eyes off from her phone.

 

I looked at my angel and demon knowingly. We'll talk later.

 

Hoon ordered more food. Jinwoo appeared looking tired. He took a sip from Suhyun's margarita and winced. "Get me a shot of whiskey." 

 

I knew at one point, Mino will turn up and when he did, my hands started to shake. Hayi sat on my right and Dony on my left. I thought I was safe, but then he took the seat across from me. 

 

Great, we're now face to face.

 

He smiled and I tensed. I feel so pathetic.

 

He took a sip of my drink as conversation started to flow among us. As usual, Yoon leads the group. 

 

Hayi kept nudging me under the table. That means Mino is looking at me. I took a glance and regretted it immediately.

 

He was staring at me.

 

And it scared the out of me. I'm scared because knowing that he's staring at me made me feel great.

 

. Great.

 

I tried to act normal. Laugh at his jokes, , punch him, talk to him…

 

Until I realized I'm focused on him. Suhyun was even giggling discreetly on us.

 

"We should see that movie, babe." He said to me. The table roared with laughter because they don't know.

 

And I'm both frustrated and relieved.

 

So I answer back.

 

"Sure thing, babe." Everyone was laughing, except for him. He was beaming with happiness. And it's so ing cute.

 

This is such a mess. 

 

I now find him cute.

 

Great. Just great.

 

We were walking out of the restaurant when he slid his hand on mine. The others were walking ahead of us so they didn't see.

 

"I have the pink coat on my car." He said, squeezing my hand.

 

"You can keep it." I told him. He smiled so sweetly again.

 

Hoon turned to us and saw our hands. "What the heck is that?"

 

"Holding hands with my babe." Mino beamed at Hoon.

 

I tried to take my hand from him again but he wouldn't let me go. I saw Hayi frowning at me.

 

"I'm not your babe. It's Hyomin, right?" I answered to defend myself. Against who? I don't even know.

 

That made him let go of my hand. He stopped and I did too.

 

"You can just tell me to off if you don't want this. Do you really don't want to try this with me?"

 

I stood there speechless. 

 

He then snapped at me. "Fine. Silence says everything." 

 

We walked to his car and the others rode with Yoon and Hoon.

 

Just when I hugged Hayi and Suhyun before they boarded Yoon's car, Mino did something that broke me.

 

"Anda, do you need a ride?"

 

Of course the said yes. Mino opened the door for her. Looks like I'm demoted to the back seat.

 

But I can actually do better than that.

 

"Hayi, do you still have my Gucci bag?" My eyes tried to send her a signal, and she accepted.

 

"Yes. Do you need it?" She answered a little louder.

 

"I was hoping to use it tomorrow. Do you mind if I hop in, Yoon?" Suhyun glanced at Mino, and I honestly don't care. Two can play thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter